USH tips/tricks | Inside Universal Forums

USH tips/tricks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Mar 23, 2014
Do you guys have any "secret" tips and/or tricks about USH that would help our visit to USH in June? You know, things to check out that could get over looked, places to eat or any other random super fun things to see or do.

I am still mourning the loss of Doc Browns... as far as I know there are no tips or secret things... is this your first visit? Maybe try getting a pin... Someone's birthday? Get a pin, you get the ocassional perk when celebrating something... If you're a Conan Doyle fan, in Baker Street you will see the shadow of Sherlock in his address. If you are a JP fan, in the ride there is a barbasol can in the end. In the bathrooms that are located right to Jurassic Café there are some paintings of, what I believe, real size dinosaurs. 

My personal tips!

-Come as early as you can! Usually when the park opens the crowds are light until about noon. Do the most popular/newest attractions first. I'd say hit up Dispicable Me and then head RIGHT for the tram.

-If you can stay until closing, the last hour usually has short lines. Especially with Jurassic Park due to it being wet. You can usually walk on and off Jurassic Park at least a dozen times in the last hour.

-Skip Shrek 4D if you can. The line is long and the attraction is just boring. I'd say the same for Simpsons, but some people like it.

-Make sure you have a hearty breakfast before going to the park. You don't want to get hungry when you get there. Eating dinner there is fine, but you don't want to pay for 3 meals in the park.

Be patient with Shrek, the queue is a mess right now.

Do not miss Waterworld!

Get up early and eat big before you arrive into the park.  Lunch lines are usually long inside the park and waste a lot of time.  Eat a later lunch (2-4pm) and you can knock out most of the park before the big lines start.

Despicable Me and Transformers have been opening early recently, it may pay off to arrive early!  DM is expected to be a crowd hog this year.

There is limited indoor seating in the park, if you eat in the Upper Lot - choose International Cafe or Theater Cafe - they are both quick selection options and you dont have to wait for food to be prepared.  Steer clear of Mel's Diner and Louie's Pizza.  Themed food is available at Gru's Cafe, but I would expect that to be super crowded and very limited seating.

If you eat in the lower lot, Jurassic Cove Cafe usually has nice seats upstairs and Panda Express has a secluded area behind the Transformers queue.

Focus on your Studio Tour in the morning hours rather than waiting into the evening.  It is a big chunk of your day and can get very long if you wait too late.  Remember this attraction is 45 minutes at least + wait time all together!  Go to the restroom before you board.

Reactions: steve
Unfortunately USH does not really have secret things you can look out for to make your trip that much more special. Everything is there in front of you. The Barbasol can is one of the few things that can be overlooked but I assure you that on such attractions, you're not going to be focused on looking for them. You either see it or you don't and if you don't, you won't remember. :lol: Another little neat thing on the Jurrasic Park ride not so secret is something you won't miss if you just look around to see what a great ride you're in. I bet you'll see it. :)

I suggest you get at the park before it opens. Transformers and Despicable Me have early access half hour before the rest of the park opens. Hit up Despicable Me first as its this year's big attraction.

Do the Studio Tour before 1pm. The Studio Tour is the most popular attraction so in the earlier hours boarding is quicker than the expected wait time. It can sometimes practically be a walk on before 10am.

Transformers in the lower lot can get a lengthy wait time but again, if you do it in the earlier hours, you can be done with the entire lower lot attractions in less than 2 hours. Also, check out the NBC Universal Experience exhibit while you are on the lower lot to look at some great movie props and costumes. And maybe take a photo with Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, or Megatron right across the exhibit.

Adding to what Chris said, if you're going to eat at the Jurassic Cafe which has a pretty decent selection of items, eat on the upper dining area. The ambiance is much nicer than it is down below or inside the restaurant. The stairs are to the left of the doors.

If you must watch Shrek 4D, I recommend you do it within the last hour you'll be at the park. The line for Shrek 4D is always packed during the day. Around the last showings, its usually a walk on.

The Simpsons line can also get incredibly long. There is no time during the day where the line short. At least not anymore...unless, again, its in the early hours. -_-

Watch Waterworld. The best seating area is the middle section so it quickly fills up. Also, I hope you don't have a problem getting wet even if you don't sit in the splash zone!

The park starts to noticeably seem crowded past 2pm. If you are there for a whole day, you should be able to watch all shows and board all rides at your leisure. You don't need an entire day for everything either. I can spend entire days there only because I love being there. haha!