Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 442 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should make a poll on what land is the most intriguing to the board (I would but that is beyond my abilities). I would love to see what lands people are most interested in visiting. Obviously we want all of the lands, but there has to be one that you are most excited to visit. Mine is definitely the Classic Monster section.
I would assume Monsters is the hardcore fan favorite.

I'm most excited to visit the hub personally. . .
Yep-- the hub area is the most exciting to me. I think the whole park will be amazing, but I just want to walk through the gates and soak in the ambiance of the celestial gardens and fountains of the hub.

I think HTTYD will be a favorite people are not expecting/anticipating. Compared to the other three areas it will be the greenest with lots of water and kinetic energy. I'm picturing it being very ren-faireque.

Reactions: Darko
1. Ministry (recently rose to #1 for me)
2. Monsters
3. Nintendo
4. HTTYD
I think this may be it for me. Really recently I realized just how surreal it will be to walk into the Ministry, I think it’s going to have Hogwarts level of breathtaking that I can’t resist being so excited lol. Also the ride building being absolutely massive gives me big hopes.

I think this may be it for me. Really recently I realized just how surreal it will be to walk into the Ministry, I think it’s going to have Hogwarts level of breathtaking that I can’t resist being so excited lol. Also the ride building being absolutely massive gives me big hopes.
Agreed. It will be about the same level of wide eyed ah that seeing the interior of Gringotts gave us. All Universal has to do is take a screen shot from the fifth movie and there you go. Question is, which central statue do we get? The unity one with centaurs, goblins, etc. (Fountain of Magical Brethren)? Or the oppressive Voldemort era one (Magic is Might).

Reactions: Nico
Yep-- the hub area is the most exciting to me. I think the whole park will be amazing, but I just want to walk through the gates and soak in the ambiance of the celestial gardens and fountains of the hub.

I think HTTYD will be a favorite people are not expecting/anticipating. Compared to the other three areas it will be the greenest with lots of water and kinetic energy. I'm picturing it being very ren-faireque.
Right! Lets be honest, we already know what to expect from the other lands as their are already renditions of them or we just know the subject matter like the back of our hands, but the hub is the only original area in the park where creative can really shine and I am really looking forward to it. One of my favorite areas between the current parks in the port of entry because there were no IP restrictions, no rules, no guidelines just let your imagination flow, same as with lost continent. Just from the rendering, we can see areas that look intimate then areas they are grand in scale. I can't wait.

1. Monsters (huge classic monsters fan)
2. HTTYD (watched these movies and read the books--all excellent BTW--with my kids when they were younger)
3. Central Hub (when they first walk through gates I think people will be blown away by the shear size of the space)
4. Potter (the rides and Paris-at-night theme)
5. Nintendo (will still be great, but we have the best sense of what this will be already)

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Big Donkey Kong presence in the newest Mario movie trailer, part of me thinks it has to do with SNW synergy. Either way very happy to see it, DK is my favorite Nintendo franchise.

Big Donkey Kong presence in the newest Mario movie trailer, part of me thinks it has to do with SNW synergy. Either way very happy to see it, DK is my favorite Nintendo franchise.
DK predates Bowser as a major player in the Mario world and has had a presence in with the broader characters since Mario Kart on the SNES. Any movie without him (and any themed land without him) is missing a MAJOR part of Mario’s story/history.

DK predates Bowser as a major player in the Mario world and has had a presence in with the broader characters since Mario Kart on the SNES. Any movie without him (and any themed land without him) is missing a MAJOR part of Mario’s story/history.
Agreed, it still stood out to me that the trailer features many characters and the DK character design that’s specific to the Donkey Kong Country series, the same series that DK in SNW is based on. The first location in the trailer also looks to share motifs with the kong temple that will feature in the attraction.

Agreed, it still stood out to me that the trailer features many characters and the DK character design that’s specific to the Donkey Kong Country series, the same series that DK in SNW is based on. The first location in the trailer also looks to share motifs with the kong temple that will feature in the attraction.
The render (and construction beams) are based on the original DK imaging.

Which Shigeru Miyamoto confirms
-

Last edited:
The render (and construction beams) are based on the original DK imaging.

Which Shigeru Miyamoto confirms
-

Def a mix of classic DK and country DK. Either way the presence of Cranky Kong and what looks like Funky Kong and Diddy Kong implies a connection to the Country series.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Status
Not open for further replies.