Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 420 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A mockup of what could be DKC has come out from analyzing!

Looks cool but super short, I actually wouldn’t mind if it went a little slower at some portions and had more block breaks to hopefully boost some capacity by allowing for quicker dispatches. Still hard to tell how some scenes would play out without scenery.

Reactions: Suchomimus
To be fair, I don't think anyone should consider this anywhere close to an Eticket. It's not designed to be a headliner.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it first - but I kind of agree with you. It's not at the level of Hagrid or Mummy, but it aspires to be.

I do think from an operations point of view, it's an E-ticket with a popular name brand and its location but falls flat in execution and capacity... the same situation as Seven Dwarfs.

The video also added to a feeling which I've had for a while, which is that I'm sceptical about how visible the whole fake track thing will be from on the ride (and yes I realise the NL camera is fairly arbitrary, but still). Especially for the second row.

Might be an effect which is more impressive off the ride than on.

The video also added to a feeling which I've had for a while, which is that I'm sceptical about how visible the whole fake track thing will be from on the ride (and yes I realise the NL camera is fairly arbitrary, but still). Especially for the second row.

Yup. The track, if your looking for it, will be obvious when riding it. Definitely designed to be hidden from the land itself though.

I mean, at some point there has to be a suspension of disbelief from an adult mind. We're not flying on air in Hagrid either, but the flying motorcycle conceit is still there.

I think most people are going to see the effect and think "Oh cool!". I'd also assume the back row might be slightly elevated in relation to the front to give it a little better view, like in Gringotts

I've been bringing this up the past few years warning people about it too. It really depends on the size of the vehicle and how many seats they intend on fitting. If it's only 4 seats each cart, dispatching at 15 seconds (which would feature the fastest dispatch intervals for a coaster anywhere) your still only looking at 960 riders an hour - not great for an e-ticket.
If it wasn't for the arm, they could've had a 2 track station like with The Mummy.

Last edited:
To be fair, I don't think anyone should consider this anywhere close to an Eticket. It's not designed to be a headliner.

It seems to be E-ticket-level theme/design work on a C-ticket coaster layout, with the "track jumping" gimmick being a wild card element that we'll have to wait to see how it plays out (but I expect it will be pretty cool).

Split the difference and consider it a D-ticket? That's basically what I'd classify Seven Dwarfs if forced to do so, too.

View attachment 17602

Hard to tell but based on the test site footage from a while ago, the back row looks a little higher.
Yes, it is tiered seating.

Any chance it's continuous load?
Yes, it is rumored to be moving load platform.

Looks cool but super short, I actually wouldn’t mind if it went a little slower at some portions and had more block breaks to hopefully boost some capacity by allowing for quicker dispatches. Still hard to tell how some scenes would play out without scenery.
Yes, the indoor show scenes will have deliberate slow down moments that are not all represented in this mock up video.

Check out the testing footage from reddit a few years ago. It represents the first few moments on the ride, and the slow indoor scene right after the jump over the facade, (before the drop in the video,) gives you an idea of how the ride will slow as needed for show scenes.

I think there could possibly be up to 5 carts running the track at the same time plus up to 8 at load/unload. Maybe someone who is better than me at theoretical math can attempt to figure out what that may translate to in hourly capacity?

Loading type doesn't matter, what matters is the time between each block section/zone.

Goofy's Sky School at DCA (4 per train) last about ~20-25 secs.

All that matters for hourly capacity is dispatch times and person per train. Blocks can dictate how soon you can dispatch the next train, but time between dispatches is the determining factor for throughput. Continuous load, theoretically, can lead to shorter dispatch times.

Yes, it is tiered seating.

Yes, it is rumored to be moving load platform.

Yes, the indoor show scenes will have deliberate slow down moments that are not all represented in this mock up video.

Check out the testing footage from reddit a few years ago. It represents the first few moments on the ride, and the slow indoor scene right after the jump over the facade, (before the drop in the video,) gives you an idea of how the ride will slow as needed for show scenes.

I think there could possibly be up to 5 carts running the track at the same time plus up to 8 at load/unload. Maybe someone who is better than me at theoretical math can attempt to figure out what that may translate to in hourly capacity?

Have spent literally no time on this since i posted it last year, but I had a ride time of 90 secs, not one min like this other person.. I put the pauses in to represent scene slow downs and those acted as additional block sections, they could *maybe* get away with 15 sec dispatches - bearing in mind Space Mountain is 20 sec dispatches and operates on a marble run type system, i wouldnt expect anything longer than that, it doesnt bear thinking about wait times for

15 sec dispatch = 960/hour
18sec dispatch = 800/hour
20 sec dispatch = 720/hour

Reactions: Mad Dog and Loki
I think it would be the longest wait in the park even if it wasn't popular. That thing's capacity is gonna be *rough*.

Can't wait to ride it though!

Yeah, anything with a wild mouse capacity is gonna' be rough no matter what.

And same. Seeing @Alicia 's video, I'm really excited on what this coaster is speculated to do (can't say cuz' spoilers), and if they can pull it off, it's gonna' satisfy what I'd love to see with a mine kart coaster.

I can understand the 7DMT comparison, though I think this has a chance of making better use of its gimmick. 7DMT feels way too short in either coaster section, so the swinging cars feel underutilized to me. Meanwhile for DK, I think it'll have enough opportunities during the ride to play with the gimmick, so even if it may be short, it's going to show off the gimmick quite well.

I didn't wanna be the one to say it first - but I kind of agree with you. It's not at the level of Hagrid or Mummy, but it aspires to be.

I do think from an operations point of view, it's an E-ticket with a popular name brand and its location but falls flat in execution and capacity... the same situation as Seven Dwarfs.
???? How are we talking about execution when we don't even know how it rides yet?

???? How are we talking about execution when we don't even know how it rides yet?

It's a speculation/discussion thread - just want to speculate on the designs/ideas we have so far. It's perfectly fine to discuss our opinions on what we could expect the ride experience to be like.

I would love to be wrong and DK become my favorite coaster. I want to make sure my expectations our appropriate before overhyping it.

All that matters for hourly capacity is dispatch times and person per train. Blocks can dictate how soon you can dispatch the next train, but time between dispatches is the determining factor for throughput. Continuous load, theoretically, can lead to shorter dispatch times.

That was my original statement as well, station design doesn't matter if blocks take longer than the dispatch interval and vice versa. Would love for Universal to surprise me, but it is not wrong to speculate on a potential capacity constraint.

Universal is more than capable of dispatching a 4-passenger cart in 10 seconds, would love to see that in action as we haven't seen something like that yet.

I know that Yoshi is a continuous load with two people per car. And the cars are about 15-20 feet apart? I know this isn't the best comparison since Yoshi is a slow moving ride and DK is a "coaster". But what is the hourly capacity on Yoshi?

I know that Yoshi is a continuous load with two people per car. And the cars are about 15-20 feet apart? I know this isn't the best comparison since Yoshi is a slow moving ride and DK is a "coaster". But what is the hourly capacity on Yoshi?

They are about 6-7 seconds apart from each other, so ~1,200

Status
Not open for further replies.