Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 179 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a fun shop for sure...But there really isn't anything that lends itself to an engaging "ride" with Animal Crossing...
Maybe not an exciting ride, but I think it could be engaging if it's something like Nav'i River Journey, where you're just encountering scenes and going with the flow. All you need is a slow-moving ride vehicle to sit on and some cute animals to look at. Obviously, this would only work as a side addition that balances out more energetic or exciting rides, rather than a must-do attraction in its own right.

Maybe not an exciting ride, but I think it could be engaging if it's something like Nav'i River Journey, where you're just encountering scenes and going with the flow. All you need is a slow-moving ride vehicle to sit on and some cute animals to look at. Obviously, this would only work as a side addition that balances out more energetic or exciting rides, rather than a must-do attraction in its own right.
I could think of a more interesting boat ride with cute animals from Nintendo :tease:

Reactions: alias8703
Honestly, I think the best way to incorporate Animal Crossing into SNL would be to do it more subtly. Maybe have some of the festivities that AC usually puts on during major holidays (like our beloved Bunny Day) bleed over into SNL when the rest of the park is celebrating the real-ish thing. Could always play around with Tom Nook deciding to "expand" his vacation operation to the park and sending guests on scavenger hunts for Nook Miles/Bells ala the Wilderness Explorer hunt at DAK (maybe even tie it into the SNL app by having the interface when you're doing the hunt resemble the NookPhone's?).

Beyond that, if we're thinking bigger, I think the best option would be either to do a restaurant or shop. With the restaurant, you could do it as a slight riff on Happy Home Designer and have it be a very picturesque bistro/coffee shop (maybe ran by Isabelle or one of the other villagers?) with foodstuffs themed after villagers (and "their" recipes) along with a much more low-key mood compared to the hustle and bustle of the rest of the land. Bonus points if every so often you get a "surprise" performance from K.K. Slider himself, either via screen or animatronic. With a shop, I'd say to have it be a smaller, basic needs kiosk "owned" by Tom, or maybe give Epic Universe its equivalent of the Prop Shop at Universal Studios proper via Redd deciding to set up shop. There, you could have not just bits and bobs from the park (and the movies that inspired the lands) for sale, but potentially rare Nintendo merchandising either from the company's history, or simply just exclusive to Redd's domain.

Last edited:

If Universal ever wants to expand their video game park catalog (AKA more than Nintendo), Minecraft would definitely be the way to go. 200 million copies sold. 126 million active players a month.

Surprised nobody has picked it up yet tbh.

Would also be the easiest themed land to ever build.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Unless you’re building a store or some kind of meet & greet or walkthrough Animal Crossing doesn’t really lend itself to a theme park.

I could imagine some sort of themed M&G dining with the popular cast of Animal Crossing. No idea about the food, but cute characters in a nature inspired space with air conditioning might go over well.

They should build a Starbucks land, cause a lot of people buy their coffee every year
5adkd4bk4ns31.jpg

To get back on topic.

Has anything been said about a possible parade? I just can't see a suitable route on the concept art and I can't remember anything about a parade storage warehouse.

To get back on topic.

Has anything been said about a possible parade? I just can't see a suitable route on the concept art and I can't remember anything about a parade storage warehouse.
I’ve been informed by a couple separate individuals that a parade building is planned for later... but I have no clue where a parade route would/could possibly go lol.

Reactions: Gumbo and Scott W.
I’ve been informed by a couple separate individuals that a parade building is planned for later... but I have no clue where a parade route would/could possibly go lol.
Only place I can think is between FB and HTTYD behind the quick service but I mean you know the plans better than I would

Status
Not open for further replies.