Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 519 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that Simpsons is probably the worst ride system in the park. I know people who don't normally get motion sickness get sick on that ride. It is one of the rides that I can skip every time because even I sometimes don't feel well after it and it is just OK. I know people don't like F&F but I would replace Simpson's ride before F&F. However, if it stays the same IP that is OK, but I don't see that happening.
I’m definitely in the minority, but as far as screen rides go, I love it when the screen is so large that you can’t see any edges. Which is a big reason rides like Simpsons, BTTF, Flight of Passage, and Soarin work so well. The other Universal simulators don’t have that same immersion. Also, I personally feel like the motion profile on this system is more thrilling than the other simulators, but I know this just translates to motion sickness for most people. And it’s pretty clear Uni isn’t done with this ride system, since they keep building Minion Mayhems but using the same BTTF/Simpsons ride system.

That said I don’t WANT a reskin of Simpsons. Bulldoze it and build a proper ride/land. That ride system should be retired until they find a way to innovate it like the Ministry ride upgrading the SCOOP.

And back on topic: Luigi’s Mansion absolutely has to be an expansion! I love the idea of it being a whimsical alternative to the batsh!t crazy Monster Mansion ride in the neighboring land!!!

I’m definitely in the minority, but as far as screen rides go, I love it when the screen is so large that you can’t see any edges. Which is a big reason rides like Simpsons, BTTF, Flight of Passage, and Soarin work so well. The other Universal simulators don’t have that same immersion. Also, I personally feel like the motion profile on this system is more thrilling than the other simulators, but I know this just translates to motion sickness for most people. And it’s pretty clear Uni isn’t done with this ride system, since they keep building Minion Mayhems but using the same BTTF/Simpsons ride system.

That said I don’t WANT a reskin of Simpsons. Bulldoze it and build a proper ride/land. That ride system should be retired until they find a way to innovate it like the Ministry ride upgrading the SCOOP.

And back on topic: Luigi’s Mansion absolutely has to be an expansion! I love the idea of it being a whimsical alternative to the batsh!t crazy Monster Mansion ride in the neighboring land!!!
It is funny I don't ever feel any sickness on those other rides you mention and either does my daughter. I also don't get motion sickness on cruises. However both my daughter and I rode Simpsons last time we were at the parks together and we both said no thank you to riding again. I think we will try again with the other two kids who have never been on, but it is something when I am by myself I always pass up, yet those others you mention I always go on. There is something about Simpsons specific system that causes more motion sickness in my opinion. And it isn't just my family when I talk to others they say the same.

Last edited:
It is funny I don't ever feel any sickness on those other rides you mention with Simpsons and either does my daughter. I also don't get motion sickness on cruises. However both my daughter and I rode Simpsons last time we were at the parks together and we both said no thank you to riding again. I think we will try again with the other two kids who have never been on, but it is something when I am by myself I always pass up, yet those others you mention I always go on. There is something about Simpsons specific system that causes more motion sickness in my opinion. And it isn't just my family when I talk to others they say the same.
I can ride Montu and Manta 100 times without a problem. Simpsons kills me after a minute. There's virtually no wind or A/C in that building + projectors are very dim.

Not to mention, if you get a bottom row corner vehicle, you effectively have to prop your head up only to get a weird, disorienting view of a dim aging projection. And that's on top of the wild and bucking movement profile from the simulator car itself. It's rough and easily the worst attraction at Studios currently imo.

Not to mention, if you get a bottom row corner vehicle, you effectively have to prop your head up only to get a weird, disorienting view of a dim aging projection. And that's on top of the wild and bucking movement profile from the simulator car itself. It's rough and easily the worst attraction at Studios currently imo.
Noticed this my last time, really turned me off from ever doing the ride again. Has this always been a problem from the BttF days and have I just been lucky up until then?

I mentioned this before. They always mention inner ear and age with motion sickness issues. But they fail to mention vision. I always had a measure of motion sickness, even in my youth. With Universal it was real bad with the Dragon coasters. fairly bad with FJ, and mildly bad with Simpsons. Five years ago I had to have cataract surgery, which kind of comes with aging. My vision is the best it's ever been, and I don't have to wear contacts or glasses for intermediate and distant vision anymore. I also never get motion sickness anymore, even on those fast-circling flat rides. So, the vision thing is something that people with bad motion sickness might want to check out. Probably kind of what happens with the Guardians coaster.

Reactions: alias8703
I mentioned this before. They always mention inner ear and age with motion sickness issues. But they fail to mention vision. I always had a measure of motion sickness, even in my youth. With Universal it was real bad with the Dragon coasters. fairly bad with FJ, and mildly bad with Simpsons. Five years ago I had to have cataract surgery, which kind of comes with aging. My vision is the best it's ever been, and I don't have to wear contacts or glasses for intermediate and distant vision anymore. I also never get motion sickness anymore, even on those fast-circling flat rides. So, the vision thing is something that people with bad motion sickness might want to check out. Probably kind of what happens with the Guardians coaster.
Interesting. I should try Simpson's again now that I have had my surgery. But I honestly had horrendous vision, but the only ride that got to me was Simpsons and mission space. However, mission space may have been my claustrophobia and not motion.

Interesting. I should try Simpson's again now that I have had my surgery. But I honestly had horrendous vision, but the only ride that got to me was Simpsons and mission space. However, mission space may have been my claustrophobia and not motion.
My vision also was terrible before. Almost felt like a miracle. It doesn't improve that much for all, but it does for a decent portion of those having the procedure. It really has made theme parks much more fun when there's no queasy feeling.

Reactions: alias8703
My vision also was terrible before. Almost felt like a miracle. It doesn't improve that much for all, but it does for a decent portion of those having the procedure. It really has made theme parks much more fun when there's no queasy feeling.
I basically had Cataract surgery only they left my lens in. They said when I am older and develop cataracts they would then remove it and probably replace the one they put in to make minor adjustments to my vision. Honestly it is awesome waking up and being able to see right away. But I don't think it caused the motion sickness on Simpsons, but I did plan to ride it since only one of my three kids have ridden it.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
I am surprised no one has said anything about Spiderman or Transformers. Are the rides that much different from Simpsons that one will cause nausea and the others don't? Just curious.

I am surprised no one has said anything about Spiderman or Transformers. Are the rides that much different from Simpsons that one will cause nausea and the others don't? Just curious.

Spiderman does an excellent job at timing and I can ride multiple times, but for whatever reason Transformers makes me nauseous after 1 ride. Might be the difference in 3D quality or that Transformers has so much going on your eyes are struggling to keep up?

Reactions: TylerG
Spiderman does an excellent job at timing and I can ride multiple times, but for whatever reason Transformers makes me nauseous after 1 ride. Might be the difference in 3D quality or that Transformers has so much going on your eyes are struggling to keep up?
I do agree on the difference between Spiderman and Transformers. Spiderman isn't slow by any means but Transformers is like being thrown in a blender (not even mentioning the audio that is hard to hear over the explosions)

Reactions: TylerG
Ever since they upgraded the screens for Spiderman my husband has been fine on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.