Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 266 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting down a bet now: no physical preview center. Happy to lose this bet lol
I’d settle for a series of short behind the scenes YouTube videos the entire year leading up to the opening.

In the age of social media we really don’t need a physical preview center, but it would be nice.

Reactions: TCox91 and Grabnar
I’d settle for a series of short behind the scenes YouTube videos the entire year leading up to the opening.

In the age of social media we really don’t need a physical preview center, but it would be nice.

I think a preview center would result in a huge push on social media from vloggers. Sell merch along with it.

Reactions: tielo

I don't know. If they're early 2000s DVD quality behind the scenes videos sure. But please not the carefully manufactured 2010s bonus features that just promote the brand and reuse footage meant for advertisting.

A preview center could also help fulfill that attraction a year quota.

Reactions: TCox91 and Scott W.
There’s 0 chance for a preview center. This is a company that won’t announce what a ride is before it opens

I would say that there is a considerable chance for a physical preview center, now that Creative will be hiring once again. Soundstage 33 could work, as it would allow for adequate queueing space. I would wager it’d be open ~6 months prior to grand opening, so in 2024.

Reactions: tielo
Am I the only one not looking forward to the Fantastic Beasts section? I love Potter but I'm exhausted with it in the theme parks. I love what they have but don't really want anything more.....

I would say that there is a considerable chance for a physical preview center, now that Creative will be hiring once again. Soundstage 33 could work, as it would allow for adequate queueing space. I would wager it’d be open ~6 months prior to grand opening, so in 2024.

But here's the thing, this is the biggest park opening since we've had ubiquitous high speed internet access at home and in our pockets. I can see ads, photos, and in-room videos around the resort but not a physical presence. I think a full press web presence is the better option here.

BUT, I'd STILL like to see a nice physical location. Maybe a temporary CityWalk location and something in the airport.

Reactions: Nick and RevFreako
Vague art that basically shows nothing of value to someone who isn’t a theme park fanatic? Of course there’s going to be art when a park is announced. Have you ever seen a park announced without it?

You’re acknowledging that there’s a difference between a park and a ride?

Why would the same rules apply to the way universal approaches this park as they do a new ride?

Reactions: jarmor
You said there had been changes made during the pause, changes that you thought were for the better. Share them when you can!

So I konw we're very interested in getting info (I am too!) but here's the deal: UC has thinned down a lot and contract work is scarce. Leaking ANY info can quickly be traced back to a few people and NO ONE is willing to risk jobs or friendships over this. Expect fewer information to leak now.

You’re acknowledging that there’s a difference between a park and a ride?

Why would the same rules apply to the way universal approaches this park as they do a new ride?
*rolls eyes*
Releasing a vague piece of concept art is not a preview center. I think people expecting one will probably just get their hopes dashed

Reactions: Legacy
They certainly must have a physical model they can stick in a room with some screens, right? I doubt they'll go for something as elaborate as the IOA preview center, but at the very least they can display the model somewhere.

Any “preview center” will be online, and will likely launch a year from opening as a driver of vacation packages.

In 1997, only 37% of US households even had a computer. Only 19% of those had internet. By 2000, it was 51% and 41% respectively. Universal also wasn’t a “national” park at the time. It was still fairly local. A physical preview center was the best (and basically only) way to advertise in advance. Now, though? When people are literally able to do virtual and augmented reality with a device in their pocket? When Universal Studios is an internationally known resort? Why waste money of a physical preview center when all that money can go towards a virtual preview website and reach millions more people AND directly sell vacation packages?

Reactions: RevFreako
Status
Not open for further replies.