Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 142 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just curious to get people's opinion on this: when do you guys think we'll an official opening date and tickets for sale? I speculated before it will probably be around the same time the preview center opens (June) but I want to hear what others think.

I know we got tons of info today and there's tons more in the thread but maybe I missed it... is there anything that would be considered a family dark ride in this park?

I know we got tons of info today and there's tons more in the thread but maybe I missed it... is there anything that would be considered a family dark ride in this park?
Perhaps the Floo Network attraction? I'd have to get more information on it to feel confident saying that, but that's my best guess.

Did anyone else notice this description for Starfall Racers? OUTATIME!? Flux Capacitor perhaps?
I think this will have something to do with the lore of how the Park connects several different time-space stories and how explorers attempt to sail the stars in search of new worlds or something. Or like, power the Chronos with kinetic imagination or something like that. Or maybe Doc Brown is one of the luminaries that spends time in Celestial Park and Phase 2 will have a proper Doc Brown/Doc’s Inventions storyline. Or maybe THIS ride will have Doc Brown in it…?!

I think this will have something to do with the lore of how the Park connects several different time-space stories and how explorers attempt to sail the stars in search of new worlds or something. Or like, power the Chronos with kinetic imagination or something like that. Or maybe Doc Brown is one of the luminaries that spends time in Celestial Park and Phase 2 will have a proper Doc Brown/Doc’s Inventions storyline. Or maybe THIS ride will have Doc Brown in it…?!
I think it's just an Easter Egg lol

That's amazing! It looks like it includes one coin? I'm assuming that represents the first fully announced land, Celestial Gardens, with four open slots for additional coins to be sent/inserted at a later date?
About a week back I heard mumbling of some sort of "gauntlet" merch item being made for Epic with little pucks/discs you could add onto it from each of the lands. I think whoever I heard it from took the information as Magicband meets Infinity Gauntlet which was curious to me, but now that you point out the coins, I'm now thinking this was the merch item they heard about! That park entrance statue is incredibly neat!

Reactions: saint.piss and Nico
I'd say today's PR dump was incredibly successful. More so than any other theme park related news in recent memory. Tons of non-theme park people are now aware of EU and very excited without even knowing anything else about the lands themselves. The Disney crowd high on pixie dust (aside from a few scrooges on Twitter who complain about absolutely everything Universal does no matter what) was surprisingly more muted and not as critical as I'd have thought too. Which I'd say is a sign they're quite intrigued or excited themselves. Wins all around.