Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One thing I keep coming back to, and forgive me if it's been stated in the 165 pages of this thread, is the soundstage building for monsters juxtaposed with the manor. Are we looking at another potential Forbidden journey show building situation?
the manor and show building is the highest part of the land by about 9 feet, with lots of trees blocking views both in land and some BOH beside the show building views from inside the park will be limited as youll have tall trees blocking a view as you look up to it

the manor and show building is the highest part of the land by about 9 feet, with lots of trees blocking views both in land and some BOH beside the show building views from inside the park will be limited as youll have tall trees blocking a view as you look up to it
Can you explain what you mean by 'another ' Forbidden Journey situation ?

To put it simply: giant concrete unthemed very visible block of doom...

It's one of the reasons why I had always wished JPRA would get a similar "canopy/tunnel" like the former original version at USH. Nothing worse than dispatching the boat up the lift & seeing Hogwarts/FJ's show building when you're trying to be immersed in a Dino jungle!

A very visible unthemed showbuilding off to the side.

That's certainly the hope.

What we've seen of the land so far makes it seem (at this still-early stage, granted) like it's going to be challenging to hide that building unless they pack a lot of very tall trees very tightly next to the walking paths near the manor. Which is possible. I don't think there's any way the showbuilding won't be visible from the coaster at points (like Flight of the Hippogriff at IOA), but I am eager to be incorrect.

Reactions: Lucas C
I say they do what Hollywood did to the back of DreamWorks show building. Paint a forest mural on the guest-facing side. Maybe paint an extension of crumbling Manor rockwork so we're not looking up at the box of doom while in the extended queue

As for USH's very visible FJ show building, we have the excuse of "working studio". So it's just another "soundstage". At least that's the lie I tell myself

There's going to be a relative high wall between stake house and the manor. There's trees going behind that...and even some behind stake house you wouldn't expect to see

If you study Bios photos you'll see they have tarred the wall to build up soil and put mature trees there too as well as trees close to the path in front of the manor. I wouldn't worry too much

There's going to be a relative high wall between stake house and the manor. There's trees going behind that...and even some behind stake house you wouldn't expect to see

If you study Bios photos you'll see they have tarred the wall to build up soil and put mature trees there too as well as trees close to the path in front of the manor. I wouldn't worry too much
Thank you because people are not gonna let this topic die until they physically see the trees going in to block the views.

Thank you because people are not gonna let this topic die until they physically see the trees going in to block the views.
I mean... yes?

Nobody is rooting for the showbuilding to be unthemed and visible so that we can complain about it. We're hopeful it won't be. But there's certainly precedent at Universal where they didn't bother to try to hide a very large box jutting out of the side of another beautiful castle/manor exterior, so I think it's fair to say, "I'm going to wait until we start seeing what their plan is."

That's not the same thing as assuming they won't hide it, either.

Except trees don't guarantee anything (unless done correctly). You enter Jurassic from Potter, pass through the arch & oh look... there's a castle in this jungle! -gasp-

Or as mentioned, show building visible from Hagrids pathway or Hippogriff. It's awkward when they go through all the trouble to immerse you in a land but fall short of the show building of doom box.

I mean... yes?

Nobody is rooting for the showbuilding to be unthemed and visible so that we can complain about it. We're hopeful it won't be. But there's certainly precedent at Universal where they didn't bother to try to hide a very large box jutting out of the side of another beautiful castle/manor exterior, so I think it's fair to say, "I'm going to wait until we start seeing what their plan is."

That's not the same thing as assuming they won't hide it, either.
It’s fair to be worried about some things however it can come across as if Universal is not investing billions of dollars into this project.

I think they can see what needs to be done and are gonna make sure it looks good at opening .

Throughout the park it looks like you'll be unknowingly changing elevation or elements will be places higher than you blocking views to other areas. There's still a lot of construction equipment around taking up space for obvious reasons; as more of that is moved out it'll be replaced with more greenery and scenery. I think it's also really hard to tell just how much distance there is between things right now but nothing looks cramped.

The sight line work done with VC is amazing to both be present but not intrusive.

I may have missed discussion elsewhere but speaking of dueling coasters, what's going on at the entrance of Starfall? Did they decide to not go with the original design? It looks like it's been tiled over with some generic design or is it some part of the construction process?

Dec 18:

Jan 28:

Reactions: Suchomimus
Throughout the park it looks like you'll be unknowingly changing elevation or elements will be places higher than you blocking views to other areas. There's still a lot of construction equipment around taking up space for obvious reasons; as more of that is moved out it'll be replaced with more greenery and scenery. I think it's also really hard to tell just how much distance there is between things right now but nothing looks cramped.

The sight line work done with VC is amazing to both be present but not intrusive.

I may have missed discussion elsewhere but speaking of dueling coasters, what's going on at the entrance of Starfall? Did they decide to not go with the original design? It looks like it's been tiled over with some generic design or is it some part of the construction process?

Dec 18:

Jan 28:

Looks like protective tiles to me.

EDIT:

That’s what Bio is saying also

Monsters land has A LOT of trees in the plan that haven't gone in yes. As does the site on the whole.

I can't remember if there show building east wall is due to be painted up in the old brick look on not but either way maybe this old tweet of mine might help how things don't have to be all that much taller than a person if they're close enough (trees next to it each path) it blocks a lot on stuff much taller than this (42ft/12metre high) building.

I think it's worth remembering that the expansion pad they built FJ was never intended specifically for that ride and some comprimises needed to happen where as this entire land has been built and designed around this specific show building.

Shew. Didn't mean to kick up a firestorm but should have known :lmao: Thanks for all the input. I too assume that much thought has been put into all of this by people much smarter than I.However, when I play Rollercoaster tycoon or Planet Coaster, I'm the guy who surrounds everything with trees and rockwork. Spared no expense...