Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd be shocked if they did that - AP holders are a chunk of business and the last thing Universal wants to do is piss them off. They've not blocked them from IOA or VB after opening. What they want is good word of mouth and the long time AP holders are your best advertisement.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
The current entrance arch will look nothing like the concept art. It is a mix of the land portal style with an armillary extending above it into the sky like a beacon and goddess statues on its left and right, with ironwork gates to its sides

I was going to reply but couldn't find the words, I was even contemplating making a crude sketch but you described it perfectly.

Edit: Thought I'd give it a go anyway.
IMG_7461.JPG

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if they did that - AP holders are a chunk of business and the last thing Universal wants to do is piss them off. They've not blocked them from IOA or VB after opening. What they want is good word of mouth and the long time AP holders are your best advertisement.
I think I'm missing something. How can you block and piss off AP holders when they don't exist yet for Epic Universe? Maybe they just don't sell annual passes that include EU until 6 months after opening?

Reactions: gator
I think I'm missing something. How can you block and piss off AP holders when they don't exist yet for Epic Universe? Maybe they just don't sell annual passes that include EU until 6 months after opening?
They're not going to be pissing off APs by letting them be the first folks into the park prior to a June opening, so then by opening day they've had their fill, if they still wanna turn up day one for social media clout (like everyone does for ANY opening in Orlando) they can buy a ticket along with everyone else, then new upgraded APs including EU can go on sale at the end of August/start of September when all the kids go back to school. No one is losing out on anything

They can block it out if the annual pass doesn't include Epic-- current passes only say they are valid for the current parks. When we're a year out from opening we'll know for sure if they offer a 3/4 park pass, or if they just keep the current passes and offer some kind of discounts for passholder to go to Epic. There's a chance that they just raise prices and include Epic, or they wait until they see how the park handles crowds first and offer Epic as an add on for an additional fee. If all the passholders go to Epic and not the other parks, it could be a HUGE problem. We might even see something like the single night HHN ticket offered for top tier passholders to go to Epic once with their pass, at least to start.

I agree they can say you need to pay more to add park, I do expect that. I just don't see them saying "Sorry we are not selling APs for new park". Especially during softs when they need people to come and test everything out. I also don't see Uni who is more AP friendly than Disney saying, sorry AP, you get nothing. It isn't their MO. They will for sure offer something. Whether they charge more, we will see. Especially their top tier passes, they don't want to anger APs too much.

I could see like some are suggesting you get 2 months and then not the first 3 and upgrades start in September. But I don't forsee a scenerio where APs don't get access to the park at all until September.

Last edited:
The rumor is they will not sell APs that include Epic Universe at first.

When the time comes for Epic Universe AP previews before the park grand opens I’m sure anyone with the appropriate 2 or 3-park passes would be able to experience a preview. Those are the passes you can buy now.

They would not be not blocking AP passes. They would just not sell them for Epic Universe to start, again, according to a rumor.

If you’d want to visit beyond the AP previews but before you can upgrade/purchase an AP that includes Epic Universe, you’d probably have to purchase a day ticket. That’s the rumor.

That's cool and eye-catching but it still looks taller than what's there now.
There’s more to come. They’ve been working on those concrete forms/arches around the entrance for the last year. Looks like the last portion to be finished will be the central portion above the portal.

Reactions: Ahmanet

When the time comes for Epic Universe AP previews before the park grand opens I’m sure anyone with the appropriate 2 or 3-park passes would be able to experience a preview. Those are the passes you can buy now.

They would not be not blocking AP passes. They would just not sell them for Epic Universe to start, again, according to a rumor.

If you’d want to visit beyond the AP previews but before you can upgrade/purchase an AP that includes Epic Universe, you’d probably have to purchase a day ticket. That’s the rumor.
I would be curious how long they do this. The only reason I am keeping my pass past my 15 months is for Epic. So if after preview I can't get Epic, then I would drop the pass if the waiting period is more than a month or two. Wonder how many would be like me and if they see a dip in AP. And if I drop I plan to pick up Disney and won't be back for a couple years as I rotate thru the parks. I know more and more people with kids my age that are now rotating thru passes instead of holding more than one at a time.

I would be OK for a couple months, but they need to offer an upgrade to your current AP quickly when school is back in session.

Also, I hope if they do this, we get more than one day of preview. That is is a lot during the soft openings.

Not against the idea entirely... I just want them to be fully transparent with people on this far in advance if they choose this path.

Also, summer has been on a downturn lately with attendance declines, with "slower" months of the year now being much busier than before... so I wonder if Universal is looking at those trends to determine if this is even a good idea, to begin with by blocking APs for the first few months. Disneyland learned the hard way.

Summer is miserable, and word has gone out that it's not the best season to visit Orlando.

I would be curious how long they do this. The only reason I am keeping my pass past my 15 months is for Epic. So if after preview I can't get Epic, then I would drop the pass if the waiting period is more than a month or two. Wonder how many would be like me and if they see a dip in AP. And if I drop I plan to pick up Disney and won't be back for a couple years as I rotate thru the parks. I know more and more people with kids my age that are now rotating thru passes instead of holding more than one at a time.

I would be OK for a couple months, but they need to offer an upgrade to your current AP quickly when school is back in session.

Also, I hope if they do this, we get more than one day of preview. That is is a lot during the soft openings.
I would hope no more than a few months. But if they see they’re not reaching capacity after a few weeks maybe they’d offer APs sooner.

Reactions: TylerG and GA-MBIT
It's much easier to give it or offer it after the fact, than to give it or offer it, find the park is overwhelmed and have to try and take it away.
I agree. As I stated as long as they give AP lots of time in soft openings to enjoy it I think most AP holders would be fine with a block over summer. But if it goes longer than that I can see it being an issue or if they give you a single day. I want a couple days in the park as there will be so much to do and see.

Should be interesting.

I agree. As I stated as long as they give AP lots of time in soft openings to enjoy it I think most AP holders would be fine with a block over summer. But if it goes longer than that I can see it being an issue or if they give you a single day. I want a couple days in the park as there will be so much to do and see.

Should be interesting.
Anyone who REALLY wants to go will buy a ticket if they don't get it on their pass. That's why I think that if they don't sell passes, they'll offer passholder discounts on tickets. They know we'll all do whatever it takes to get there.

Anyone who REALLY wants to go will buy a ticket if they don't get it on their pass. That's why I think that if they don't sell passes, they'll offer passholder discounts on tickets. They know we'll all do whatever it takes to get there.
That is exactly what Disney was thinking when they blocked out most APs at Disneyland for Star Wars Land... and APs waited the 3 months. They regretted that move.

That is exactly what Disney was thinking when they blocked out most APs at Disneyland for Star Wars Land... and APs waited the 3 months. They regretted that move.
I think Disney has a tendency to take too long to react when changes can be made to adapt to actual situations on the ground. No reason they couldn’t have updated blockout dates when they saw they weren’t needed.