Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder what the average person thinks when they see this theme park rising literally overnight and then looks at Disney and sees them taking 5 years to open one coaster? I know that there are a lot of things at play here but it is fascinating to see the difference.....whatever the reasons.

I wonder what the average person thinks when they see this theme park rising literally overnight and then looks at Disney and sees them taking 5 years to open one coaster? I know that there are a lot of things at play here but it is fascinating to see the difference.....whatever the reasons.

I don't think many know of the park or its construction status. Disney loyalists will always excuse anything Disney does and find fault with Universal.

I don't think many know of the park or its construction status. Disney loyalists will always excuse anything Disney does and find fault with Universal.

Im assuming most people passing by will know what’s happening. If I go past a big construction project all the time, I’m going to at least be vaguely intrigued.

I get the impression that Orlando is split into people who love theme parks or hate theme parks.

So much on social media about this....word is rapidly spreading. Most people have Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.....there is plenty on all 3.

I feel like you know even if you have any presence in the theme park community. Almost every Disney news vlog mentions it as a point of comparison, including the most popular ones like DSNY and Mickey Views. Alicia's construction updates sometimes get 100s of thousands of views. People more ambiently engaged at the very least know that Mario is intended for Orlando. Even Offhand Disney talks about it, despite knowing almost nothing about Universal.

So I talked to one of my Oceaneering guys (Oceaneering built the Scoops for Spider-Man/Transformers), and I mentioned how excited I was to see what they do with the Scoop in the Potter ride. He was surprised and said that Oceaneering is not building a Scoop ride system for Potter. As a matter of fact the only Epic contract that Oceaneering was awarded is for a high tech moving stage for the Potter stage show. He said if Universal is using a Scoop knock off it is most likely being built by Intamin.

So I talked to one of my Oceaneering guys (Oceaneering built the Scoops for Spider-Man/Transformers), and I mentioned how excited I was to see what they do with the Scoop in the Potter ride. He was surprised and said that Oceaneering is not building a Scoop ride system for Potter. As a matter of fact the only Epic contract that Oceaneering was awarded is for a high tech moving stage for the Potter stage show. He said if Universal is using a Scoop knock off it is most likely being built by Intamin.

It was always a scoop like, not actually a scoop. There's a LOT of differences between these rides vehicles and the Scoop.... especially in Japan.

Thought this meant they were working on the puzzle theater, but you said moving stage not moving seats.

Thought this meant they were working on the puzzle theater, but you said moving stage not moving seats.
Yeah, I went there too and then remembered the theater layout is like a regular theater and was like (engage listening skills), stage not seats. None the less moving stage is also...interesting.

Last edited:
Imagine a next level stage show. Taking Bourne but going as much 360 as possible (I understand you have to have entrances and exits) and going the planetarium route and utilizing the ceiling as part of the screen. This would mean you would have to rotate the audience seats as well as the stage. Unfortunately the major draw back to this is that Bourne utilizes the sides of the stage to bring in set pieces. If you go 360 you would need sections every so often. Also hiding the audio equipment would be tough,