Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How are they separating the dueling coasters and HTTYD land visually? They seem so close to each other.

Rockwork wall at back of play area for Dragons, themed stands behind Sky Fly rides, and berms at the back of Dragon coaster load/first launch... I don't think you'll be able to see the hub coaster from within Dragons, but the view from the back half of the hub coaster will be interesting. Probably a lot like Dueling Dragons, where you get a view of backstage stuff, parking lot, etc.

EDIT: The dragons coaster literally goes into tunnels beneath the rockwork and the stands at the back of the land, so you wont be able to see outside of dragons from the second half of the dragon coaster where it gets closest to the hub coaster for sure!

Rockwork wall at back of play area for Dragons, themed stands behind Sky Fly rides, and berms at the back of Dragon coaster load/first launch... I don't think you'll be able to see the hub coaster from within Dragons, but the view from the back half of the hub coaster will be interesting. Probably a lot like Dueling Dragons, where you get a view of backstage stuff, parking lot, etc.

EDIT: The dragons coaster literally goes into tunnels beneath the rockwork and the stands at the back of the land, so you wont be able to see outside of dragons from the second half of the dragon coaster where it gets closest to the hub coaster for sure!
Put animatronics in the tunnels cowards!!!

PLEASE!

There are patents for "dragon tails" and I want to believe it is for this land.
One thing that I’m really appreciating about EU is that it feels like Universal creative took the “they just do screens” criticism to heart and have gone out of their way to make sure that animatronics vastly outnumber screens throughout the park.

Reactions: HHNObsession
I didn't realize how much bigger our version of SNW is. Jesus. I kinda wonder if we might see a smaller version of Hollywood's Yoshi forest indoors somewhere turned into a power band challenge.
I think that might be unique to Hollywood’s version. But we will certainly have our own little neat additions found no where else just because of all the extra space.

Reactions: tielo
SNW has interactive stuff, Monsters had some but not sure if it was cut for the coaster or moved, Potter has interactive stuff, and HTTYD is ?????. That would make a lot of sense.

I’ve been thinking about HTTYD a lot the past two days because of aerials. It’s wild that we’re moving into structural design framework in the other three lands, and Dragons has barely gone vertical. I would love to know why that is. (I’m sure there’s a good reason, I’m just fascinated by the process.)

Reactions: anihilnation
There was a period where I thought that the building you enter after the water section of the HTTYD coaster might have a drop track because there was a weird anomaly in the permit where the track splits. The only other area where this happened was on the switch tracks.

Looking at the latest aerials, the footers don't seem to allow for it but it was a fun idea, especially with the idea of a dragon animatronic and the track bouncing up and down to give the impression of a dragon taking off and the feel of the wings.