Universal's Crowding | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Crowding

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also until a certain someone came in and started being confrontational…seems like a common theme with him

I came in, gave the info I had.

If that's confrontational, sorry not sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I don't think any of us are "worried" about any of this. And if anyone is, I'm slightly worried for them. I mean, after all, we're talking about theme parks of all things here. :lol:

:rolleyes:

You know what I mean.

You can basically do everything you want to in a day as long as you know what you are doing. What they need to retain people is a third gate and a solid nightime show in each park. I a third gate would make it so there is just enough that i5 would take more than a day even if you were rushing through. 95% of the time I just go up for the day. A third gate would prolly get me to spend a night 50% of the time. I feel like they have to have big stuff planed. With the Waterpark and 5th hotel they will need a new park to fit all these people.

Half Day Park and Full day park are subjective. IoA can be a full day park if I'm not rushing from ride to ride but stopping and taking pictures with friends, eating, stopping in the shops etc. Same with Animal kingdom.

Why would Universal want to retain people in the parks when they could be spending money in Citywalk???? I know Universal only gets a cut of the money from those stores but thats still money in their pockets.

Secondly, as I am not from Orlando but nearly everytime I visited, Hogsmeade was rented out for a night event. Clearing people out in the evening for someone renting the park = mass money for Comcast/Universal.

Half Day Park and Full day park are subjective. IoA can be a full day park if I'm not rushing from ride to ride but stopping and taking pictures with friends, eating, stopping in the shops etc. Same with Animal kingdom.

Why would Universal want to retain people in the parks when they could be spending money in Citywalk???? I know Universal only gets a cut of the money from those stores but thats still money in their pockets.

Secondly, as I am not from Orlando but nearly everytime I visited, Hogsmeade was rented out for a night event. Clearing people out in the evening for someone renting the park = mass money for Comcast/Universal.
The problem with IOA is the whole the whole northwest portion of the park is water rides (for now until Kong). Plus Dr. Doom, Hippogriff and Hulk are all outside, so on a rainy day, (which let's face it, there's a lot of those in Orlando) the amount of things to do in the park diminishes big time.

You are right, any park can be a full day park depending on your touring style. Personally DAK is a park I love spending as much time as possible in, but that's because I do pretty much everything. If someone were to just do a "highlights version" of DAK, they could get in and out in a few hours.

Let's be real. Studios is a full day park - there are 12 rides (counting Express) and 9 shows (counting Blues Brothers & Potter offerings as 1), plus a parade, a nighttime show, the play areas, exhibits, and now general Diagon Alley ambiance. For a first timer who rides 80% of what's available and deals with moderate lines, this will absolutely fill up a full day.

As for Islands, I'm of the opinion it's a half day park. True, it technically has more rides than the Studios (17 if you include Pteranadon, Dragons as 2, and Express), but several of those rides are "midway" short experiences (Storm, Doom, Fearfall, Caroseussel, One Fish Two Fish, Hippogriff, Pteranadon), moreso than the Studios (Nuthouse and Twirl & Hurl). Islands also really only has 3 shows (counting Potter offerings as 1). In general, the attractions at the Studios are longer - Disaster alone takes 25 minutes to complete once the experience begins. All it takes is some nasty/cold weather or an aversion to getting soaked to cripple Islands' overall offerings - and with no parade or nighttime show, there's nothing really to incentivize tourists to stay in this park longer. It's a half day, at best, really, assuming moderate lines.

Kong will help but it won't fix the problem. Islands really desperately needs a nighttime show and if possible some sort of daytime lagoon entertainment as well to keep guests in the park longer. More new experiences, like small Jurassic Park expansions or a new ride in Seuss (or even better, a show in the long dormant Toon Lagoon theater) will help flesh out a day. But as Skip has pointed out, Universal hasn't made moves in the way of nighttime (or daytime) entertainment over here just yet - I'll bet they figure Hogwartz and to a lesser extent Marvel/the coasters are carrying Islands for now (and they may be right). But I think as the resort continues to evolve, they're going to really need to address these problems.

I agree with most everything you said there Fallow, however, I think Comcast sitting back and being happy that IOA is doing well NOW because of Potter is shortsighted and lazy. It's akin to WDW not doing much the past decade because they had no competition for so long.

Sure IOA is doing great now because of Potter and Kong will help, but if they don't add a nighttime show/parade/other distractions and shows, then they will find themselves scrambling to do all of these things once they realize the park isn't performing as well. They need to react sooner than later to get IOA at USFs level.

I am not sure what some of you are arguing about. Comcast is/has been building stuff and has a ton of projects queued waiting to be greenlit. To say Comcast is "sitting back" is flat out laughable because it is patently untrue.

USF is a full day park, easily. I'd even say DHS is a full day park for a first-timer. But the shows have mostly no replay value so for repeat visits, it ends up being truly a half-day park with the handful of rides there.

I am not sure what some of you are arguing about. Comcast is/has been building stuff and has a ton of projects queued waiting to be greenlit. To say Comcast is "sitting back" is flat out laughable because it is patently untrue.
As far as IOA goes, it's not completely unfair. Once Kong is done in 2016, Kong, Forbidden Journey and the High in the sky trolley will be the only rides added to the park in 16-17 years. And still no parade/nighttime show (not really the best park for a parade so I won't fault them there) and the Toon Lagoon Theater is still empty.

USF has received a ton of love and it shows, but IOA has been stagnant for awhile now.

Perhaps to theme park geeks, but the hundreds of thousands that visited for the first time in the past week would likely disagree.
Hey, obviously the park is pulling great numbers, i'm not denying that.

But what i'm talking about isn't about attendance, it's about MAINTAINING and IMPROVING upon that attendance by adding attractions to help fill out a day in the park. Attractions that don't involve water and more actual live entertainment specifically.

Hey, obviously the park is pulling great numbers, i'm not denying that.

But what i'm talking about isn't about attendance, it's about MAINTAINING and IMPROVING upon that attendance by adding attractions to help fill out a day in the park. Attractions that don't involve water and more actual live entertainment specifically.

Well give them time dude! They aren't going to drop 1 billion on IOA in one year!

The Magic Kingdom is hitting capacity multiple times a day, with the other parks getting pretty close. And the week leading up to Christmas was busy beyond all hell there as well. What trend do you mean?

All I was saying is that on his website he was speaking of the trend of many people starting to visit at different times of the year other than summer, which in turn is making the summer crowds not as bad as they were 3 or 4 years ago. It was not meant as a dig on Disney, and it was follow up to the earlier comment that someone had mentioned about this is where the summer crowds must have went.

Well give them time dude! They aren't going to drop 1 billion on IOA in one year!
I get that, but I feel like there should have been at least ONE major addition to IOA between 2011-2014 (other than HE obviously). If someone went in 2010 when WWoHP first opened and then they went last year when DA opened, they likely noticed a HUGE improvement in the quality of USF, but IOA is still almost exactly the same with the exception of Hogsmeade Station.

I'm sure all of this will be addressed in the coming years, I don't mean to come off as if i'm complaining. I just mean IOA could use a good 3-4 year period of growth like USF just saw and at that point I think both parks would be great parks and likely take a day or two to experience each.

Hopefully by that time Uni will actually celebrate NYE in-park as well as in CityWalk. Is the CityWalk event honestly even worth $125? I didn't feel like they were offering much more than what Epcot would give me as far as entertainment and i've never seen anything beat Epcot on NYE in Orlando. The place is always packed by i'll be damned if they don't throw one hell of a party. They were playing songs I never thought i'd hear in a Disney park tonight, explicit versions and all.