Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
535b89df-8a64-4aa1-bb8e-3de31258e963_text.gif

I know we're not supposed to keep harping on the cuts, the late openings, the attractions operating in subpar fashion, and the like... but this is not good stuff.
Just wanted to clarify that it was more about needing another thread about it and treating each topic as an isolated discussion...

But it does seem now that Entertainment is taking the hit lately.

Just wanted to clarify that it was more about needing another thread about it and treating each topic as an isolated discussion...

But it does seem now that Entertainment is taking the hit lately.

I truly hope this isn’t true. But it does seem to be the trend, sadly.

I hope cooler heads prevail, as this feels like some very shortsighted decision making.

The goal of expansion is to cut into the pie more, and extend vacation days at Universal, they need all the parks shining and firing on all cylinders, and if the other parks have been cut down, guests will notice.

Do we even know if this is true?

Technically, we don't. I'm not a fan of the source, but it does seem like a possibility.

The goal of expansion is to cut into the pie more, and extend vacation days at Universal, they need all the parks shining and firing on all cylinders, and if the other parks have been cut down, guests will notice.
The thing is - they are doing that.

Technically, we don't. I'm not a fan of the source, but it does seem like a possibility.

The thing is - they are doing that.

Well the jury is still out if they maintain whatever gains they may get. If the other parks are seen as lacking by the new guests they bring in, do they convert to return visits? What is the word of mouth for the resort as a whole?

All this is big picture stuff of course, but it’s what I would be thinking about if I was them.

But perhaps it’s a bad year, and they boost everything back up in 2025.

Well the jury is still out if they maintain whatever gains they may get. If the other parks are seen as lacking by the new guests they bring in, do they convert to return visits? What is the word of mouth for the resort as a whole?

All this is big picture stuff of course, but it’s what I would be thinking about if I was them.

But perhaps it’s a bad year, and they boost everything back up in 2025.
Honestly tough to answer as we're seeing it with "expert" eyes. Who knows what the common guests sees. They'd probably have no clue about the Cabbie, for example. I recently had in-laws visit USF for a day and absolutely loved their visit. Granted, that's anecdotal - but I'd wager there's a lot more of that thought process.

From the nerd side - I look it at as a scale. As much as some of the changes don't sit right with me, they're also heavily investing. Each person is going to weigh that scale differently, though.

I'm giving them until 2025.

If we're in springtime of 2025, and lands at USF still open late, cut entertainment has not been restored/replaced, Skull Island is still sans outdoor section and 3D, River Adventure is still missing functioning dinosaurs, and so on, I will be extraordinarily unimpressed.

Epic Universe should not be an excuse for extended belt-tightening at that level.

I'm giving them until 2025.

If we're in springtime of 2025, and lands at USF still open late, cut entertainment has not been restored/replaced, Skull Island is still sans outdoor section and 3D, River Adventure is still missing functioning dinosaurs, and so on, I will be extraordinarily unimpressed.

Epic Universe should not be an excuse for extended belt-tightening at that level.
I believe that rip ride will also be closing next year for a fast and furious intamin controlled spin coaster,,

I believe that rip ride will also be closing next year for a fast and furious intamin controlled spin coaster,,
1. Does USF really need two F&F rides?
2. I don't believe such an attraction would further justify continuing the conditions I outlined in my quoted post.
3. What's it going to take for USF to ever get a new (non-screen-heavy) dark ride?

Reactions: saint.piss
Lots of info there. @Tomfoolery is 100% accurate so far, so I'm not doubting any of that. Little doubt that he's a mid to high level Exec., a few steps above an insider. My only question has been whether these info releases are blessed by top management, kind of like what Disney used to do in the past through social media. Bottom line though, is a big positive, since these info releases clears up any misunderstandings.

1. Does USF really need two F&F rides?
2. I don't believe such an attraction would further justify continuing the conditions I outlined in my quoted post.
3. What's it going to take for USF to ever get a new (non-screen-heavy) dark ride?
1711759266288.png

I'm not surprised, but that's -- purely personally -- severely underwhelming if that's all of substance that comes to pass at USF within the next six years.
I mean, Pokémon is likely 2 Diagon Alley’s level of an addition possibly. If not at least same level. A more popular coaster that’s same as Velicoaster and Starfall Racers will really improve the park lineup. Add in Dreamworks and new nighttime show and parade? I’m satisfied.

No, it’s not perfect but they have 3 theme parks to now work on so they can get a few big expansions and build from there. It also means MIB is super safe id assume.