Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hopefully this means the F&F IP gets the justice it deserves for theme park representation at UOR and hopefully one step closer to Supercharged getting sent to the theme park in the sky for good. As for the type of coaster Tomfoolery mentioned here it is:

Wouldn’t it just be the same type of model that USH is getting? Unless there are some pretty big modifications those types of coasters have horrible capacity.

I mean, Pokémon is likely 2 Diagon Alley’s level of an addition possibly.
I think that's assuming quite a bit!
A more popular coaster that’s same as Velicoaster and Starfall Racers will really improve the park lineup. Add in Dreamworks and new nighttime show and parade? I’m satisfied
Again, I’m talking personal desire, here. If they build a coaster that’s on the level of VelociCoaster or Starfall Racers, that’s great for the coaster fans (and getting HRRR out of the park for basically anything else would be a net benefit to the park overall), but it also means I’m probably never going to ride it. And it also would mean F&F would be over-represented (assuming Supercharged isn't going anywhere anytime soon, which is what has been indicated).

DreamWorks will be nice for its intended audience (which I am evidently not part of). The new nighttime show and parade are very welcome, I am happy both are happening, but I see those as restoring entertainment that should always be present in a theme park resort.

I would never make the argument that nothing is happening (or has been happening) in USF, but it's been a long time since anything substantial has been rumored -- much less actually built* -- that got me truly excited for the park again.

Now, that's all my subjective take on the park. Where that intersects with my objective analysis of the park's offerings is in the conviction that what would benefit the park the most (from an attraction menu perspective) is the very thing we never hear rumored for it: an all-ages, slow-moving, AA and set-filled dark ride.

* I like The Bourne Stuntacular a lot.

Info makes sense. I'd guess each individual park will get a fairly significant new attraction once ever three years. Six years nets Pokemon and a F&F coaster. I think it's probable that the Pokemon addition will be a major new land, and of course, replacing Springfield. Well, that kind of takes the fan drama out of USF until the next decade. Wake me up in 2031. Snooze set.

Last edited:
Depending on the form Pokemon takes for USF maybe it will be somewhat close enough to something like Pets.
Pretty sure we're just going to get a clone of whatever Japan's getting, which is rumored to still utilize a form of the Scoop ride system and also be an AR attraction like Mario Kart in Super Nintendo World. So basically the opposite of Pets

Seems like an absolute win to me. Basically would be two birds, one stone-ing the HRRR/Supercharged issues. I don’t see a world where F&F coaster is built and Supercharged isn’t axed shortly after. Throw in Pokémon replacing Springfield, a new dark ride in Supercharged’s place, fill up FFL, and we’ve got a stew cooking.

Pretty sure we're just going to get a clone of whatever Japan's getting, which is rumored to still utilize a form of the Scoop ride system and also be an AR attraction like Mario Kart in Super Nintendo World. So basically the opposite of Pets
IIRC, the SCOOPs are being ditched for MK/MIB like vehicles. If what they are getting in USJ is what is being ported over to replace Simpsons, this makes me wonder if down the MIB will be removed for some other ride or maybe land replacement lumped in with FFL.

I reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised (both by what Japan's getting and what USF ultimately gets), but early rumors are basically diametrically opposed to what I'd be interested in seeing.

Let's hope there's a lot more to it.
Seems like an absolute win to me. Basically would be two birds, one stone-ing the HRRR/Supercharged issues. I don’t see a world where F&F coaster is built and Supercharged isn’t axed shortly after. Throw in Pokémon replacing Springfield, a new dark ride in Supercharged’s place, fill up FFL, and we’ve got a stew cooking.
I mean... yeah, if we were getting all of that, it would be great.

Reactions: saint.piss
So many moving pieces at the moment... would Universal wait to close Simpsons until Rockit is replaced to prevent a significant impact on capacity?

2025 - Rockit Closes
2026 - Rockit Replacement, Simpsons Closure, F&F Closure
2027 - F&F Retheme
2028 - Simpsons Replacement (aka Pokemon)

I think USF is equipped to handle the closure of both attractions, but it'll be interesting what happens.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
So many moving pieces at the moment... would Universal wait to close Simpsons until Rockit is replaced to prevent a significant impact on capacity?

2025 - Rockit Closes
2026 - Rockit Replacement, Simpsons Closure, F&F Closure
2027 - F&F Retheme
2028 - Simpsons Replacement (aka Pokemon)

I think USF is equipped to handle the closure of both attractions, but it'll be interesting what happens.
Wouldn’t be the first time they’ve had multiple projects going on at once. If true, they'll have the beauty of EU to help this time around.