Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida New Nighttime Show (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Quick update from yesterday. The water levels look pretty low. No fountains yet that I could tell.

Judging from the last lagoon show construction cycle my guess is the same summer 2024.

I’m looking forward to a show returning to the lagoon soon.

Attachments

• IMG_5916.jpeg
    IMG_5916.jpeg
    706.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5913.jpeg
    IMG_5913.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5914.jpeg
    IMG_5914.jpeg
    331.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5915.jpeg
    IMG_5915.jpeg
    712.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
This looks to be essentially the same idea as before. I would assume universal learned the limitations they had with the last show and just decided to rebuild the whole thing to more what they wanted long term. Maybe this equipment is more secured from potential storm damage. I wonder if they could also have refurbished a lot of the same equipment to be reused.

Has there been rumors of what to expect here? I’d assume Nintendo included somehow. I think drones were once rumored too.

Tomorrow's March and still nothing on a Nighttime Spectacular.....

Is USF still planning one this Summer or are they too busy on other things?
They were working on projectors last week, so I'd imagine it's still on for this year.

DreamWorks + Nighttime Show + Parade is a strong promo to run to convince everyone that Universal is also for families.

Not announcing yet fits Universal's M.O. I wouldn't read too much into it yet since work is still actively happening. I was shocked they gave us the Dreamworks Land info already tbh.
Just for reference, Universal officially announced Cinematic Celebration in June 2018 and it debuted in July 2018 with media being given a show without fireworks (which unfortunately led to some criticism early on and not that many great reviews).

I understand that there are practical reasons why they delay announcements until their certain, but I'd hate to see this show not get the crowds it deserves due to a lack of promotion. Hopefully they run it more consistently day to day.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Mad Dog
Just for reference, Universal officially announced Cinematic Celebration in June 2018 and it debuted in July 2018 with media being given a show without fireworks (which unfortunately led to some criticism early on and not that many great reviews).

I understand that there are practical reasons why they delay announcements until their certain, but I'd hate to see this show not get the crowds it deserves due to a lack of promotion. Hopefully they run it more consistently day to day.
Didn't Universal tell us CineCele was actively testing until Fireworks came?

This is just a test right? And they are going to realize it doesn’t work and they need to do a better job?