Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Plaza

Here's one I took Friday night.

Park%20Details_031315_3.jpg

I like that they've "Fast-and-Furious-ized" the plaza to create hype for the new animation. This would explain why we haven't seen the Universal Plaza stage return with CityBeat and the All Access Band.

I actually liked CityBeat. Not a big fan of the All Access Band (sorry!). A couple of the beatboxers from the CityBeat group were also part of the Who-liday Singers group during Grinchmas '13 and '14.

I'm curious to see how long they keep the cars on display within the Universal Plaza... because its a nice dual-advertisement for Furious 7 and the new Studio Tour attraction. I'm sure the cars will remain on display for at least a week or two after Furious 7 is released, but will they go away after that?... If they do, will they make a brief return for the Supercharged debut in the summer? Or will we see some other set-up for the debut?

How long was the KONG figure on display when KONG 360 debuted? I didn't really keep track of that, but it made me miss our old KONG photo-op when we still had KONGfrontation at UNI Orlando..

Pink's in Universal Plaza is now listed as "Plaza Grill" on the new maps. Interesting change, as there's currently no sign of Pink's leaving.

Also, the snack shop next to the Universal Plaza tower is now dubbed "Tower Snack Shop".

Hmmm! That's interesting! Maybe they're planning on getting rid of it now that Springfield will have that small Hot Dog location, and Krusty's will feature a hot dog item as well? I wouldn't be too sad. Ever since they got rid of the unique Hot Dogs last year, it's been less tempting and too generic.

Plus.....Pink's kitchen is MASSIVE. Too big, in my opinion, for the rather simple menu. It'd be nice to see some updates.

Or maybe they're just changing the name due to Pink's backing out or something? Seems too random of a "mistake" to be incorrect on the map.

Hmmm! That's interesting! Maybe they're planning on getting rid of it now that Springfield will have that small Hot Dog location, and Krusty's will feature a hot dog item as well? I wouldn't be too sad. Ever since they got rid of the unique Hot Dogs last year, it's been less tempting and too generic.

Plus.....Pink's kitchen is MASSIVE. Too big, in my opinion, for the rather simple menu. It'd be nice to see some updates.

Or maybe they're just changing the name due to Pink's backing out or something? Seems too random of a "mistake" to be incorrect on the map.
From what i heard, Pink's is backing out because Universal had added a few items to menu in which they didn't approve of. Sounds odd but that's what a little birdie told me... I may have misheard as well :p

Wouldn't be surprised. I mean, I don't think the original Pink's sells Turkey Legs and some of the other generic stuff haha.

Either way, I was very disappointed that some of the unique items were taken away last year and it became watered down.