Universal Plaza | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Plaza

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I hope they do with that is probably have some vines growing up there to finally give us some shade. it'll also look nice with more greenery around the area. so far based on the pictures the plaza looks pretty bare, I'll be going today to see for myself.
Definitely. Right now the area is looking a little stark because it just opened. With some time (for the shade trees to develop) and some adjustments (adding tables/benches/umbrellas) the area should have a lot of charm and character.

Reactions: Jon Fu
What I hope they do with that is probably have some vines growing up there to finally give us some shade. it'll also look nice with more greenery around the area. so far based on the pictures the plaza looks pretty bare, I'll be going today to see for myself.
OBSESSED with that idea! USH needs more nature and green space inside the park. There's barely any of it outside of Jurassic Park. More landscape is a huge plus in my book, for both beauty and shade and place making. That's something Disney excells in.

But yeah, I hope they add the vines, more tables and umbrellas and covered seating, and obviously the palm trees still need to be opened up.

I love those fountains at night! what they could probably do with it is sync the fountains to some of Universals most iconic movie themes...picture this

the whole plaza goes dark. the fountains begin to dance in sync with the theme of Back to the Future. This could be there first nightime show. granted it shouldn't be marketed as a huge deal, with a show schedule but its like one of those little things you find while visiting the park. one moment your strolling through the plaza. you notice the lights begin to dim and music plays while the fountains dance to it.

Reactions: Jon Fu
I love those fountains at night! what they could probably do with it is sync the fountains to some of Universals most iconic movie themes...picture this

the whole plaza goes dark. the fountains begin to dance in sync with the theme of Back to the Future. This could be there first nightime show. granted it shouldn't be marketed as a huge deal, with a show schedule but its like one of those little things you find while visiting the park. one moment your strolling through the plaza. you notice the lights begin to dim and music plays while the fountains dance to it.
I really love this idea. Had similar thoughts when I saw the Plaza lit up at night, and it's such a nice small perk.

It'd be World of Color on a miniature scale.

Definitely. Right now the area is looking a little stark because it just opened. With some time (for the shade trees to develop) and some adjustments (adding tables/benches/umbrellas) the area should have a lot of charm and character.
Yup. They've already started adding patio seating and umbrellas around the perimeter. Looks like the plants will grow in quite nicely as the area begins to mature.

Last edited by a moderator:

I definitely had the same thoughts when I visited the Plaza on its first day! While checking out the fountains, there was some surrounding music playing, and for a minute or so, I thought that the fountains were synced to the music, which I then realized was just a coincidence. But I WOULD love to see this. It would be simple and bring a lot to the area.

Disney has something very similar in Disneyland in Pixie Hollow. Every 10 minutes or so at night, the fountains light up and are synced to music and look like a miniature World of Color. Super cute. I'd love that at Universal.

Went today and tables have been added along the perimeter and on the side of the trellis structures. They are white and look very elegant to match the rest of the plaza. Snack bar was also open and serving up the usual theme park fare.

I still wish something more significant was inside the main tower, in the form of a new Universal Experience or something similar, etc. It's amazing for what it is and I love it, but I feel it was kind of a missed opportunity. Yes, I know it's mostly for a proper flex space and crowd control, but I want more :p

Maybe one day when the park expands into the backlot and they no longer need the fountain area to ease crowds, maybe they can enclose the space, attach it to the main Tower, and put an attraction inside? Idk, just dreaming :p