Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another thing how I wonder will play out is ride tech from dark rides at the bigger Universal parks will trickle down into this smaller one. I can see a SLOP or Midway Mania style ride from the main Universal parks (USF and USH) trickle down to this family friendly park but anything bigger I am not so sure.

Reactions: Freak
Volcano Bay starts at $70 adult and $65 child so that feels right.

The hotel could go either way - Premier level pricing for such a small hotel or Endless Summer style value level. I'm intrigued by a full plan.

Knowing that market, it'll likely be a Sapphire Falls level hotel possibly with a club floor. I'd also count on a character breakfast buffet.

I think the flagship dark ride + roller coaster is going to be way smaller than everyone is thinking.

I’m willing to bet that this entire park will cost less than Diagon Alley to construct. Diagon Alley was $250M if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Pacific and Freak
I think the flagship dark ride + roller coaster is going to be way smaller than everyone is thinking.

I’m willing to bet that this entire park will cost less than Diagon Alley to construct. Diagon Alley was $250M if I recall correctly.
Yeah, its gonna be smoll. They have to keep it on the cheaper side so they can charge less and give you an incentive to visit the premiere parks. This park should be a (really excellent) appetizer, not the main course.

Pls dont put a Beijing Jurassic World Adventure E-ticket in a park like this, lmao.

Since this is aiming at the "Regional Park" market, I'm thinking slightly a more upscale Cabana Bay with lots of family suites.
I'm looking over at what Legoland have built down in Winter Haven, but Universal.

53204489.jpg

265525159.jpg

pool-image.jpg

Yeah, its gonna be smoll. They have to keep it on the cheaper side so they can charge less and give you an incentive to visit the premiere parks. This park should be a (really excellent) appetizer, not the main course.

Pls dont put a Beijing Jurassic World Adventure E-ticket in a park like this, lmao.
I think the cost of that ride would be almost the same as the entire park. Lol I think we’ll see some C-ticket level dark rides here. Not quite as elaborate as SLoP but maybe a step above the Fantasyland dark rides.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

Ehh, I think Universal will spend more since they actually own all these IPs and the likelihood is to get kids hooked young into the Universal brand similar to what Paramount/Disney/Warner Bros did using Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network. Paramount parks, Disney World/Disney Quest, and Six Flags were all used as ways to promote shows and get kids to beg their parents to take them to the parks to see their favorite characters.

Interesting enough, even though this a family park...this park likely will get more young adults than expected. Family media/youth based media is being consumed by millenials/gen z at high rates than previous generations meaning more increased budgets.

I expect a Universal Kids park costing about $500 million. That includes expansion land, infra structure etc. It's the same as a blockbuster movie ($250M) and advertising ($250M) but I expect the return on investment being a sure bet.

Universal HHN Experience will be about $200M for the whole thing.

I can see area's where both entertainment option, with added Toothsome and other Citywalk experiences like some restaurants, a cinema and escape rooms can become a whole destination (something Merlin Entertainment also does on I-drive and other locations).
But I also can see separate options. In the Netherlands I can see them work together with for instance Toverland. It's a local theme park that has a lot of space available and their selection of coasters is quite good. Both parks would complement each other and the infrastructure is already there.

People are far more smarter than you are giving them credit for. They google and youtube everything. Who do you think the fans are of the bloggers lol it surely isn't us that keep their bills paid. . .

Not saying people are stupid at all, just that its unfair to market this as equivalent to a "regular" Universal park.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Honestly, what is a regular universal park? All the parks they have made have similar IP's but the layouts are different, the attractions are pretty much different so why cant this one be a "regular" universal park. What would make it an Irregular universal park. Just like they market IOA as a thrill park, market VB as a water theme park and how they market the studios as a park to ride the movies, I have no doubt they will place emphasis on the fact that this park is geared toward kids and toddlers the same way sesame place and legoland does.

Honestly, what is a regular universal park? All the parks they have made have similar IP's but the layouts are different, the attractions are pretty much different so why cant this one be a "regular" universal park. What would make it an Irregular universal park. Just like they market IOA as a thrill park, market VB as a water theme park and how they market the studios as a park to ride the movies, I have no doubt they will place emphasis on the fact that this park is geared toward kids and toddlers the same way sesame place and legoland does.

By regular I meant the park based on movies with thrill rides, dark rides, well-themed dark rides, etc.

Frisco park will be targeted at children without most of what is featured in a regular park, including Harry Potter, which is what they are known most for. I'm not knocking this park at all, just hope Universal doesn't botch the marketing for it and cause confusion ala Escape.

Reactions: Andysol
Of the parks history, harry potter has been apart of it for 10 years or less so it definitely is not what universal parks were built upon. is it popular, yes but not what makes universal Universal. What and who is to say there will by no well themed dark rides as we clearly see large buildings that could house them. Literally every property featured on the bluesky image is based on a movie so really, what are you trying to get at? and for their demographic, i see several thrilling rides that fit the bill. What I don't understand is how we can get on here and make it seem like universal parks always had rides like velocicoaster from their inception so now a new park has to have a potter area and a 200ft coaster. At one point, the most thrilling coaster at studios in orlando was a vekoma roller skater! And that opened 10 years after the park initially opened. Hollywood didn't get a "thrill ride" until 2004.

So again, tell me how this cannot be considered a "regular" universal when it has all the attributes of what a regular universal park opened with but just will be catering to young kids and families?

I am new to this forum, and I will be honest - I joined because I am local to Frisco and wanted to learn more about the perspective of this park from enthusiasts.

The interesting thing here is that in the rendering a couple of posts above, that land directly to the east is approx. 174 acres and it was announced just last week that it was sold to a home builder. I am not sure if that 174 figure includes EVERYTHING to the east of that or just a portion, but it's a large piece of land. The home builder had intent to put about 800 small/townhomes on what was purchased. They indicated they would not start development until 2025, which is interesting given the Universal development and some of the initial timing shared.

The developer of Fields alongside the mayor had a meeting just in early November where they had provided an update on the plans for the development -- the space that Universal purchased was going to be typical mixed-use space (office, retail, some residential). At the time there was no hint of something like Universal coming... but given the renders and what we have seen so far, I would imagine this has been in the works for longer than they've been letting on.

A city council member also shared on FB yesterday after the announcement that a Jurassic World exhibit that Universal did back in 2021 near our area was also a test concept. If I remember, it was there about 6 months or so - summer months through end of the year.

Sorry if this is off topic, just thought you all would find this interesting too.

Last edited:
Of the parks history, harry potter has been apart of it for 10 years or less so it definitely is not what universal parks were built upon. is it popular, yes but not what makes universal Universal. What and who is to say there will by no well themed dark rides as we clearly see large buildings that could house them. Literally every property featured on the bluesky image is based on a movie so really, what are you trying to get at? and for their demographic, i see several thrilling rides that fit the bill. What I don't understand is how we can get on here and make it seem like universal parks always had rides like velocicoaster from their inception so now a new park has to have a potter area and a 200ft coaster. At one point, the most thrilling coaster at studios in orlando was a vekoma roller skater! And that opened 10 years after the park initially opened. Hollywood didn't get a "thrill ride" until 2004.

So again, tell me how this cannot be considered a "regular" universal when it has all the attributes of what a regular universal park opened with but just will be catering to young kids and families?

Ask anyone off the street and they'll mention Potter, Rip Ride Rockit, Mummy, and the Hulk before mentioning any of the "classic Universal" stuff. I'm not trying to write off the park, but it's not the standard theme park experience. Also, the park concept art shown seems to be vastly different than what is actually being planned/shown. (Map in spoiler).

From the concept art and map images released, there's no significant ride-building shown. Again, plans change, but I'm not expecting any major dark rides.

1673536941272.png