Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interested in seeing what terminology they use to distinguish this between the bigger parks. As of right now, most news reports are labeling it simply as a new Universal Studios park.

For now yes, but not once you start selling tickets. Last thing you want is a bunch of people expecting the "traditional" Universal park experience.
They'll probably label it more as an experience than a fully-fledged park and lean into being aimed at young kids.

For now yes, but not once you start selling tickets. Last thing you want is a bunch of people expecting the "traditional" Universal park experience.
People are far more smarter than you are giving them credit for. They google and youtube everything. Who do you think the fans are of the bloggers lol it surely isn't us that keep their bills paid. . .

People are far more smarter than you are giving them credit for. They google and youtube everything. Who do you think the fans are of the bloggers lol it surely isn't us that keep their bills paid. . .
As someone that has worked in the parks, I can assure you there is a large set of people that have no idea where they are or what is even in the park they are standing in.

I think like everyone else said, this was certainly one hell of a surprise. This kind of makes me wonder if they could bring the Beijing Jurassic World ride to the US if this approach is successful enough.

Also, Taking both of these into account:

It's kinda funny how a few days ago, I mentioned in the State of USH thread that a Universal-owned Nintendo park (Maybe even call it "Super Nintendo Park" to separate it from the lands?) was the one pipe dream I had if Universal wanted to do something like that (And nonetheless I'm still super stoked for SNW in Hollywood). Maybe it doesn't seem too crazy now that this new park might be gearing towards Dreamworks. Then again, the only roadblock I'd imagine is the amount of money they'd probably need to operate it so they can pay Nintendo for royalties and stuff.

I might just be thinking too big here, but it'd be nice if we got either thing.
I'd kill for a regional Nintendo park, but I dont know if Comcast would want to shelve out the money for that. And Nintendo is a stupidly picky company, so idk if they'd be able to get away with regional park quality type content.

But really, I'd love that. Like a Mario & Friends area where the characters are hosting the Mushroom Kingdom Anual fair. Each character would host their own elaborate flat ride attraction. I know people tend to hate this kind of cheap stuff, but I like it when it's well done.

I'm the theme park guy in my family and they always call me before heading to the parks to see what the latest tips are. Most people go to the parks have fun and don't think about them much until their next trip.

Heck even I fall behind on the little news many times, I had noooooo idea that Genie Plus gave you photopass until I went to the parks last year.

But if you ask most people in a theme park if they know the best restaurants are most wont know they just eat where ever is closest to them when they get hungry.....look at how many...many people still eat at most of USH and will wait in line for overpriced crap when they could walk out of the park and get much better food at citywalk

I think the whole idea in doing this more kid-focused park in Texas and the HHN Experience in Vegas along with their resorts in Orlando and Hollywood is that you can grow up with Universal. No matter what stage in life you are in, there's an experience for you.

When you're young, the park in Texas will be a great starting point before graduating to either USH or UOR and their parks primarily aimed at the 7+ family market, especially families with teens. Then if you're up for it, HHN is an option at UOR and USH and a potentially/hopefully more mature experience in Vegas will appeal to the 21+ crowd. There's also casual things like Toothsome in Philly and what looks like Colorado, too.

Absolutely genius strategy.

That's pretty much my thoughts on this, it's no-doubt a surprise for me, but when you think about it, doing a smaller regional park geared towards families with kids in a market that's doesn't fully cater to them could be a really lucrative move.

Reactions: Nico
That's pretty much my thoughts on this, it's no-doubt a surprise for me, but when you think about it, doing a smaller regional park geared towards families with kids in a market that's doesn't fully cater to them could be a really lucrative move.
Also, Dallas is pretty much a middle point between USH and UOR and has great weather for operating a theme park.

Decided to rise from the grave since this park will be opening up in my backyard.

All I can say is WOW....Universal again beating Disney to the punch. I expect to see more regional parks like this whether it be Universal or some other operator. Disney could have/should have done this years ago.
Disney opening up something similar would cannibalize from WDW- particularly from an area that is a massive market for on-site hotel guests: North Dallas area (specifically Frisco and other parts of Collin county- wealthiest county in Texas).

UOR as opposed to WDW, simply put, is terrible for under 42". This fills that gap perfectly for them with zero cannibalization in a market that has many many affluent young families with young kids. If anything, this will pull business away from WDW some, while not effecting UOR at all. And again, in an area that has enormous tourism to WDW. It's brilliant.

As for a water park- Maybe. Frisco currently has Hawaiian Falls (one city over- The Colony), which is a decent sized water park already so not sure if they'd feel they'd get their value there based on Hawaiian Fall's pricing which is $45. Although That will be a solid 30 mins from this park, and it's in a less affluent area (Denton county) and closer to 121 and not that "new money" up in Celina/Prosper. So they could charge a premium. It's definitely possible.

Also- The current name of the park is "Universal Kids, Frisco". They said as much at the presentation when the mayor was announcing it.

Last edited:
The Madagascar area seems partially built for that already, maybe they could expand it into a separate ticket down the road, ala Legoland Water Park.
At least to me I don't see Madagascar in this concept art. You must be referring to the now defunct land at USS.