Universal Great Britain | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Leaning towards Stardust being for Epic somehow, and not related to UK project.

Could they be trademarking something for a future expansion to Celestial Park? I could totally see Stardust Racers as like a kid coaster equivalent to Starfall. Maybe not exactly this model because...Skyline.. but the p'sghetti coasters would fit this bill perfectly. The park doesn't have a true kids coaster either (even though Werewolf and Wing Gliders are on the tame side)

Interested if anyone is able to get a closer look at the South site today - looked like a large black container/thing at the southern extent which would be new (just beyond where the diggers used to be penned up). However, a train went by the in the opposite directions so I only got a glimpse. It could be I lost my bearings and it was the large dark building just south of the site I saw.
I filmed the north site today, didn’t really look too hard at the south but didn’t see anything new from a distance. It’s worth noting that universal do not own that lane so anything on there is likely the farm business, I mean anything parked up. Universal probably have an access deal only.

Frustrated Here We Go GIF by Sesame Street

My bad!

Has anyone here got any previous insight into what a "yes we have decided we are building this" announcement usually looks like from Universal? Just wondering how much information they are likely to share if they do confirm in June.

I'd guess it's far, far too early for Universal Creative to have decided on the names of individual attractions which they feel need to be registered as Trademarks for the UK park.
Possibly although I'd take a guess they will already be fleshing out concepts. That way if they need work they have the time.

In the United States, film distributors can’t also be film exhibitors (if I recall correctly).
That was overturned semi recently.

But I also doubt that Universal would really care to operate the complex, so it would most likely be a local chain like they do in Hollywood & Orlando.

The local council, Stewartby and Kempston Hardwick Parish Council, met with Universal last night for a regular meeting regarding the proposed development. The local representatives included Mayor Tom Wootton, and Universal's reps included John McReynolds, Head of External Relations. This is their report of the meeting:

The Parish Council held their 2nd meeting with Universal Executives last
night along with the Mayor and ward Cllr Spice to understand more of the
plans for the upgrading of local infrastructure to cope with the
Universal site. Although the Parish Council are very supportive of the
proposals, it is with an exception that the local infrastructure is
aligned to meet its needs. It is expected that 40% of customers will
arrive by car, the remainder by other forms of public transport.
Highways Engineers (the lead Engineer lives locally, so understands our
roads) are working with Highways England and The Department of Transport
to facilitate a plan that will take traffic effectively into the site
with the creation of a new junction off the A421 directly into the site.
We have asked for further improvements to be made to the junction from
Broadmead Road onto the C94, possibly with the addition of a roundabout.
Further consideration needs to be given to the new location of Stewartby
Station on the new East West Rail line as the newly proposed location is
not well located for students of Kimberely College or local residents.
Bedford Borough Council will need to ensure appropriate parking controls
are in place within the Village to stop those visiting Universal
clogging the streets and preventing parking for residents.
As from the offset, Universal executives have been very engaging and
open to working with local stakeholders. This is most certainly an
amazing opportunity for the local area, but we will continue to work to
ensure the plans allow for the needs of those who live here.

To me this seems like a very positive meeting. The local council's concerns about traffic seem very minor and entirely reasonable. We know that Universal is trying to be a "good neighbour" so it doesn't feel like it will be very difficult for them to respond to the local Council's concerns, ensuring local residents are happy to see the project progress to the next stage.

That was overturned semi recently.

But I also doubt that Universal would really care to operate the complex, so it would most likely be a local chain like they do in Hollywood & Orlando.

It wasn't actually overturned, it was sunset (as in, allowed to expire). Regan required all such decrees to be reviewed every 2 years.

Reactions: Michael S
The thing about Stewartby station is interesting. Quite a lot of kids use the line to get to the sixth form college there, and merging it with Kempston Hardwick to create a new Universal Studios station at the midpoint (as seems to be in the plans for east west rail anyway, but will be attributed to universal in local consciousness) seems like a bad message to send. It’s too far to walk especially in Winter (for Americans - our latitude is way up in Canada so it’s dark by 4 for a chunk of the year).

I can see that being a sore point.