Universal’s Superstar Parade | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Superstar Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Guys. It's not a parade. It's not supposed to be long. It's a traveling show like Move It Shake It and Block Party. It's supposed to be viewed from the show stop area's and it's the highest rated entertainment offering at Universal. It was designed for kids and families to be a fun moment in their day. Which it is. From the time it pulls into a show stop area til it clears out is about 12 mins. The same amount of time it takes for a Disney parade to pass the spot you're standing in.

Guys. It's not a parade. It's not supposed to be long. It's a traveling show like Move It Shake It and Block Party. It's supposed to be viewed from the show stop area's and it's the highest rated entertainment offering at Universal. It was designed for kids and families to be a fun moment in their day. Which it is. From the time it pulls into a show stop area til it clears out is about 12 mins. The same amount of time it takes for a Disney parade to pass the spot you're standing in.
Not a parade? Then why is it called 'Universal's Superstar PARADE'?

Highest rated entertainment offering.... i'm sorry but Universal is pretty bad at entertainment in their park when it's not a special event like HHN, Mardi Gras, Holiday, etc.

The only things I can think of for daily "Entertainment" offerings are:

-Superstar
-CineSpec (which most don't even stay to see)
-Roaming characters (which imo are the best)
-Raptor Encounter
-Ollivanders (which is only a show for one person really)
-Celestina Warbeck/Beetle and the Bard

Universal is good at a lot of things, but they haven't proven to do great daily entertainment yet, especially traditional things like parades or nighttime shows.

Reactions: Clive
Highest rated entertainment offering.... i'm sorry but Universal is pretty bad at entertainment in their park when it's not a special event like HHN, Mardi Gras, Holiday, etc.

-Superstar
-Raptor Encounter

Universal is good at a lot of things, but they haven't proven to do great daily entertainment yet, especially traditional things like parades or nighttime shows.
The last three are good imo.

-Superstar
-Raptor Encounter

I agree, but you have to give them credit for introducing more and superior shows, such as Beat Builders and Flying Fish Market. Their large scale shows are the real issue aside from a few of the street shows (echm... Sing it!). The roaming characters are the best! Also, the Diagon Alley shows are some of the best they've made.

Almost all of their large scale shows, such as the parade, CineSpec, Fear Factor, Animal Actors, and Sinbad, are terrible. They event took away their best large scale show, Beetlejuice, but I get that was for uh... reasons.

Reactions: Mike S and Nick

-Superstar
-Raptor Encounter

I'd give lots of credit to Transformers, Donkey (I think the most impressive Entertainment offering in Orlando), and the Horror Makeup Show.
And, frankly, I think Superstar, til Festival of Fantasy opened, was the best Orlando parade since Block Party Bash. Yeah, as a traditional parade it's short, but you've got four unique shows going on, each with their own set of "gimmicks".

I think they need to build kind of a generic float that they can change out as new movies come out. Disney has a couple they've used for years that are just generic and they can use for any parade or characters.

They could feature SLoP, Troll, Sing or any other movie with just some simple changes and costumes that way.

I think they need to build kind of a generic float that they can change out as new movies come out. Disney has a couple they've used for years that are just generic and they can use for any parade or characters.

They could feature SLoP, Troll, Sing or any other movie with just some simple changes and costumes that way.
Great idea. It would also be neat if they had a float filled with all the other park characters.

I believe they did that for Kubo and the Two Strings.

The lead float kinda does that, but I know what you mean. There should be a much larger one that they can just throw new characters on.

The problem is that they can't just throw characters together due to licensing.

Something like this:
celebrate_a_dream_float6_large.jpg

They put any character they want to on the float and change out decorations that just attach to it for different occasions. It could then be used for holidays, celebrities, etc as well as promoting new movies and TV shows.

The problem is that they can't just throw characters together due to licensing.

Something like this:
celebrate_a_dream_float6_large.jpg

They put any character they want to on the float and change out decorations that just attach to it for different occasions. It could then be used for holidays, celebrities, etc as well as promoting new movies and TV shows.
Fun Fact: This wasn't originally supposed to be a generic parade float. They just kept the finale float from an early 2000s parade. Disney also has a generic gazebo float and some others.

-Superstar
-Raptor Encounter

I just watched Animal Actors for the very first time 3 weeks ago when I was down last. It was much better than I expected. Glad I caught it when I did, sounds like it's not long for this world. I also rewatched Horror Makeup for the first time in 7 years and laughed my A$$ off. Great show! (Horror Makeup is probably largely at the mercy of the talent of the performers who do it. Some probably make it much better than others. The two I had were amazing...and the two audience members they picked were perfect!)