UK Drivers in USA - Photocard Changes | Inside Universal Forums

UK Drivers in USA - Photocard Changes

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I work for the largest car hire broker in the world. This is turning the world upside down in the UK department. You'd think London Bridge was falling down...

Last edited:
I work for the largest car hire broker in the world. This is turning the world upside down in the UK department. You'd think London Bridge was falling down...

I don't get it, what are people finding so complicated?

It's been in the news for ages now, can't see how people missed it. I tried out the process on launch day, it was dead easy.

The only issue I can see was if I was hiring a car mid-way into a holiday i.e. more than 3 days after departure; when for some it could be difficult to get online to generate the code. I can't see why they couldn't have made the expiry of the one-time code longer, maybe have allowed the user to choose the expiry - leave the default at 3 days, but allow up to say two weeks.

I don't get it, what are people finding so complicated?

It's been in the news for ages now, can't see how people missed it. I tried out the process on launch day, it was dead easy.

The only issue I can see was if I was hiring a car mid-way into a holiday i.e. more than 3 days after departure; when for some it could be difficult to get online to generate the code. I can't see why they couldn't have made the expiry of the one-time code longer, maybe have allowed the user to choose the expiry - leave the default at 3 days, but allow up to say two weeks.

Not all people have smartphones etc. Also, I don't think the rental industry has been ready their end

I for one would be very angry being held up at rental desks because someone doesnt have the right documents. It only takes one person to cause chaos.

The reason for the short expiry is because it'll stop people getting their code and then going and getting caught for speeding!

I had a woman call in, at the counter in Italy, with her now-worthless paper license and counterpart. She claimed to have not seen any of the news for the past six months.