TV Preview Center | Inside Universal Forums

TV Preview Center

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 17, 2014
Tallahassee
I always see signs up that talk about the preview center. (pick the networks next big shows) and have thought it would be kinda cool to do. Something different. I know that had them up tuesday when I went. How do you get to do this?

I always see signs up that talk about the preview center. (pick the networks next big shows) and have thought it would be kinda cool to do. Something different. I know that had them up tuesday when I went. How do you get to do this?

Look for the employees in white polo-type shirts holding clip boards. They'll usually ask you where you're from and your age first. Good way to pick up lunch money while at the parks.

Look for the employees in white polo-type shirts holding clip boards. They'll usually ask you where you're from and your age first. Good way to pick up lunch money while at the parks.

Yeah, the times we've done it, we were asked some questions from an employee w a clip board (I do not think they are Universal employees, rather employees of the survey company). think we got lucky as we got to see Falon doing skits for the tonight show some time back.... I laughed a lot and earned some lunch money.

The 2nd time, we got to see the Pilot for Aquarius. My wife and I really enjoyed this show although for me, there were a couple of scenes that I personally felt didn't need to be shown in such detail. I was a little surprised to learn this show will be on NBC when it airs (next month I believe), the the scene that truly bothered me will not be shown as I saw it, but in some ways, I think that is what bothered me...see to me, the script, the characters, and the chemistry of the actors were all there where it didn't need to go that far (even if it was to be on a Showtime/HBO type Chanel).

I am glad they have decided to bring it to network TV and from what I saw, it only needs some small tweets to work on Network TV. I'm not sure the American public is ready for this one, but I hope they are as I hope I got to see where they take this one!

Last edited:
They are 3rd party employees, and aren't there all the time. A lot of times they are looking for people outside of Florida, and usually team members are excluded from participating, so I have never gotten to do this, although it wouldn't be bad considering they pay you.

They are 3rd party employees, and aren't there all the time. A lot of times they are looking for people outside of Florida, and usually team members are excluded from participating, so I have never gotten to do this, although it wouldn't be bad considering they pay you.

That's interesting considering Florida has 3 of the Top 20 18-49 markets.

That's interesting considering Florida has 3 of the Top 20 18-49 markets.

The first question they ask you are where you are from.They are looking at as many states as they can .
My guess is Florida fills up quick (the people choosing you get paid by the number they send in)
I would further speculate they call people they know to fill up Florida quota.

We've been asked to do this quite a few times and are Orlando locals, generally we get asked somewhere around the first street of Battery Park between 1-3

I got to do this last October. I was very excited, but I wound up watching a dozen ads for an NBC thriller about a woman president - maybe State of Affairs? - and another dozen for that ridiculous sequel to the Bible miniseries. What a disappointment. I'd do it again though.

I got to do this last October. I was very excited, but I wound up watching a dozen ads for an NBC thriller about a woman president - maybe State of Affairs? - and another dozen for that ridiculous sequel to the Bible miniseries. What a disappointment. I'd do it again though.

I went around the same time. Had to look at posters for State of Affairs and the Peter Pan live musical.

The preview center is now located in the "Darkroom" on Hollywood Blvd. The team members don't wear white polos anymore... they wear shirts with "preview center" written on them.
They can only have up to a certain percentage of Florida guests so those fill up fast. You must be a US resident and over 18 to participate. They do pay you cash on the spot...how much depends on how long the show is that you watch. It usually ranges from 15-40 dollars. Also don't be surprised if this is what is going into Garden of Allah.

I always thought this and watching the wrestling was a waste of a day at the parks. They have a preview centre at the MGM Grand in Vegas and I was always like "No thanks I'd much rather be by the pool"

I always thought this and watching the wrestling was a waste of a day at the parks. They have a preview centre at the MGM Grand in Vegas and I was always like "No thanks I'd much rather be by the pool"

I agree, but you do get paid.

My last visit a nice older gentleman came up to us on the way to Mythos and asked us about participating. He asked some general questions and realized they filled the current group and were looking for older guests. He then said come back in two hours if we're still interested.