Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Turtle Talk with Crush Upgrades

Hey dudes,

Went to see crush last month, the tech in this still amazes me and I still scratch my head trying to figure out how it's done, I have similar thoughts about talking Mickey at MK.

I get the interactive part but it's the mouth movements that get me puzzled, very clever.

However they do it I'm glad it's Crush plussed.
It's actually much simpler than you would expect especially since it is a CG turtle. There are only a few major key frames that are needed to make it looks like most words are being said. Add in the fact that it is a stylized turtle and it becomes much easier.

It's actually much simpler than you would expect especially since it is a CG turtle. There are only a few major key frames that are needed to make it looks like most words are being said. Add in the fact that it is a stylized turtle and it becomes much easier.

Well, it's easier due to computer processor power. They couldn't have done it easy or difficult back in 1999 and especially in HD. But I do understand your most basic point.