Turtle Talk with Crush Upgrades | Inside Universal Forums

Turtle Talk with Crush Upgrades

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
To coincide with release of Finding Dory, Disney will be updating Turtle Talk.

From Parks Blog:

When Crush the sea turtle swims up to the “Human Tank” at either Epcot or Disney California Adventure park this summer, he’ll be joined by Dory and some of her new friends from Disney•Pixar’s “Finding Dory”! You’ll be able to meet Destiny the whale shark, Bailey the beluga whale and Hank the “septopus” (that’s a seven-legged octopus, of course!). Crush’s very own mini-man Squirt will also be swimming by for the first time, and you might even catch a glimpse of Nemo and his dad Marlin.

Reactions: IzzyB
Nice to see upgrades I guess, but Epcot is still in dire need of actual new things. Can't just keep updating what you currently have forever, at some point you have to expand.

Agreed. But I can't ding them for this, it is a nice upgrade to something that is going to look pretty dated when the new movie comes out. Now if they could just actually put something in those huge tanks they have, that would be nice.

Agreed. But I can't ding them for this, it is a nice upgrade to something that is going to look pretty dated when the new movie comes out. Now if they could just actually put something in those huge tanks they have, that would be nice.
How about putting the Disney Execs. ,that directed all the staff & entertainment cuts be made , in the tanks. They'd make good shark bait. :lol:

Reactions: TJwny and IzzyB
I can't imagine this show has been more than sparsely attended for the past few years now. Hopefully this will bring some more visitors back.

I can't imagine this show has been more than sparsely attended for the past few years now. Hopefully this will bring some more visitors back.

Not sure. We never go lol. I will find out at the end of April as my friend picked a fast pass for it. :)

It usually always seems pretty popular still when I walk by it (or the few times i've done it over the last few years).

It usually always seems pretty popular still when I walk by it (or the few times i've done it over the last few years).

I am thinking it is. The one time I went was during an after hours event and it was pretty packed for a low attendance event. My friend is on spot with the hot fast passes to get, so I am thinking they must normally wait for it if they got a fast pass. But then again Epcot doesn't have a lot of needed fast pass places right now with two of their big wait attractions down.

I am thinking it is. The one time I went was during an after hours event and it was pretty packed for a low attendance event. My friend is on spot with the hot fast passes to get, so I am thinking they must normally wait for it if they got a fast pass. But then again Epcot doesn't have a lot of needed fast pass places right now with two of their big wait attractions down.
Every time I've gone the wait was at least two shows in the stand by line with every seat filled during the show. Last there in Oct. 2015.

For a while after it moved it became a walk on with not even full shows. It did seem to be rebounding over time but not to the levels it had in the old theater with the entire queue filling Seas foyer.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm not sure where to post this. I saw a billboard while out in central Florida for Turtle Talk. And just... does anyone else think it's kinda sad that Epcot has so little attractions that they have a billboard for THIS? Finding Dory upgrades or not?

I thought it was a charming attraction and probably still is. The tech is still pretty high end. The interactions with kids reminds me of a formal version of the Mystic Fountain at IOA.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm not sure where to post this. I saw a billboard while out in central Florida for Turtle Talk. And just... does anyone else think it's kinda sad that Epcot has so little attractions that they have a billboard for THIS? Finding Dory upgrades or not?

Nah. Movie is coming out and the attraction is part of the Nemo pavillion so the synergy makes sense.

Hey dudes,

Went to see crush last month, the tech in this still amazes me and I still scratch my head trying to figure out how it's done, I have similar thoughts about talking Mickey at MK.

I get the interactive part but it's the mouth movements that get me puzzled, very clever.

However they do it I'm glad it's Crush plussed.

Reactions: IzzyB
Nah. Movie is coming out and the attraction is part of the Nemo pavillion so the synergy makes sense.

Agreed, cross promotion because the movie is going to be so popular. It totally makes sense for Disney Marketing to do this.

Also, I agree with Teebin, it is a pretty meat little thing. We don't do it often, but when we do we enjoy it. I think if it wasn't tucked in where it was, that it would be more popular. I imagine with the movie coming out that whole pavilion will be much more popular this next year. Disney expected it too, they have really fixed the fish tanks. There is better fake reefs and they got way more variety of fish in there. I have seen the tanks slowly improve over the last year, because they were looking kind of sad.

I just wonder how many guests are going to realize the hypocrisy of the movie being anti-captivity yet Disney is keeping dolphins in the exhibit right next to it.