Trip Report: March 22,2014 | Inside Universal Forums

Trip Report: March 22,2014

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 13, 2014
Bay Area
[SIZE=10.5pt]Sharing a trip report down to Universal studios this past Saturday. Reason I am posting this is because I reside in northern California and cannot make it to the park as much as I want to. Usually a few times a year I get to go. Tough for an individual who been going to the park over twenty years and wish they could be there weekly. Lol. I took three friends with me down to universal who have never been. It was a great experience for them as well as me to show them the park. Friday we arrived. Stayed two nights at the Sheraton hotel. As soon as we got to the hotel we ran into Rob Lowe who was filming a new ABC show coming next fall. They would not give me the name but we spent a good 30 mins watching them film in the lobby. We hit the city walk for the evening. I took them to Karl Strauss brewery and to eat and have some brews. We circled the city walk buying souvenirs for the women and kids in our life. We spent the remainder of the evening at the city walk enjoying the night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The next morning we woke up at 7:30 AM and made it to the park before the 9 AM opening. One friend of mine has a fear of rides and roller coasters/ drops so this was going to be his first try at going on a ride. We entered the park and hit the lower lot first. My friend was very nervous but he masked his fear and rode Jurassic park, which has a 84 foot drop. It was funny because he held on to me the entire ride and held even tighter when we went down the drop. We actually went on it a second time later that evening and my friend screamed for help. When we were at the top near the drop we were waiting extra time because I believe the sequencing was off with the rafts. I had to hold him down. he laughed about it later. We rode the mummy and transformers twice each with only 15 minute wait averages. Snuck in a good amount of riding in the first hour op park open. We went up top and jumped on the tram. Nothing like a tram ride with a corona in your hand. Sad to see jaws still down but the tram was amazing. My friends seeing it for the first time blew their minds. Getting to see courthouse square, King Kong, earthquake, sets from movies and tv shows blew their freaking minds. We did do it again at 6:15 which was the last tram.  We rode DM and had a great time. It is something my kids will love. At the time we rode it was a 60 min wait but didn't feel like it. Great ride. The rest of the day was spent exploring the park and catching photos with characters near the plaza. A lot of construction going on but I can finally see in person how the park stands and imagine the future for the park. We spent the entire day at the park with intermissions to the city walk.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Ended the evening with a trip to Roscoes chicken and waffles. SO DANG GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Great time. I am always on the forums and lately have been so busy with work I can only feel the excitment from everyone about their visits. Now I am satisfied. For at least three months. [/SIZE]

Sorry I forgot the simspons ride. Had a lot of fun. I played the carnival games and one a few items playing basketball. Knocked down six shots in a row. lol. Not sure if anyone was at the park saturday.. but if you saw a very tall individual. African American with a cal hat on, white shirt, basketball shorts and flip flops on. That was me... lol