Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently the RV is indeed trackless. there was a picture of the RV in the loading station and there didn't appear to be a track. I can see why they went with the ride they did as it is a way to balance out the land with two heavily practical boat rides.

This will also be the ride system of choice for the Avengers E ticket at DCA. Will be interesting to see if they improve upon anything for Avengers. But they have a solid base.
You sure it's trackless? It looks like you can see a busbar to me at the floor on some points. I don't really see any reason that this ride would need to be trackless either (from that limited POV)

You sure it's trackless? It looks like you can see a busbar to me at the floor on some points. I don't really see any reason that this ride would need to be trackless either (from that limited POV)
From the video I saw of the RV parked in the load station, it was hard to make out. Also there was I think either a fan site or on X, someone else said it was trackless. My mistake.

Reactions: sonoma15
I don't like it. The practical sets/effects are great, but I just don't like the screen-based aspect.
I get it, but it's in a land with two other fairly traditional dark/boat rides, plus a flat ride that is basically a short dark ride outdoors. And DisneySea as a park isn't exactly saturated with simulators (I think there's really only two other significant rides that heavily involve screens in the whole park).

It looks like a fine choice to add to the lineup.

Finally a on-ride POV of Peter Pan has dropped:

It looks like a slightly improved Transformers. At least there's so much as one moving prop in there and the screen quality looks better.....but man....so many screeeeenz. Looks fine....just wish there were more practical effects here.

Also what da heq was up with all of those cuts in the video? C'mon.
Apparently the RV is indeed trackless. there was a picture of the RV in the loading station and there didn't appear to be a track. I can see why they went with the ride they did as it is a way to balance out the land with two heavily practical boat rides.

This will also be the ride system of choice for the Avengers E ticket at DCA. Will be interesting to see if they improve upon anything for Avengers. But they have a solid base.
Really? This was trackless? I thought for sure it was on a busbar. It looks like the trackless system was unnecessary here.

Reactions: Wesker69
It looks like a slightly improved Transformers. At least there's so much as one moving prop in there and the screen quality looks better.....but man....so many screeeeenz. Looks fine....just wish there were more practical effects here.

Also what da heq was up with all of those cuts in the video? C'mon.

Really? This was trackless? I thought for sure it was on a busbar. It looks like the trackless system was unnecessary here.
Actually another person on this forum pointed out to me, there was a busbar/track at some points. But when I saw the pics of the RV parked in the load station it was hard to make out due to the lighting and how the angle the picture was took.

The cuts in the video is because this is footage provided by TDR to the YT channel it was posted on. The 3D on the ride was turned off for the video.

More practical effects should be on their to-do list of things to improve for the Avengers E-ticket.

I get it, but it's in a land with two other fairly traditional dark/boat rides, plus a flat ride that is basically a short dark ride outdoors. And DisneySea as a park isn't exactly saturated with simulators (I think there's really only two other significant rides that heavily involve screens in the whole park).

It looks like a fine choice to add to the lineup.
It doesn't matter what the other rides are. In general, I'm not a fan of the screen aspect, but as I said, the sets/effects are great. Otherwise it's a "meh" for me. Also, ew 3D.

Also, ew 3D.
So on this: it BARELY looks 3-D from the videos...

I mean, did the person put the glasses over their recorder, because there's next to no fuzziness in the image.

Overall, it looks charming and I LOVE that they highlighted the music of the movie, but based on the recording, I just don't even see the need for the 3-D glasses.

From what I understand, it was a 2D ride-through for media, not the full 3D experience.

The only 3D aspect I could see it having is added depth, but not the traditional cliche "coming out of the screen" 3D.
I was thinking similarly as there seems to be only a few times things actively come out of the screen.

Though I am reminded of when Frozen was first in theaters in 3-D and they made the snow look like it was happening all around the audience. A similar effect with the pixie dust would be welcomed.

Beyond that, just depth based 3-D seems the most appropriate for what has been showed off so far.

Here's a great twitter thread about the new Peter Pan ride

Not tying to pick fault here as this is a great expansion BUT I think Arendelle in Hong Kongs looks much better and more charming than this.
For what it is, I think it's truly awesome tbh. It's not as big as Hong Kongs but it still looks great and definitely has the better ride over both of HKDL's Frozen rides.

Pan looks weak, to be honest. Disney finally getting around to doing a SCOOP ride and resorting to the same bag of tricks that Universal already perfected.

Tinkerbell ride looks extremely cute but needs more animated elements -- the adorable mouse figure at the end isn't enough. Tangled looks like an excellent C-ticket. I've already alluded to my feelings on Frozen.

Pan looks weak, to be honest. Disney finally getting around to doing a SCOOP ride and resorting to the same bag of tricks that Universal already perfected.
I would just say two things about this:

1. It's clearly what OLC wanted, and they get what they want.
2. I don't know what else a new Peter Pan ride would look like if you're trying to make it distinct from the Pan ride you already have at the resort.

Is it to my taste? Not really (though I think it looks to be done well for what OLC seemingly asked it to be). Would I like to see it in Orlando? Not really. Do I think it essentially fills a certain attraction type void at DisneySea, specifically? Yes.

Tinkerbell ride looks extremely cute but needs more animated elements -- the adorable mouse figure at the end isn't enough.
I'm actually quite impressed with the Tink ride (though I would never say no to more elements in any attraction). I think it represents a shift in thinking away from a pretty narrow view of what constitutes (or serves the function of) a "flat ride."

I would love to see that type of attraction come to one of the Orlando parks (at either resort; imagine a version of that sort of approach applied to a "Jurassic Petting Zoo" type area at IOA if it had the space, just as an example...) because I'm sort of tired of the recent American theme park dichotomy that says we can either have "real" rides (which have to be D or E-tickets to justify the investment) or we can have "kiddie" rides (which have to be off-the-shelf carnival attractions and spinners and variants of the like).