Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tilikum has Died

I was at sea world Monday and the orcas just did not want to perform. I wonder if it is related to tilikum passing or if they sometimes do that.

Edit: day correction

Last edited:
I was at sea world Sunday and the orcas just did not want to perform. I wonder if it is related to tilikum passing or if they sometimes do that.

Well, I personally wonder how long his dead body just floated around in the tank before being removed. They have to bring a crane in.

I'm not sure it's even been removed now.

But the Sesame stuff doesn't make any sense within SeaWorld.

Would SeaWorld be able to get enough land to build a proper Sesame Place in Orlando? I think its dumb that they aren't taking advantage of the Sesame Street rights. I think if marketed right it would be a real money maker for them.

Okay, I get why we're discussing Sesame Street but shouldn't there be a thread for Sea World developments? This is about the death of a killer whale that was both famous and infamous.

I was at sea world Monday and the orcas just did not want to perform. I wonder if it is related to tilikum passing or if they sometimes do that.

That's what I was referring to in a previous post. Sometimes, the whales just don't want to do the shows. I equate it to being tired or just waking up on the wrong side of the pool. They could have known that a fellow whale was dead and been in some form of mourning. Was Tilikum even allowed with the other whales? I wonder if they considered him part of the pod.

Okay, I get why we're discussing Sesame Street but shouldn't there be a thread for Sea World developments? This is about the death of a killer whale that was both famous and infamous.

That's what I was referring to in a previous post. Sometimes, the whales just don't want to do the shows. I equate it to being tired or just waking up on the wrong side of the pool. They could have known that a fellow whale was dead and been in some form of mourning. Was Tilikum even allowed with the other whales? I wonder if they considered him part of the pod.
Well, the death of Tilikum does drum up discussion about Sea World's future

There was a young one who got along with him and two females who distinctly did not like him.

For the show finale you'd often see the little one with tillikum because they'd do it together. The size difference was obvious and a little silly but both were more willing if the other was involved.

Otherwise the gates during the show were opened and closed to keep him away from the other whales who liked to pick on him.

There was a young one who got along with him and two females who distinctly did not like him.

For the show finale you'd often see the little one with tillikum because they'd do it together. The size difference was obvious and a little silly but both were more willing if the other was involved.

Otherwise the gates during the show were opened and closed to keep him away from the other whales who liked to pick on him.
It's sad that they have to segregate him. I forgot the name of the whale, but I remember a whale that came over here from somewhere in Asia was in dire shape when it came over. It was being bullied away from food and the trainers were afraid of attempting to interact with it because the other two whales would retaliate on that whale. It's been a while so this may be slightly incorrect tbh.

That is really sad. It would have impacted Tilikum even more because he basically had zero socialization or interaction. From two years old until the time that he died.

This is straight up distasteful..

IMG_2870.PNG
IMG_2869.PNG

It's a banner ad they're running and when you click it you get to read all about the "wonderful" things they did for Tillikum.

If it was a person we'd be publicly shaming them for being so disgusting.

He got along with Trua and Malia and was sometimes kept with Katina and Makaio. He wasn't grouped with Nalani or Kayla. He was grouped with different whales throughout the time he was at SeaWorld, but Trua and Malia were the ones over the last few years. Malia met him in 2007 and they were together for a few years. But she started being grouped with him in 2016 again. Unless they were together in between then, just not in public. Trua met him in 2008 and they were together ever since.

It's sad that they have to segregate him. I forgot the name of the whale, but I remember a whale that came over here from somewhere in Asia was in dire shape when it came over. It was being bullied away from food and the trainers were afraid of attempting to interact with it because the other two whales would retaliate on that whale. It's been a while so this may be slightly incorrect tbh.
No orca ever came from a park in Asia and went to a SeaWorld park. SeaWorld's orcas mostly originate from Iceland and some from the US and Canadian waters. Only a couple came from The Netherlands and England, but they also originated from Iceland and US waters. And then all of the ones born in captivity of course originated from those waters since they were descendants of those whales. I'm pretty sure no orca has ever came to the US from Asia actually.

No orca ever came from a park in Asia and went to a SeaWorld park. SeaWorld's orcas mostly originate from Iceland and some from the US and Canadian waters. Only a couple came from The Netherlands and England, but they also originated from Iceland and US waters. And then all of the ones born in captivity of course originated from those waters since they were descendants of those whales. I'm pretty sure no orca has ever came to the US from Asia actually.
My bad. You're completely correct. Tilikum came from the Netherlands. He started at a park in Canada apparently.