Ticket Price Increases For Disney | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Ticket Price Increases For Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Then Disney lied to the local press. Last week a friend of mine ran off the new prices as he read them from the Hub. And what he read to me is exactly what Disney raised the prices to. Now, I cannot verify if the prices were on the Hub or not, but he isn't in a position where he would be privy to this information, so I took him at his word. So, where he got his info, if the info wasn't on the Hub, I have no idea. But, they straight up lied to the press.

What is unclear is if the 'four days' is before Uni's announcement or four days from June 2nd. The press made a point of it however. Perhaps someone 'in the media biz' here can enlighten us on Disney's earlier denial.

Obviously I was talking about an addition to the resort.

2000: Men in Black, Flying Unicorn, Storm Force
2001: Animal Planet Live
2002: Mat Hoffman
2003: Jimmy Neutron, Shrek 4D
2004: Revenge of the Mummy
2005: Fear Factor Live
2006: Universal 360, Seuss Trolley
2008: Disaster!, The Simpsons Ride
2009: Rip Ride Rockit
2010: Wizarding World of Harry Potter

So again.. I ask.. what 10 years are you referring to where UOR added absolutely nothing? If you meant of interest, that's your opinion.. but these "dark ages" are pretty greatly exaggerated on these boards. Most of us were enjoying the hell out of these parks pre-Potter.

C'mon man....you really think half of those rides warranted a "price increase". Even if you enjoyed those additions, they weren't bringing anyone in as attendance was at a lull for most of the 2000's (removing 9/11 and the economic crisis, of course). The reason the "dark ages" are discussed around these boards because it was true. Costs were cut and you could see it at both parks (Brown hulk, no more fire at Jaws, broken effects around both parks). Hell, the only reason Dueling Dragons was painted was because they didn't want JK Rowling to get a bad impression of the Potter's future site.

Furthermore, that list you provided are mostly additions (replacements) to USF.

As far as what has Disney added/gonna add:

Big Thunder Major Refurb
Storybook Circus
Test Track (set for late 2012)
Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom Interactive game (hey, it's part of the theme park experience)

Surely if you justify Mat Hoffman and FF Live as a reason to increase ticket prices, then you surely must agree that Disney has added something this year.

C'mon man....you really think half of those rides warranted a "price increase". Even if you enjoyed those additions, they weren't bringing anyone in as attendance was at a lull for most of the 2000's (removing 9/11 and the economic crisis, of course). The reason the "dark ages" are discussed around these boards because it was true. Costs were cut and you could see it at both parks (Brown hulk, no more fire at Jaws, broken effects around both parks). Hell, the only reason Dueling Dragons was painted was because they didn't want JK Rowling to get a bad impression of the Potter's future site.

Furthermore, that list you provided are mostly additions (replacements) to USF.

Big Thunder Major Refurb
Storybook Circus
Sorcerors of the Magic Kingdom Interactive game (hey, it's part of the theme park experience)

Surely if you justify Mat Hoffman and FF Live as a reason to increase ticket prices, then you surely must agree that Disney has added something this year.

Universal's financial situation was pretty dire, resources were low, and they still managed to make some enhancements to the parks. Disney has been sitting pretty on a mountain of money and the past 5 years have seen 0 additions to 2 parks and 2 refurbs in another park and some much-needed love to another.

Price increases happen every year at all the parks. But usually when they're timed with the opening of a major investment, it leaves a much less sour taste in your mouth. Universal raised ticket prices now, yes as the new nighttime show, parade, and Despicable Me are opening. DL's ticket price increases were DRASTIC.. but well-warranted with all the additions to DCA.

Yes, Epcot should have something new in September with the Test Track refurb and MK's new additions will open in December. So if ticket prices are rising are the start of June, what was wrong with me asking if they couldn't wait for something new to open? lol Exactly.

Yes, Epcot should have something new in September with the Test Track refurb and MK's new additions will open in December. So if ticket prices are rising are the start of June, what was wrong with me asking if they couldn't wait for something new to open? lol Exactly.

But they did open something new.....Storybook Circus.

And Universal's dire financial situation has nothing to do with the shape of the parks. It was Corporate making sure they could sell off the parks to the highest bidder at a minimum cost to them.

Big Thunder Major Refurb
Storybook Circus

And the Brave Games at Epcot, the Phineas and Ferb overhaul of the KP game.

And if Blue Man Group counts as an addition to the resort, then Disney's Art of Animation resort can count as an addition.

Obviously your Universal fandom is going to make this convo pointless, so I'll just walk away.

lol I LOVE THEM BOTH. I'm planning a trip to WDW and DLR later this year, as well as UOR and USH. But okay.

:lol: Then how are you excusing Universal 2001-2008?

What is there to excuse? We got some great additions during that time. Yes, the parks were struggling and had to make cutbacks but they pushed through it and are experiencing some of their biggest growth ever now. I don't really count IOA as not having had any additions because to me it opened up as a full park. But I was there every single year since 2000 and have only seen improvements since, in streetmosphere, show quality, etc.

DHS is the only WDW park that has gotten the attention it deserves in the past few years and it still needs work. MK's "expansion" has me realizing how the hell they managed being the #1 theme park in the world and having such little capacity for everyone walking through the turnstiles. Even after all is said and done with New Fantasyland, we're only gaining 1 attraction to the count.

Back to the ticket price increases, this move was just Disney showing Universal who is top dog. I was only questioning the timing with nothing yet to show for it, is all.

SeaWorld and Busch should be raising within days.

They raise the prices because they can...No other reason...six Flags, Cedar Point, Dollywood most of them don't raise there prices like Orlando/Florida parks do. The idea I think is to sell season passes get people away from ticket sales. Universal took away Jaws and raised the price previous to the new rework at Jimmy Neutron. They raise the prices because the stock needs to go up after they make movies like John carter And Battleship.

I think we all can agree we saw this coming after Universal raised the prices.. I see in the future..near future that the other parks will do the same with ticket prices and possibly parking. Ya know even though the prices are raised people will still go

Well they lasted longer than I expected them to.

We wanted to let Disney Parks Blog readers know that starting tomorrow, June 2, tickets to our Florida and California theme parks will be adjusted with new pricing.
As we’ve heard from many of our guests, the quality entertainment and attractions and the memorable moments created by our cast make a Disney theme park experience a great value. There’s something for everyone at Disney Parks to make a magical vacation memory.
You can now find information on the different ticket pricing on our Walt Disney World Resort ticket page and Disneyland Resort page.

A base adult ticket for Magic Kingdom is now $95, while Animal Kingdom, Epcot and DHS are $90. :ears:

Last edited:
MK is the only complete park.

The others should actually cost much less. At Epcot, you're essentially paying $90 admission to a food and beverage festival.

MK is the only complete park.

The others should actually cost much less. At Epcot, you're essentially paying $90 admission to a food and beverage festival.

I think Epcot is the most well rounded. The back half of the park could use more attractions but it has the most all around entertainment services.

....SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY!?

Parking has not increased for a couple of years at the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, but starting tomorrow June 2 2013, guests will pay an additional $1 to park. A car will cost $15, and a camper/trailer will cost $16 per day. Both prices include tax.

Source: http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/parking-fees/news/01jun2013-parking-fees-to-increase-at-walt-disney-world-from-tomorrow.htm#.UaomBMnbtvs.twitter