Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

I stayed as long as I could in the park tonight before getting kicked out.

A crew of 3 people were setting up two fold up tables right in front of the tri-wizard stage. I figured it might of been for show controls. Sadly, I got kicked out

Also, though not very visible the projectors were on in some way last night while people were in the park.

Not sure if the projectors always have a blue light even when they're turned off but I though this was very interesting. They could of been turned on but not displaying anything:bonk:

The castle even looked to have new blue textures surrounding the rock work. Possibly I'm just going crazy since it was my first time going USH in a week.;)

(The lights are all highlighted due to the long exposure but it was still very much visible to the naked eye)

EDIT: Looking back at some of my photos from a year ago it looks as if the lighting has always been there.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Went on the Forbidden Journey ride last Saturday and the Dragon animatronic was missing (looks like replaced by a tree). Anyone know when it will be back?

Went on the Forbidden Journey ride last Saturday and the Dragon animatronic was missing (looks like replaced by a tree). Anyone know when it will be back?

They should leave it. That tree is pretty scary when you aren't expecting it. (Hopefully it is back soon and they move that tree in front of the electrical panel behind the dragon)

I was going to mention that, as that's albeit a surprising thing to hide away.

Although, we do have AHS to prove myself wrong on that statement, so how about we celebrate that we get holiday theming in Hogsmeade too!

Honestly, I am happy to see Hollywood get it, and was going to create a thread on the holiday season discussion, as this warrents to question how much will change now with Karen on-board and that things could be more in-line with Orlando in terms of events.

Of note: event will start in mid-November. This is a departure from Grinchmas which usually started in December.

And you can infer from that as you wish :(

Some of the workers at the Hogwarts Express Photo Op posted on facebook that the photo op will officially be closing September 4th. I've heard whispers of this for months now, but if two employees are corroborating the story, I'm inclined to believe it this time. Any speculation as to what might replace it?

Some of the workers at the Hogwarts Express Photo Op posted on facebook that the photo op will officially be closing September 4th. I've heard whispers of this for months now, but if two employees are corroborating the story, I'm inclined to believe it this time. Any speculation as to what might replace it?

Maybe they're putting in a new photo op for Christmas.

IU has now confirmed of that in an article.

Hogwarts Express Upcharge Photo Op to end in the Wizarding World at Universal Studios Hollywood | Inside Universal