The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last time I rode The Forbidden Journey- It felt a lot better. I'm pretty sure it was a lot darker for me too when I went. At least, that's how it seemed.

Darn, was hoping I'd get to try warm butterbeer on my first visit. (Soooon. Even though I'm mad it's supposedly gonna be in the 90s.) I guess that's just an excuse for me to go back in a couple months, right?

Reactions: WhyDoYouHateFun?
First impressions: I'm not a fan of sweet drinks, but Hot Butterbeer is pretty good. I've never had it before, so I thought it tasted a bit like hot chocolate with some foam on top. It's a relatively small cup for 5.49, so I don't think I'll be having it again but it's definitely something people should try at least once.

Hot Butterbeer seems to keep the crispness of the flavor longer, and lacks the usual burnt and watery tastes that most hot chocolate is saddled with... most likely due to how much sweeter it is. It is by far my favorite version of Butterbeer.

And even as much as I love it, Universal seems to hold it in higher regard... because they wrote a press release for it. A big ol press release for a new drink. I guess if Disney does cupcakes... http://www.slashfilm.com/hot-butterbeer-coming-to-hollywoods-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter/

Okay, hot Butterbeer is really great.  I finally stopped to eat at the Three Broomsticks for the first time and the spare rib dinner was amazing.  Totally filled me up and reasonably priced for amusement park food.

This past weekend I'll finally tried the Beef and Lamb stew at 3 Broomsticks with Hot Butterbeer. That may be my favorite meal at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Reactions: BernardMesa
This past weekend I'll finally tried the Beef and Lamb stew at 3 Broomsticks with Hot Butterbeer. That may be my favorite meal at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Nice. My wife and I are trying to find a sucker-I mean a babysitter over the next few weeks so we can enjoy some geek time as a couple and have our Anniversary Dinner at Three Broomsticks. We just had the warm Butterbeer on Saturday, and was curious about what to order when we get back.

:rolleyes:

In minor news, the initial smoke effect for the first flue network is working again.

I also spoke to some in merch, and they say many new items may be coming in the next week or two, just in time for the holiday season.

While Friday and Saturday seemed to be parked this past Veteran's Day weekend, Sunday was much more manageable.

Reactions: William
I was told over the summer that the parks might be getting a Lupin interactive wand(by both a Florida TM and a Hollywood TM), so I'm praying that will be one of the new items.

Reactions: William