The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed) | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The biggest concern is that they will lose a LOT of queue space that they will really need for HHN. It sounds like they will use the majority of that space for overflow for TWD next year. I'm still not opposed to adding to the maze. 

They used Despicable Me for overflow this year, so I'm sure they could do that again in the future.

Of the five nights I've gone, I've NEVER seen that. When I saw the line, I've only seen the queue fill up in Baker. Interesting. 

I waited in the DM:MM queue on the final night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started watching TDW for season 7, so I might be skipping some other scenes that fans would like to see, but I think that they should add the Glenn & Abraham death scene (someone said that they are expanding the maze). Maybe there could be Abraham and Glenn's remains on the ground with walkers eating them, I don't remember what they did to the bodies in the show, but I think this would be cool.

I just started watching TDW for season 7, so I might be skipping some other scenes that fans would like to see, but I think that they should add the Glenn & Abraham death scene (someone said that they are expanding the maze). Maybe there could be Abraham and Glenn's remains on the ground with walkers eating them, I don't remember what they did to the bodies in the show, but I think this would be cool.

They took the bodies away, so it wouldn't really be a good adaption. I would however like to see a scene featuring the invasion at Hilltop. Remove the Del Arno foods scene and the last one I say and rework it. Lotta potential. 

I think the main problem with this attraction is that it's just not appropriate outside of HHN.  It's just too gory for the daytime crowd. I'm surprised they would put any more money into it.

I think the main problem with this attraction is that it's just not appropriate outside of HHN.  It's just too gory for the daytime crowd. I'm surprised they would put any more money into it.

If there was complaining about the blood, gore and visceral; House of Horrors wouldn't of made it long in it's operation life-span.

I think the issue of TWDA lies more into that, it drags on at certain aspects. If it was given a bit more space to accommodate for extra show scenes from the TV series; I think it may of not been a problem. But because of that, many people find it to be a lackluster experience that while yes, Immerses you into the set work and visual effects; doesn't drive home what made House of Horrors repeatable and great to begin with, variety.

TWDA is an attraction that can be great, as long as they mix elements of what made House of Horrors great in the allowing of Actors to work around with the set they have, but with TWD and incorporating more of what made the TV show a hit (and I mean that in the terms of having more horror aspects of the show).

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was complaining about the blood, gore and visceral; House of Horrors wouldn't of made it long in it's operation life-span.

I think the issue of TWDA lies more into that, it drags on at certain aspects. If it was given a bit more space to accommodate for extra show scenes from the TV series; I think it may of not been a problem. But because of that, many people find it to be a lackluster experience that while yes, Immerses you into the set work and visual effects; doesn't drive home what made House of Horrors repeatable and great to begin with, variety.

TWDA is an attraction that can be great, as long as they mix elements of what made House of Horrors great in the allowing of Actors to work around with the set they have, but with TWD and incorporating more of what made the TV show a hit (and I mean that in the terms of having more horror aspects of the show).

I don't think House of Horrors was nearly as gory as TWDA.

People did complain about House of Horrors, and Universal ignored it.

The Walking Dead Attraction certainly feels more gruesome than House of Horrors, and I agree with Mark, I don't think it fits in the park at all.

Yeah, I definitely feel like this attraction wasn't thoroughly planned out.
After going through it a couple times now, you do definitely get that sense that it was rushed.
There is also quite a lot of dead space in the maze that's pretty visible between the curtains.

If the construction rumors are true, I'm certainly interested to see how they're going to make queue space.
The best thing to do would probably have been to wait until Cartooniversal's demolition and move the Studio Store to that area, move the Starbucks' into the old Studio Store area,
and move WD entrance to where Starbucks currently is. The walls are nearby and that would have given a decent "buffer" to hold guests while they queue into that tiny space.
But I don't see that happening.

I took some family to Universal Studios Hollywood today and some of them went and did TWD, the consensus was they were thoroughly unimpressed and felt it to be the weakest attraction in the park. 

I took some family to Universal Studios Hollywood today and some of them went and did TWD, the consensus was they were thoroughly unimpressed and felt it to be the weakest attraction in the park. 

I wonder how the attraction will fare after the television series ends. Movies have staying power, but television shows? I guess it depends.

Reactions: chris.g
I don't see it having a very long lifespan at all. The ratings are massively down for TWD, even though it's been extended for another season. I think the show will definitely end by the end of the decade, and I think the attraction may too.

The question, of course being: what can possibly replace it? Is there room for any sort of ride?

I wonder how the attraction will fare after the television series ends. Movies have staying power, but television shows? I guess it depends.

Yeah, that's a great question. Those I took are huge fans of the show but don't understand why this was chosen as an attraction. For me personally none of these characters are timeless. This was a short sighted move.

I don't see it having a very long lifespan at all. The ratings are massively down for TWD, even though it's been extended for another season. I think the show will definitely end by the end of the decade, and I think the attraction may too.

The question, of course being: what can possibly replace it? Is there room for any sort of ride?

Despite the downward trend in the show's viewership, it's still ratings juggernaut in the world of cable TV. I think AMC will try to milk it for all it's worth. This ship can still be righted, so I wouldn't be surprised if the show lasts beyond the end of the decade. I definitely expect some personnel changes, soon, though.

Reactions: William