The Simpsons Ride (USH) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Simpsons Ride (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haha :D basically, when the seats are activated for motion and are in a certain position, one can rock them back and forth! And since the seats are attached to each other, when the seats move in sync to the action on screen, I rock the seats back n forth with my legs to make the action more intense. Completely in sync with the actual motions, just more intense. It's unbelievably hilarious, I can't even express it.

Think of the "simulator" scene from the first Mr. Bean movie but not as crazy. Those type of reactions. Pure comedy ;)

Haha :D basically, when the seats are activated for motion and are in a certain position, one can rock them back and forth! And since the seats are attached to each other, when the seats move in sync to the action on screen, I rock the seats back n forth with my legs to make the action more intense. Completely in sync with the actual motions, just more intense. It's unbelievably hilarious, I can't even express it.

Think of the "simulator" scene from the first Mr. Bean movie but not as crazy. Those type of reactions. Pure comedy ;)
Hahahaha, that's awesome!

I always try to get my own set of sits so i can get the whole effect from the movement. Sits tend to move less when they are full. Cant stand it when people rock the seat unnecessarily, now if your addding to the current rocking i guess its ok but no  unnecessary rocking. :)

If anyone has a chance, I encourage you to sit in the last car on the left hand side on the first floor. I know you've always been able to see the sides regardless of your position, but from that angle you're able to see all the simulators going at once. Quite a view.

On another note, Simpsons might do good with a bit of TLC.

Untitled by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

I know they've always had problems with paint peeling off so I feel for the crew, but I wonder how they'll be able to fix this in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully a more permanent paint solution will be used and be done sooner than later thanks to the rumored Springfield expansion in Hollywood. Would be nice to see it spruced up.

Simpsons has had a paint problem since DAY ONE!!! Not sure if you have pics Jon or if others remember, but the purple glossy paint scheme on the concrete in front of the ride, with the orange and yellow stars and stuff, peeled and looked disgusting and was ruined the month the ride opened. It looked HORRIBLE!

They're definitely repainting it, but it looks like guests keep peeling the additional layers off. Shame.

They absolutely do that. They need to use a different paint that isn't so...latexy.

Universal needs to use what Disney uses. Disneyland gets to many guests that also peel away, but it's never this bad.

If anyone has a chance, I encourage you to sit in the last car on the left hand side on the first floor. I know you've always been able to see the sides regardless of your position, but from that angle you're able to see all the simulators going at once. Quite a view.

On another note, Simpsons might do good with a bit of TLC.

I know they've always had problems with paint peeling off so I feel for the crew, but I wonder how they'll be able to fix this in the future.
Yes I have been in that part, the only downside is that you get to see the distorsioned version of the projection and very incomplete one since you are on the edge... the worst sit on the house in a regular ride

Nothing compared to Minion Mayhem I bet ;)

Just FYI: all attraction openers are required to do a walkthrough of the queue and ride space and report anything that isn't giving 100% show... it's just up to maintenance and other departments to follow-up on said requests.

Looks like they came through! Kudos indeed!

Ugh that's ugly. I mean at least take the time to fill in the chipped areas. It looks like a poor man's basement.