The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread | Inside Universal Forums

The Official Dudley Do-Rights Condition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
By God, this was by far one of the worst rides I've had on it recently!!!!

First off, the audio in the first black and white scene was all wonky and you could barely make out what was going on in it. Very jarring.
The first Dudley and Horse AA was not working.
The first Snidely and Nell AA was gone
The Boulder Snidely was not working
The Nell and Snidely Train track scene had no audio, but the horse and Inspector Fenwick audio was functioning just fine.
The final Award Ceremony scene had no audio

So, yea....I don't know what happened today but I hope it was just a one day thing and that they get the issues fixed ASAP. There is NO EXCUSE for the ride to be working with such a poor show. universal is capable of better, and we all know it. Fingers crossed this gets fixed FAST!

If your gonna doze it you might as well do all of Toon Lagoon and retheme Popeye. :homer:

You should have ridden it twice. I know that a ride can be bad just because of untripped sensors on one pass. I cannot imagine the issue will last for more than a day, but who knows.

I would have, but my school van was comin to pick me up in an hour and the wait was 75 minutes.

School van?! What is this madness? Please tell me you weren't on a school field trip to Universal.

The most exciting place we got to go to when I was in school was Medieval Times...

:stunned:

WH....

HOW?! WHY?!

All of our field trips had to be somewhat justified in terms of education. You lucky SOBs!

In 8th grade, my drama teacher asked me to write the education proposal myself for a field trip to DHS. :thumbs:

When I was in school, many moons ago, we went to Disney, Busch Gardens, and Kennedy Space Center.

Wow! Living in Northern Virginia, our 8th grade trip was to King's Dominion (still under its Paramount moniker). We had to write a physics report on one of the rides to make it "educational". I thought we had it good but you sir have justifiably humbled me. :hail:

Wow! Living in Northern Virginia, our 8th grade trip was to King's Dominion (still under its Paramount moniker). We had to write a physics report on one of the rides to make it "educational". I thought we had it good but you sir have justifiably humbled me. :hail:
LOL, it was good run and the only way this poor boy would have been able to go.

You should have ridden it twice. I know that a ride can be bad just because of untripped sensors on one pass. I cannot imagine the issue will last for more than a day, but who knows.

Sad to report that Dudley has been a sorry straight of affairs for at least a month now. All of the issues the OP reported on were present on my May 4th ride at Grad Bash - and were still present during my 9:50 PM ride on the 27th. Absolutely unacceptable. Missing figures and disfigured or absent audio for a month? I guess the point system doesn't apply at Dudley.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
^ If that is the case then it is a bad thing. I would encourage everyone to write to Universal, JKR, Warner Bros. and say that although they enjoyed the WW, it is sad to see that they chose to place it in a broken down carnival park. And then get specific about Dudley.

Dudley needs an extensive 6-7+ month refurb. New show scenes, animatronics, and working effects. It's so sad that it's such a fantastic water ride, but looks like a cheap travelling fair haunted house in the inside.

Gorgeous exterior, horrible interior (Except the queue).