The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The suburban street with the sniper is *technically* not in the Pittsburgh section of the game, right? I’d love to see it included but the divide between the chapters there is blurry to me. Maybe the separation of the chapters also isn’t what Universal is using to define what they include anyway, so maybe it doesn’t even matter, but thought it was worth bringing up
I would say the Pittsburgh section starts at the truck crash, and ends with the sniper sequence. It's technically a Pittsburgh suburb - and they did mention the sewer tunnels, which dump you out into the suburb.

Guess this will finally be the thing to push me to watch the show and play the series :lmao:
Whew. Just finished the game as promised (credits are literally still rolling lol) and I'm all in on this house now. Absolutely incredible. Picked it up two days ago and wasn't able to put it down.

Time to catch up on the spoilers discussion in this thread finally, start the show up, and look into getting Part 2.

My two cents now is that going all in on Pittsburgh makes the most sense. Feels like it'll allow them to flesh out the most house-worthy aspect of the game whereas doing each key location would make things feel too rushed as much as I'd like to see them all.

Last edited:
This house has potential to be great but fell a little short for me. The house needs to be darker and more claustrophobic.
the blotar at the end was fun but to in the open and it was to light
I felt the bloaters looked a bit too clunky, but I also realize that they were probably hard to design without making them look goofy. My bigger issue is they don’t really do anything.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
This house has potential to be great but fell a little short for me. The house needs to be darker and more claustrophobic.
I feel the same. It was really cool to experience the scenes from the game but it was just too spaced out. Seeds was more effective for me personally, but maybe that because they aren't restricted by having to fit within the confines of an IP.

Agreed. Honestly really sad it was disappointing because TLOU means a lot to me but I still liked it. Hopefully Hollywood's is better

Reactions: Kichkinet85
Agreed. Honestly really sad it was disappointing because TLOU means a lot to me but I still liked it. Hopefully Hollywood's is better
Yeah, same for me. I’ve wanted this for so long. I didn’t rank it as low as you did and if it was an original I’d be more optimistic it has room to grow, but with it being an IP, there’s only so much they can do.

On Friday, I had a fun first run followed by the slow unfortunate realization that Seeds was indeed a better house, and that Decendants did the Hunter idea better as well. However, on a 2nd run and allowing myself to hear the individual voice of this house and understand the story and ideas it wanted to portray, I think I've come out enjoying this one a good deal. I think it's missing a bit of detail work (an issue I've had event-wide this year) but catching more of the specific scenes from the game and some more of the scares, as well as some of the Runners and Clickers really giving a better performance than Opening has given me a much more positive outlook on this than before.

Seeds showed the grounded, small-scale ruins of an individual location and the beauty that was found in nature reclaiming it, Decendants showed some more human locales like Subways and subterrainian structures and the escape from hunters in a very fun way with some great detail work, and this house focuses more on the specifics of the IP. Each monster type and how they differ from each other, the fungal spore aspects of it all, I caught numerous specific rooms that made an impression on me during my playthrough of Part 1.

I hope the casts really learn to gel with their roles, costumes, and helmets and go all out because being surrounded by Clickers, jumped by a Runner, or charged by a Bloater like I was last run was a lot of fun, and I think more of that is what can really elevate the house at this point.

I saw the full show and I watched the entire game on YouTube.
I liked this house a lot but it felt exactly like. A walking Dead house ( and I don't say that negatively. I loved all and every walking Dead houses and the scarezones. ) I'm sorry but all these zombie properties are just gonna be similar to each other
Outside of the specific Last of US creatures, everything else feels like walking Dead. The sets here are really amazing but they feel like generic zombie apocalypse sets. Again I'm not attacking the house. It just didn't really feel like the game or the show for me specifically. Only two parts reminded me of the property. Everything else didn't.
I liked this house so much more than Stranger Things. Much more amazing. The creatures are great. The masks are great. The scares are much better.

It really is very open and there is no roof so it feels really big like BLOOD MOON house does. Feels very wide. But while having no roofs and feeling huge helps BLOOD MOON a lot. In this case it kinda hurts this house in some of the rooms. This needed the close sets claustrophobia of Darkest Deal or Dueling Dragons.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
(I saw the full show and I watched the entire game on YouTube.)
I liked this house a lot but it felt exactly like one of the walking Dead houses ( and I don't say that negatively. I loved all and every walking Dead houses and the scarezones. ) I'm sorry but all these zombie properties are just gonna be similar to each other.
Outside of the specific Last of US creatures, everything else feels like walking Dead. The sets here are really amazing but they feel like generic zombie apocalypse sets. Again I'm not attacking the house. It just didn't really feel like the game or the show for me specifically. Only two parts reminded me of the property. Everything else didn't.
I liked this house so much more than Stranger Things. Much more amazing. The creatures are great. The masks are great. The scares are much better.

It really is very open and there is no roof so it feels really big like BLOOD MOON house does. Feels very wide. But while having no roofs and feeling huge helps BLOOD MOON a lot. In this case it kinda hurts this house in some of the rooms. This needed the claustrophobia of Darkest Deal or Dueling Dragons.
It's still great,

After experiencing Hollywood's TLOU house, I seriously cannot fathom what happened with Orlando's. Seriously embarrassing :skull:

So it feels like all IP Orlando houses are lacking or disappointing this year? . So weird.... ( except exorcist)

Last edited:
Alright I have come to make sense of these TLOU houses.

I feel like the two things that make TLOU stand out besides being horror, is that the characters are great, and to find beauty in the world even when it has been broken.

Hollywood took the more direct approach and really wanted to capitalize on having Joel and Ellie what seems to be a great majority piece of the house. So if you prefer to see those two all the time and watch good interactions, you’re just simply gonna like Hollywood more.

Now Orlando wanted to show case the beauty of the game. Which I think they succeeded in, having walked through it myself it really feels like the game. Every room you go in is going to fully immerse you into that world, that’s the one thing this house is really good at.

So if you prefer to see Joel and Ellie? Hollywood.
Say, you ever want to visit the world of TLOU for yourself with the most immersion possible? Orlando.

The biggest gripe is, why couldn’t they have just done both? Oh well, they are both great for their own reasons.

Alright I have come to make sense of these TLOU houses.

I feel like the two things that make TLOU stand out besides being horror, is that the characters are great, and to find beauty in the world even when it has been broken.

Hollywood took the more direct approach and really wanted to capitalize on having Joel and Ellie what seems to be a great majority piece of the house. So if you prefer to see those two all the time and watch good interactions, you’re just simply gonna like Hollywood more.

Now Orlando wanted to show case the beauty of the game. Which I think they succeeded in, having walked through it myself it really feels like the game. Every room you go in is going to fully immerse you into that world, that’s the one thing this house is really good at.

So if you prefer to see Joel and Ellie? Hollywood.
Say, you ever want to visit the world of TLOU for yourself with the most immersion possible? Orlando.

The biggest gripe is, why couldn’t they have just done both? Oh well, they are both great for their own reasons.

Maybe this exactly why this house feels so much like walking Dead to me. In walking Dead we never saw the main characters. We were just transported to their world. We took the role of Rick Grimes basically.

The last of us only has them a couple times. Very little. So we are basically taking the role of Joel. Kinda the same way.
So yeah you made a great point. That's really what's going on.
We barely have dragons in dueling dragons, we barely have Chucky in Chucky lol. And we barely have Joel and Ellie in here .....