The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe this exactly why this house feels so much like walking Dead to me. In walking Dead we never saw the main characters. We were just transported to their world. We took the role of Rick Grimes basically.

The last of us only has them a couple times. Very little. So we are basically taking the role of Joel. Kinda the same way.
So yeah you made a great point. That's really what's going on.
We barely have dragons in dueling dragons, we barely have Chucky in Chucky lol. And we barely have Joel and Ellie in here .....
Don’t get me started on Dueling Dragons.
That’s something I’ll save after I go through it again…

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
So if you prefer to see Joel and Ellie? Hollywood.
Say, you ever want to visit the world of TLOU for yourself with the most immersion possible? Orlando.

The biggest gripe is, why couldn’t they have just done both? Oh well, they are both great for their own reasons.
This definitely sounds right, from what I've seen. I think Orlando would've benefitted from only one or two more scenes with Joel and Ellie (especially something like Hollywood's facade). However, Orlando seems to have an abundance of scares and superior sets (It's a shame we didn't get that truck scene though). All that being said, I'm still very excited to see this house. I just started playing the game and I'm absolutely in love with every part of it.

I walked through for first time since TM Previews last night and I did enjoy it more this time (of course now I wasn't holding the weight of 10 years of it being a bucket list item on my back, too). Scares were more effective last night (Hunters especially) and actually got some good clicker ones from some of the clickers who only scare like ever 45-60 seconds or so (so at that point it was luck). It's actually a really cool scare, but very few people see it.

Unfortunately last night was the only night my mom and Sister could go and Ellie didn't come out. I noticed the second Joel in the house at the sniper position, which actually served as a great distraction from the second bloater. Super aggressive. He had actually scared my family in front of me so I was laughing at the scare he got thinking I was good and he then immediately popped back out which caught me by surprise. The first bloater is a bit too noticeable to be a good scare.

Essentially what I think i'm saying here is... it's better than it was, but the only thing that has changed is SA's getting more comfortable in their roles. Hopefully that continues.

First run last night, I definitely enjoyed the house alot. Wish I would have played the game rather than watched the show tho. Maybe I can find time to get thru the game right quick!

• Wow
First run last night, I definitely enjoyed the house alot. Wish I would have played the game rather than watched the show tho. Maybe I can find time to get thru the game right quick!
I mean, just imagine the Kansas City part of the show is Pittsburgh + instead of the Tendril network, spores are a big part of the game.

But yes, I HIGHLY recommend playing the game just for the fun of it. It's an all-timer that you wouldn't regret.

I liked the show but felt it was over hyped and jumped the zombie shark from zombies to people are jerks in the apocalypse really really quickly.

Definitely feel like they made a great call with focusing more on what makes it "House Scary"

I liked the show but felt it was over hyped and jumped the zombie shark from zombies to people are jerks in the apocalypse really really quickly.

Definitely feel like they made a great call with focusing more on what makes it "House Scary"
Here's the thing: from a grounded perspective like the HBO show (and honestly even the game in many respects), the humans are the bigger threat because everyone is struggling and needs to find a way to get by and they will kill you if they need to in order to survive. The Clickers and bloaters serve their purpose as the zombie stand-ins, but just like Rick Grimes with TWD, Joel knows how to handle them. They are predictable in their actions unlike humans.

I think TLOU Part 2 will work better more as a "best moments" type of a house with as there's a lot of cool stuff in that game that could make for a great house, but none of it is all in one specific area. I think with a house as long as the one this year they could probably do an extremely quick retelling via select moments.

Something that would be cool would be to utilize the DD choose your path technique for TLOU Part 2 with one being Abby's journey and one being Ellie's and then at the end there's their final fight that everyone would see. Being able to have such a drastically different experience on two different walkthroughs would be very interesting. DD makes minimal use of the choose thy fate element.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but the signs around the park pointing to different paths and labelling the houses you can find there changed recently and The Last of Us was called something different. I don't have any pictures but am 100% certain of this change.

First weekend, called "Last of Us: Part 1".
Second weekend, called "The Last of Us".

I noticed because of how strange I thought it was to cut "The" from TLOU and also the distinction of "Part 1" which no other piece of info, merch, or marketing throughout the event made. When I went to check it out this weekend, it was changed to the standardized name. Thought that was weird and kinda interesting. "Part 1" could indicate they want to do another TLOU house based on Part 2, but occams razor means it was probably just a graphic design guy not proofreading the sign before it went to print haha!

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but the signs around the park pointing to different paths and labelling the houses you can find there changed recently and The Last of Us was called something different. I don't have any pictures but am 100% certain of this change.

Yes, it did say that. Tbh, I wouldn't take it as confirmation "PART 2 in 2024" like I saw some people do, in any case.
PXL_20230902_224306021.jpg

Photo credit to bdz on r/hhn.

I noticed because of how strange I thought it was to cut "The" from TLOU and also the distinction of "Part 1" which no other piece of info, merch, or marketing throughout the event made. When I went to check it out this weekend, it was changed to the standardized name. Thought that was weird and kinda interesting. "Part 1" could indicate they want to do another TLOU house based on Part 2, but occams razor means it was probably just a graphic design guy not proofreading the sign before it went to print haha!
The video game is formally referred to by PlayStation as The Last Of Us: Part 1 since the PS5 version of the game released last year.
shopping

Reactions: Michael S
The video game is formally referred to by PlayStation as The Last Of Us: Part 1 since the PS5 version of the game released last year.
shopping
I was aware, but it somehow made the choice to remove the "The" all the stranger! I'd get it if it was trying to normalize it based on the new naming convention, but this is the only place where the property has ever been officially called "Last of Us: Part 1" haha

Again, especially with the change this weekend the most likely answer is a proofreading error.

It seems like there are a few spots where a Joel or Ellie could pop out in place of some of the Hunters, just borrow some of the audio from Hollywood and plop them in there...people want to see them! Do you think there's a rule where these hero IP characters can't be scaring people?

• Sad
It seems like there are a few spots where a Joel or Ellie could pop out in place of some of the Hunters, just borrow some of the audio from Hollywood and plop them in there...people want to see them! Do you think there's a rule where these hero IP characters can't be scaring people?
Nope as we got hero scares before.

Yeah That's why I call this house the Walking Dead. Same thing. Because you don't really see Joel or Ellie. Just a bunch of zombies and human villains.

I was ok with our Orlando house until I saw the video for Hollywood, then it got depressing. Because it felt like Ellie and Joel were in the Hollywood house so many times.
I still love our house but Hollywood looks so amazing in comparison.

Reactions: DonnieBoy