The Impact of Wizarding World | Inside Universal Forums

The Impact of Wizarding World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How much will HP increase USH's attendance, and will it prompt an expansion?

• Some attendance increase; no expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some attendance increase; expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 26, 2014
So Cal
I know Jon has a great editorial on this subject, go check it out if you haven't.

Anyways read this for a quick refresher: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/25/news/la-trb-wizarding-world-harry-potter-universal-studios-04201325

So obviously we're short on space. If we're smart about it, we can get to an IOA size. (Vertical building anyone?) Anyway Transformers boosted USH 30% total (with a little King Kong help, and factoring in some other stuff) with was amazing. Now I'm a Transformers fanboy, but HP has a ton of recognition which will boost USH's numbers by a ton. We are 17 in the world, needless to say, we've come a long way. (For reference, IOA is 10, and we're catching up to USF at 16) How do you think this will impact USH's attendance? With some good marketing, and some undoubtedly amazing numbers, we might get an expansion to our beloved park.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel its like a giant 'Build and they'll come' as theres alot of Potter fans in LA. I feel it will be like a more of a reason to make another Expansion but Hell no to potter expansion. I'm sorry but it would not work at all as if they did something like Diagon Alley, it'd not work for one reason. Hogwarts Express. Its due to that its near impossiable to do a huge Hogwarts Express on a hill on the Tram unless if they move it but even then, it'd still be really bad and not a good idea. Besides that, yea it will be big. But one quick thing, I'm betting The line will be going all the way to the In-N Out to go into the park. It is big as it can do that with many potter nuts.

I feel its like a giant 'Build and they'll come' as theres alot of Potter fans in LA. I feel it will be like a more of a reason to make another Expansion but Hell no to potter expansion. I'm sorry but it would not work at all as if they did something like Diagon Alley, it'd not work for one reason. Hogwarts Express. Its due to that its near impossiable to do a huge Hogwarts Express on a hill on the Tram unless if they move it but even then, it'd still be really bad and not a good idea. Besides that, yea it will be big. But one quick thing, I'm betting The line will be going all the way to the In-N Out to go into the park. It is big as it can do that with many potter nuts.
I'm not referring to something like Diagon at all. And I agree with you as well on everything..

I know Jon has a great editorial on this subject, go check it out if you haven't.

Anyways read this for a quick refresher: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr/25/news/la-trb-wizarding-world-harry-potter-universal-studios-04201325

So obviously we're short on space. If we're smart about it, we can get to an IOA size. (Vertical building anyone?) Anyway Transformers boosted USH 30% total (with a little King Kong help, and factoring in some other stuff) with was amazing. Now I'm a Transformers fanboy, but HP has a ton of recognition which will boost USH's numbers by a ton. We are 17 in the world, needless to say, we've come a long way. (For reference, IOA is 10, and we're catching up to USF at 16) How do you think this will impact USH's attendance? With some good marketing, and some undoubtedly amazing numbers, we might get an expansion to our beloved park.
Excluding Dragon Challenge, the plot of land currently reserved for Wizarding World in Hollywood is slightly bigger than that in Island's of Adventure used for Hogsmead, Forbidden Journey, and Flight of the Hippogriff. 

Excluding Dragon Challenge, the plot of land currently reserved for Wizarding World in Hollywood is slightly bigger than that in Island's of Adventure used for Hogsmead, Forbidden Journey, and Flight of the Hippogriff.
Well Dragons does take 2/3 of the space. It'd be nice to have another coaster in USH's lineup though. At least we're getting Hippogriff.

techically dragons was there before. If there'd be another coaster, it'd be either indoors or in the lowerlot. But yea atleast Hippogriff is a start here.

The only substantial land increase that I could see happening would be from Soundstage 12. If we're being optimistic, the golf course could always be used as well.

But beyond that, it's a bit difficult to imagine Universal building anything substantial beyond the current footprint.

The only substantial land increase that I could see happening would be from Soundstage 12. If we're being optimistic, the golf course could always be used as well.

But beyond that, it's a bit difficult to imagine Universal building anything substantial beyond the current footprint.
The golf course is only one acre :( Anyways, I love how IOA&USF combined are 300~ acres and we're sitting here with a 415 acre studio. And Universal Parks& Resorts is the most profitable division of NBCUniversal, so ya never know ;)

actauly yea. Its big enough to expand the parks and studios if they move they're soundstages there. I mean; it could work and we'd get a hellalot of land of old stages to use.

actauly yea. Its big enough to expand the parks and studios if they move they're soundstages there. I mean; it could work and we'd get a hellalot of land of old stages to use.
Yeah the land available to golf was 1 acre. It is 315 acres. Let's think about something crazy: If they demolished the studio,and used the golf course... 730 glorious universal acres! Largest theme park in the world. If only... :/

Fingers crossed. Anyway... I think the park will be packed... for the first time in history (correct me if I'm wrong) USH will have to turn people down, like Disneyland, because the park is full. I do hope for an expansion. If done it will probably be Potter, but I hope we get more options other than Potter... Please Legendary, make blockbusters...

Hogwarts Express could easily work if they built the Diagon Alley epansion where falls lake is.

HP will definitely increase USH attendance. HP has a larger following than everything currently in USH. I personally hope for an expansion because USH should expand and build new attractions on new land as opposed to removing their classic attractions to make room for mediocre ones. USH can learn a thing from Disney. They don't mess with their classics which are still their most popular attractions. If an attraction is feeling outdated, some tlc can be given from a refurbishment to ensure everything is in working order, to an update for providing a new experience.

UOR has twice as much land to use for Potter. We, however, do not. There really isn't that much room anymore in the Falls Lake area due to Fast and Furious: Supercharged, so don't expect to be walking around there in your wizard robes anytime soon.

Reactions: Allen The Actor