The Future of The Walking Dead Attraction Space | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Walking Dead Attraction Space

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
After looking at the POV for Villain Con, it’s clear that it takes up very little space and it’s pretty high capacity. Being that the TWDA is a very small space with a queue infrastructure already in place, waiting to be put to use when literally nothing else can go in there except an HHN house….there’s no way park management isn’t having serious discussions about putting something similar in that space. It also helps that it happens to be at the start of Minion Way.

Look, I’ll be honest, unless the ride focuses more on practical sets and effects, I really don’t want this ride. For one thing the last thing this park needs is another screen-fest. Plus, we need all of the precious indoor venues we can get for HHN. But again, since this would be high capacity, take up an abandoned venue that would literally add capacity, another ride would be added, I’m sure they’re more than willing to forgo my qualms with it. I personally think people are going to complain about another screenz ride if they bring this here.

Although there are currently no rumors (At least that I’m aware of) that signal something like Villain Con coming here, I figured I would start a thread discussing this as the space is literally too perfect for to pass up something like it. What do y’all think?

I would say VCMB has a higher chance of being cloned to Japan right now. The now defunct Backdraft attraction is literally right next to their Minion land and the Minions are crazy popular in Japan. Back to Hollywood though. If they do decide to push forward with VCMB I could see this being the 2026 addition to the park after F&F in 2025. Or maybe USH could surprise us and throw it together fast enough for a 2024 addition since there does not appear to be anything lined for that year thus far. But I would hope that they would take the time and reanimate the queue videos and final battle scene to fit in with Hollywood. Remember the Paris version of Web Slingers? It has the GOTG room even though the Paris AC lacks Mission Breakout!

Reactions: mccgavin
The space isn't big enough but my vote is still a Luigi Mansion with this tech in mind. But if it goes that route will need wayyyyyy more effects/physical sets

If Universal has another IP that's not minions and can fit there then great, also for those asking to destory dreamworks theater.....can we not. We need to have someplace to sit down and its only WW and dreamworks theaters

Replacing Panda?
Given it seems HHN will be making camp there with an overlay seemingly inbound this year; DreamWorks Theater should be safe (and I agree with what @chris.g is saying in that TWDA should probably be better suited to become a proper HHN venue.)

What I would wonder, is actually on Parisian. It has been rumored in the past that they might look to get rid of that section in favor of an Illumination based replacement; one that could complete what they currently have with Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Secret Life of Pets: Off The Leash, and Silly Swirl/Super Silly Fun Land.

It'd be big enough too for a two floor attraction if they wanted to maximize things like they did with Pets.

Last edited:
Given it seems HHN will be making camp there with an overlay seemingly inbound this year; DreamWorks Theater should be safe (and I agree with what @chris.g is saying in that TWDA should probably be better suited to become a proper HHN venue.)

What I would wonder, is actually on Parisian. It has been rumored in the past that they might look to get rid of that section in favor of an Illumination based replacement; one that could complete what they currently have with Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, Secret Life of Pets: Off The Leash, and Silly Swirl/Super Silly Fun Land.

It'd be big enough too for a two floor attraction if they wanted to maximize things like they did with Pets.
Speaking of DWT, someone said on reddit that they heard from an employee that there have been two other films produced for DWT. So the rumors of a new overlay/ DWT film would track. If a new DWT film were to come this year, I assume late November/ early December?

Speaking of DWT, someone said on reddit that they heard from an employee that there have been two other films produced for DWT. So the rumors of a new overlay/ DWT film would track. If a new DWT film were to come this year, I assume late November/ early December?

The HHN overlay seems to be separate from whatever had been rumored for DWT (Which I wouldn't take into stock for now on).

The HHN overlay seems to be separate from whatever had been rumored for DWT (Which I wouldn't take into stock for now on).
I assume the HHN overlay be a non DreamWorks film And would the HHN overlay use the preshow room for a preshow or would that be turned off and you would just enter the theater?

I'm not partial to Walking Dead over Parisian Courtyard, I just think adding the ride would be a win for capacity at Universal, in an area that already has the thematic and logistical scaffolding for the ride.

I'm perfectly fine with the former Walking Dead location remaining a flex space that's primarily used for an HHN house. HHN needs upper lot locations to help spread out crowds. Plus it's an indoor location, so theoretically it can be climate controlled.
Would be interesting if the space was used for some sort of Lunar New Year experience in between.