The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Getting back on topic - I wonder if the transition from Simpsons to Pokemon would be a complete tear down/rebuild, or if they'd do it as more of an overlay (aka retheming FFB/Duff Gardens/Kwik E Mart/etc) and then completely tearing down the ride building for a new one.
At least a decade too old for Pokemon, but based on my limited understanding, could it really support a bar? I thought the characters were tween/teen kids and mostly adorable li'l monsters. I don't know how comfortable Nintendo would be hawking Pikachu Pilsner in that environment.

At least a decade too old for Pokemon, but based on my limited understanding, could it really support a bar? I thought the characters were tween/teen kids and mostly adorable li'l monsters. I don't know how comfortable Nintendo would be hawking Pikachu Pilsner in that environment.
Well with a name like Pikachu Pilsner you’ve given them no choice! That’s too good to not use.

I'm not quite sure if they would, but anything is possible!

Reactions: SeventyOne
Could always be changed to a juice bar. Berries are a big thing in the series.

Getting back on topic - I wonder if the transition from Simpsons to Pokemon would be a complete tear down/rebuild, or if they'd do it as more of an overlay (aka retheming FFB/Duff Gardens/Kwik E Mart/etc) and then completely tearing down the ride building for a new one.
FFB is the largest QSR at USF, so unless they move every TM to another QSR to improve their ops/speed up the process, I can't imagine they'll want to lose that capacity for a long time.

I worry they will attempt to keep it open as long as they can, then quickly turn it around for something Pokemon related.

FFB is the largest QSR at USF, so unless they move every TM to another QSR to improve their ops/speed up the process, I can't imagine they'll want to lose that capacity for a long time.

I worry they will attempt to keep it open as long as they can, then quickly turn it around for something Pokemon related.
That's kind of my thought - even if everything else is a total tear down, I think we would most likely see a retheme of FFB.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I would really hope that a Pokemon land replacing Simpsons brings Diagon level changes to that side of the lagoon. I want them to demo pretty much all of it back to the Sprung's.

Near the front from either Central Park or MiB, you enter a forested natural route with some Pokeball-Activated Pokemon effects hiding in bushes or in trees, as you walk into the center portion of the land where Simpsons is now, the path leads into a larger Cityscape reminiscent of Ryme City from the Detective Pikachu movie. The city containing a Pokemon Gym, a Pokemon Center counter-service restaurant, a Pokemon Lab show with a Professor and their assistants showing off different Pokemon, etc.

These are just random ideas thrown at the wall, but Pokemon is the biggest media franchise ever. It deserves at least as much as Potter and Star Wars. It needs much more than a single showbuilding ride, a spinner flat, and a series of box-y lightly themed quick-services. Those work fine for adult animation, grounded Simpsonland, but not so much for the stylized and specific looks that many Pokemon locations have.

With the talk of food I just thought of something. Is it possible they stay away from actual meat so as not to imply that Pokémon are on the menu? I wouldn’t mind a Tauros Burger myself but I think The Pokémon Company would.

Poffin stand!

With the talk of food I just thought of something. Is it possible they stay away from actual meat so as not to imply that Pokémon are on the menu? I wouldn’t mind a Tauros Burger myself but I think The Pokémon Company would.
About that…

Right, in the newest games you can make sandwiches. One of them being specifically a Klawf Claw Sandwich. This is a Klawf. :lmao:

Klawf.png

They might be more willing than you think!

Oh it's not even subtle anymore? Times have changed! Klawf gives me an idea though, you know those lobster tanks you see in the seafood aisle where you pick the one you want? Well now hear me out before you say no please. :lol:

Pikachu Porkchop has a ring to it! (I'm sorry. lol)

About that…

Right, in the newest games you can make sandwiches. One of them being specifically a Klawf Claw Sandwich. This is a Klawf. :lmao:

Klawf.png

They might be more willing than you think!
Oh I know there were references to it I was just wondering if they wanted to imply this with food you’re actually eating in real life. I guess mostly for the kids which are the target demo.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I would really hope that a Pokemon land replacing Simpsons brings Diagon level changes to that side of the lagoon. I want them to demo pretty much all of it back to the Sprung's.

These are just random ideas thrown at the wall, but Pokemon is the biggest media franchise ever. It deserves at least as much as Potter and Star Wars. It needs much more than a single showbuilding ride, a spinner flat, and a series of box-y lightly themed quick-services. Those work fine for adult animation, grounded Simpsonland, but not so much for the stylized and specific looks that many Pokemon locations have.
My thoughts exactly. I'm hoping this rumored land is 'moved up' in front of Zelda or other projects, and not 'fast-tracked', because if they fast-track it I feel like they'd be more inclined to re-use FFB which limits the overall land completely with the placement of that building. They need a blank slate to go wild with for this IP. Thats why a two-phased approach to the land like Alicia and others have speculated worries me too. It's hard enough to build in an active theme park, and even more so when a land is partially open and guests are around.

At least a decade too old for Pokemon, but based on my limited understanding, could it really support a bar?
Zero chance TPCi (Pokemon Company) allows it. They banned gambling/Game Corner in the games, so I don't see how they'd allow a bar of any kind in this land.

I guess they draw the line at alcohol and gambling, but humans eating Pokemon is fair game.

This is a universe that revolves around legalized dog fighting.

They're not going to care about Miltank steak being on the menu.

Heck, I'm the exact right age for both Pokemon and SpongeBob and could just never get into either, for whatever reason.