Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

The sheer amount of technology that all has to work together simultaneously with a time code to get that Bike effect to work is mind boggling. Way more moving parts than people realize.
No doubt. It's a terrific effect. And the show seems incomplete without it. I hope Terminator stays for a few more years. It's really one of a kind attraction.

No doubt. It's a terrific effect. And the show seems incomplete without it. I hope Terminator stays for a few more years. It's really one of a kind attraction.
I want to agree with you Mad Dog, I really do. This used to be one of my favorite attractions, but after seeing it for the first time in a few years, it really began to show it's age, especially when doing it shortly after Transformers, Jimmy Fallon and even Shrek.

I applaud that they re-cut the pre-show because (while I miss Shaq) it was truly dated. That said, it is so jarring seeing new tech and high-def screens for 10 minutes, then entering the auditorium and seeing a worn down and marked up screen featuring dated visuals. The main screen's entrance point for John and Arnold to drive into is almost totally visible now too, making it far from seamless like it used to be. The 3-D also has some of the worst ghosting of any attraction that is still standing. It's a damn shame too, because I love the IP and I really like that there is a show based on an R-rated franchise in the park.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the gift shop has next to no Terminator apparel left as it's become more of a "Hot Topic" store for other films/TV shows/music and so forth.

I want to agree with you Mad Dog, I really do. This used to be one of my favorite attractions, but after seeing it for the first time in a few years, it really began to show it's age, especially when doing it shortly after Transformers, Jimmy Fallon and even Shrek.

I applaud that they re-cut the pre-show because (while I miss Shaq) it was truly dated. That said, it is so jarring seeing new tech and high-def screens for 10 minutes, then entering the auditorium and seeing a worn down and marked up screen featuring dated visuals. The main screen's entrance point for John and Arnold to drive into is almost totally visible now too, making it far from seamless like it used to be. The 3-D also has some of the worst ghosting of any attraction that is still standing. It's a damn shame too, because I love the IP and I really like that there is a show based on an R-rated franchise in the park.

Also, it's worth mentioning that the gift shop has next to no Terminator apparel left as it's become more of a "Hot Topic" store for other films/TV shows/music and so forth.
Actually I agree with just about all of your points. But I still enjoy it since there's really nothing like it at any of the Orlando parks, though parts of the show could be updated better. It's a throwback no doubt, but I'd rather have Terminator instead of something like the Walking Dead bad rumor from last year. And since there's so much other stuff going on in the next couple of years. Universal solely needs that capacity on the right hand side of the park. Not a whole lot left over there once Kidzone goes down. Simpsons ride, Horror Make up show,Terminator and ET if it survives, will be it.

Actually I agree with just about all of your points. But I still enjoy it since there's really nothing like it at any of the Orlando parks, though parts of the show could be updated better. It's a throwback no doubt, but I'd rather have Terminator instead of something like the Walking Dead bad rumor from last year. And since there's so much other stuff going on in the next couple of years. Universal solely needs that capacity on the right hand side of the park. Not a whole lot left over there once Kidzone goes down. Simpsons ride, Horror Make up show,Terminator and ET if it survives, will be it.

Funny enough, my sister said exactly that when we started the park counterclockwise (and ET was down). She was like "where are all the rides?", so I agree with you. It would need to be replaced in a few years once Nintendo and Fast are done at least.

Also, I lived in LA and was an annual passholder at Hollywood for the last few years. Walking Dead is as bad as everyone says it is and I hope to God it never comes to Orlando :horse:

View attachment 4487
Newspaper article today. Hopefully will help the show keep going (for now).
Let's also not forget that T2 will be released in 3-D in theaters this August!

How hard would it be to do a refurb of the screen and upgrade to 4K with the newer glasses like on the other rides? Honest question, just wondering.

Funny enough, my sister said exactly that when we started the park counterclockwise (and ET was down). She was like "where are all the rides?", so I agree with you. It would need to be replaced in a few years once Nintendo and Fast are done at least.

Also, I lived in LA and was an annual passholder at Hollywood for the last few years. Walking Dead is as bad as everyone says it is and I hope to God it never comes to Orlando :horse:

I'm sure people from the US and people from the UK always take the opposite route when visiting a park. I think it stems from driving on the other side of the road. All supermarkets have their entrance on opposite sides too.

If the working atmosphere was as magical as Joe Rohde and James Cameron pretend it to be while working on Avatar Land, then I expect they work together on a new movie; Tzero: The earlobe-a-nator. It would be strange to see it replace the current ride but it's a fit to the Makeup and Horror Show next door.

But all silliness aside, I love that attraction.

Let's also not forget that T2 will be released in 3-D in theaters this August!

How hard would it be to do a refurb of the screen and upgrade to 4K with the newer glasses like on the other rides? Honest question, just wondering.
The projectors and screens are not the hard part of upgrading this attraction. It's getting the film Digitally Remastered that would cost millions. It seems Universal isn't sure if it should spend that type of an investment for a 21 year old attraction.

If the re-release does better than expected in theaters they might decide the investment is worth it. But that's a long shot.