The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Springfield/Simpsons Ride (Hollywood)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know I've already said that I think the Bourne show will probably come here, but I would really like to see the space used for another coaster.

Yes, I know. Probably not realistic, but as I've said in the past, USH is going to need a themed intermediate/thrill family coaster of some sort in Mummy's absence. They need something that's a little more exhilarating than Hippogriff but not nearly as extreme as F&F. I know it would be another headache with the noise levels and scream shields and whatnot, but they could cheat it by having some indoor sections. There's a small parking lot down the hill they can have the coaster go into a building. I think this would be the best spot for that one last coaster that should be for families.

I don't know what else you're going to be able to fit in this spot except for a coaster station. I'm sure they want to reuse the foundation for the BTTF building, but it's made in such a specific shape that I just don't know how else you're going to be able to put anything other than a coaster station in there.....maybe Bourne if they're creative. I also just don't see them putting a dark ride in there for this reason.

Reactions: imaleo
That is The Great Movie Ride on steroids! Disney should've done this instead of Runaway Railway as GMR's replacement lol

I always said they should've used Laika's "ParaNorman" for a ride/land just so I could have a permanent spooky presence in the park, plus it'd technically be family-friendly too!

I do agree an extension of the Hollywood theme would make sense since the Studio Tour is right there.

I meannn a ride similar to tower of terror could be cool themed to universal monsters. Don't know how bad it could affect the sight lines for the backlot and the filming, especially the way the piece of land is elevated. But its a cool concept

Reactions: Wesker69
Don't know how bad it could affect the sight lines for the backlot and the filming, especially the way the piece of land is elevated.
It wouldn't affect it any different than Hogwarts Castle. Besides, they'd just use computers to digitally remove it & anything else during post production if they needed to...

I'm all for more Universal Monsters presence in the park (or Citywalk). Just include a well themed Monsters Cafe with better food than Orlando's former location lol

Reactions: imaleo
Would love something like this:

This is what the Drift coaster should have been...sorry not sorry.

This is makes everyone happy, its got thrills, its themed, not only is it themed but you can easily change out themes and have different ones to make everyone see something they like and is a unique idea over here in the states.
Back to the Future, Twister, ET, Fast and Furious, How to Train Your Dragon, Classic Monsters....this coaster would have been a WIN for everyone

Last edited:

This is makes everyone happy, its got thrills, its themed, not only is it themed but you can easily change out themes and have different ones to make everyone see something they like and is a unique idea over here in the states.
Back to the Future, Twister, ET, Fast and Furious, How to Train Your Dragon, Classic Monsters....this coaster would have been a WIN for everyone
It’s not even open,,

In all seriousness, are you for real? Like I'm more than willing to DM so we don't derail the thread, but dude...c'mon man. I've never seen someone so unhappy with stuff that's coming and then whenever they have something you want, you find something to complain about. The coaster isn't even open and you're complaining?

It’s not even open,,
It doesn't have to be to see this kinda theming would have made more people happy

Not talking about just the coaster, I'm talking themeing....people and I have it on video if you guys want BOOOOO the Fast and Furious part of the tram.

I'm not even against part of it being in this kinda coaster but we could have had BTTF, ET, How to Train Your Dragon a bunch of IPs that are hard to fit there.....vs a coaster based on one dying IP.

Alrighty, it’s time to transition this convo. If you want, you can take it to DMs. This is the future of Springfield thread. Thanks everybody!

Would love something like this:

Side-stepping but I'd actually argue we don't need coasters back-to-back in that area.

I'd also say--the positional of The Simpsons Ride, alongside the 30+ year timeframe of infrastructure (which will lead more to like 38) alongside the positionals of the Studio Tour Plaza and Fast & Furious hinder what is possible. Unless radical changes occur with the upcoming Studio Tour Plaza; I think you are faced with two options.

or B.

B.) An attraction or Show experience, one that draws people to the area but does not crowd.
Personally; B feels realistic to me. Unless if something drastic changes with how infrastructure of that area is; I see no reason why you would want to have something prominent stand out. I just don't think it makes sense you go big in Springfield U.S.A., and go with something smaller that allows the area to maintain as a transitionary between Lower Lot and Studio Tour.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be to see this kinda theming would have made more people happy

Not talking about just the coaster, I'm talking themeing....people and I have it on video if you guys want BOOOOO the Fast and Furious part of the tram.

I'm not even against part of it being in this kinda coaster but we could have had BTTF, ET, How to Train Your Dragon a bunch of IPs that are hard to fit there.....vs a coaster based on one dying IP.

*Sorry Nico, was mid-typing when I saw your post*

Did you seriously say FF is a dying IP, whose last film made over $700m worldwide and is Universal's most lucrative franchise in the modern era, while suggesting BTTF and ET as alternates? Like seriously? I love all those films, but not only are they not on the same level of money-making as FF currently, but this type of coaster would be doing those properties a disservice. The same applies to Dragons.

A drift coaster utilizing the tricky terrain doesn't open up a lot of options, meaning there's only so much you can do; but fortunately, a FF coaster doesn't require much more than speed and thrills.

And what's the one thing fans of the franchise and haters of Supercharged have said?

You need to stop moving the goalposts and inserting personal opinions into sound business decisions.

honestly i wouldn’t mind if Simpsons was rethemed to Modern Hollywood with a theater show replacing The Simpsons Ride. Have it blend in and compliment Hollywood Drift right next to it.
If there're going to go the route of a theater show, they should take a page from that abandoned Main Street theater announced for Magic Kingdom back in 2017 so you can change out the production from time to time. You could even do holiday themed shows as well.

If there're going to go the route of a theater show, they should take a page from that abandoned Main Street theater announced for Magic Kingdom back in 2017 so you can change out the production from time to time. You could even do holiday themed shows as well.
It’s good in theory, but no one has done it stateside with success. I don’t think it’s impossible, just no one seems interested so far. Dreamworks theater is a good example of theory vs reality.