The Future of PortAventura | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m British, my family all lives there, I moved abroad.
The cost of living has increased everywhere but it has really increased in the UK and a lot of people are really struggling.
On of the factors of Brexit is that it has cut the numbers of people who would work low wage jobs in the uk, such as fruit pickers. This has exponentially increased the cost of food.

The other thing to mention here is going on vacation in the uk is EXPENSIVE. The cost of hotels is astronomical and the cost of gas is very high. The reality is that a week long all inclusive trip to Salou via a uk travel company works out to be cheaper than a week at Alton towers. Combine this with guaranteed sunshine in the summer (this years summer in the uk was not good).

Don‘t get me wrong I would love to see a new park in the UK, if nothing else it may get Merlin to start maintaining their parks better.

Who does a week at Alton Towers?

Reactions: xtpower
I'm sorrry, but news should be read in full. This neither confirms nor denies anything, just like every other paid news article set up by the resort.View attachment 20147
It's still something to consider and talk about. Morbidly I am actually wondering what could happen if PAW can't find a buyer at all; or if they have to sell to a group like say, Blackstone.

I'm sorrry, but news should be read in full. This neither confirms nor denies anything, just like every other paid news article set up by the resort.View attachment 20147
It was read in full. @Nico quite literally quoted that exact same section several posts ago. No one is ignoring the context here:

That’s what I thought it said too. The article does mention they are still open to a full purchase with that 1 billion price tag. My main take away is they are open to all options.
View attachment 20146
Thank you @mediaservi !

It's still something to consider and talk about. Morbidly I am actually wondering what could happen if PAW can't find a buyer at all; or if they have to sell to a group like say, Blackstone.
There's a buyer, she's been seen lurking around the resort for almost a year. She has now brought some really interesting people to manage the resort, starting next season.

Page Thompson has grown fond of the park it seems.

Would Universal really want to spend a billion dollars on a park that they have to completely makeover in their image or wouldn't it be more cost-effective to spend that money towards something new?

In Pa you are buying a plot of land that the next day you can start building things, if you go and buy a new location you're going to need god's help to put it through, this has a big price tack.
But it seams clear that the news of today have some relation with the insider of yesterday. Maybe UK government has promise a really big incentive and they have chosen UK. From my understanding is going to be a mistake, a lot better in PA or some place among Paris, Brussels and Frankfurt.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniloveEU
In Pa you are buying a plot of land that the next day you can start building things, if you go and buy a new location you're going to need god's help to put it through, this has a big price tack.
But it seams clear that the news of today have some relation with the insider of yesterday. Maybe UK government has promise a really big incentive and they have chosen UK. From my point understanding is going to be a mistake, a lot better in PA or some place among Paris, Brussels and Frankfurt.
I keep seeing this argument. Break ground day 1. Does Spain not having permitting, public comments portion, Environmental and transportation studies?
There's a buyer, she's been seen lurking around the resort for almost a year. She has now brought some really interesting people to manage the resort, starting next season.

Page Thompson is a man.

Reactions: Gartooth and Ryan
But it seams clear that the news of today have some relation with the insider of yesterday. Maybe UK government has promise a really big incentive and they have chosen UK. From my point understanding is going to be a mistake, a lot better in PA or some place among Paris, Brussels and Frankfurt.
No UK has been in development for well over a year now

You should try reading the thread instead of jumping to conclusions...

Would Universal really want to spend a billion dollars on a park that they have to completely makeover in their image or wouldn't it be more cost-effective to spend that money towards something new?

Misgendering aside--I genuinely think you are misconstruing what Page is looking at as they see PAW.

No UK has been in development for well over a year now
Seems a bit strange to have a possible Universal Park in the UK being planned for a year and the only proof available is the NVUL name, which doesn't even confirm that it's called or have anything to do with London... I'm sorry but I'm super skeptical about any of this being remotely real...

I'm not saying it can't be true, but according to the info you've provided (or the lack of) and the certainty that this is definitely happening, similarly to @tommyhawkins, just isn't enough to speculate that much. Is there any other type of information or proof that you can share?

Reactions: UniloveEU