The Future of PortAventura | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One would imagine if they have the land and know it’s safe to announce it—it’d be within the next year or two. To give people heads up before a breaking of the dirt would occur months or longer than that (like how Horror Unleashed and Frisco got announced).
UK Planning law works differently to America. They would have to announce before they get the ok to build.
We would have fully fledged plans submitted with a public consultation period where people (who probably dont live there - READ: rival Park operators, or are affected by the park's existant) objecting to it. I could go on at length about MSG Sphere and how AEG did a great job of lobbying in London to get the Sphere stopped.

If Universal are smart, they will chose a nice greenfield site surrounded by very little maybe a few farm houses that wont be affected by a major themepark resort, with infrastructure (trains and major roads) links to major cities and a town closeby that needs some regeneration and a county council that is very much looking for major investment and significant jobs, who would be happy to greenlight the project. This location would have to be far enough away from any of the bigger Merlin Parks so they have very little leverage in stopping the park being built. So basically, 70% of the entire country is in the running, the mistake would be to try and build it inside the London M25 corridor......or anywhere East of Thames Barrier

Asking this then but, maybe it might be time to set up a new thread for the London discussion? Would be good to get the bits together that we know of right now.
I don’t want things to get too out of control blue sky, but I’d love a wishlist thread like Epic Universe. If they’re making rides or lands unique to just this park that is totally worth discussion.

FYI: The Gregory Hall tweet that started this whole discussion appears to have been deleted. Take that however you will.
Yep, at the same time on a spanish telegram community they have shared that Page Thompson was seen at PortAventura on the 16 and 17 of this month, they shared a picture of him with the park director but they removed it and also have the option to save pictures disabled, so I couldn't save a copy, but can confirm that I saw it and was him

Reactions: Nico and Tbad556
I did bring it up earlier but no one seems to have noticed,

However, it looks like the “super sleuths” did not look closely enough. On Comcast financial reports, you will find a list of all of its subsidiaries and holding company names. On there is NVU - Vegas LLC and FTNV Corp, the one used for buying the Texas land. NVUL Corp is also listed there. If FTNV stands for Frisco Texas New Ventures, I wonder what NVUL stands for,,
NVUL.png

Idk, this whole London thing taking over this specific topic instead of being a new discussion feels like y'all know something and are actively trying to cover it

Idk, this whole London thing taking over this specific topic instead of being a new discussion feels like y'all know something and are actively trying to cover it
It's actually why I decided to start up a separate thread for the UK rumor (and to compile what Tomfoolery has said so-far there), so that way this one can continue as it can be.

Given the nature of the rumor going as far to have proper holding groups--figured it might actually be a good thing to start a thread for that specifically.

UK Planning law works differently to America. They would have to announce before they get the ok to build.
We would have fully fledged plans submitted with a public consultation period where people (who probably dont live there - READ: rival Park operators, or are affected by the park's existant) objecting to it. I could go on at length about MSG Sphere and how AEG did a great job of lobbying in London to get the Sphere stopped.

If Universal are smart, they will chose a nice greenfield site surrounded by very little maybe a few farm houses that wont be affected by a major themepark resort, with infrastructure (trains and major roads) links to major cities and a town closeby that needs some regeneration and a county council that is very much looking for major investment and significant jobs, who would be happy to greenlight the project. This location would have to be far enough away from any of the bigger Merlin Parks so they have very little leverage in stopping the park being built. So basically, 70% of the entire country is in the running, the mistake would be to try and build it inside the London M25 corridor......or anywhere East of Thames Barrier

Well said. Whenever I read about UK parks building new attractions, they always seem to have to build under tight restrictions. In Alton Towers, I think that rides can barely top the tree line which is why Nemesis was built downwards. Now, while a UNI small park may not require very tall ride heights, it is far easier to not have to worry about it if outside of areas that would place restrictions.

Frisco had a similar problem and they navigated it well. Very likely is that Universal will focus more on dark rides and indoor coasters, which they're quite adept at.

That escalated quickly. :lmao:

For now, let’s separate out PA and UK related responses to their corresponding threads. Mods will keep on eye on both as they develop. If things shift, we will update you all.

Yep, at the same time on a spanish telegram community they have shared that Page Thompson was seen at PortAventura on the 16 and 17 of this month, they shared a picture of him with the park director but they removed it and also have the option to save pictures disabled, so I couldn't save a copy, but can confirm that I saw it and was him
I've been informed that the third person that was with Page Thompson and the park director David Garcia was Fernando Aldecoa, "Managing Director Operations & Finance" as per his linkedin profile

Last edited:
For some strange reason, this thread seems to have significantly more paranoid behavior than any thread I've experienced in the ten years I've been posting on IU (Formerly OU). Some need to take a step back and refrain from over assuming intentions. This is generally one of the friendliest theme park sites, with the exception of this thread. We're all fans of theme parks here.

I've been informed that the third person that was with Page Thompson and the park director David Garcia was Fernando Aldecoa, "Managing Director Operations & Finance" as per his linkedin profile
I dont think this was the first walk through of the park recently either. Which had let me to wonder if Universal was kicking the tires and seeing what their options were.

Reactions: Nico and UER