The Future of PortAventura | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dawg I’m gonna be real. Even in the unlikely event that you are correct, your attitude is kinda getting annoying. You’re being smug about something that hasn’t even happened yet. I don’t get why people are so passionate about defending this thing
Incredibly smug, considering:
The announcement will be here well before Mariah Carey's yearly defrosting. Mark my words.
Should we continue marking your words? Is there a new date you would like us to write down?

They are currently removing the resort logo from the entrance

image.png

A new version of the Port Aventura sign is now going up!
__
To also raise a good point--what if the buyer for this potential sale is someone people don't expect? SF and SeaWorld are slowly gaining traction, with Qiddya and Abu Dhabi respectively.

Last edited:
To also raise a good point--what if the buyer for this potential sale is someone people don't expect? SF and SeaWorld are slowly gaining traction, with Qiddya and Abu Dhabi respectively.
A key distinction is that SeaWorld doesn't own the Abu Dhabi park. I can't find any concrete information regarding Six Flags Qiddya, but it's also the recipient of gobs of state money.

Personally, SEAS feels like the best bet as the buyer here. We know they're keen on expansion, as they offered to purchase all of Cedar Fair last year, plus they are consistently pumping investment into their parks. PortAventura also has a past associated with Anheuser-Busch (just like with Universal), to the point where I could easily see this park rebranded as PortAventura: A Busch Gardens Park or Busch Gardens: Salao. The massive B&M coasters, impressive theming (that has slowly fallen off in recent years), and even the Sesame Street IP all make this fit well within the SEAS catalogue of parks. But there's also the very likely possibility that a random investment group picks up the park and things stay the same as they have been for the past decade or so.

According to rumors, a Due Diligence has been carried out in the park this week. Many areas of the park have been cleaned, such as the renovation of the entrance bridge. Inventory and cleaning of warehouses have also been conducted. These are actions that have not been taken in 20 years. Typically, Due Diligence is requested by the buyer in a sale to assess the condition of the company.

In 1998, Universal requested a Due Diligence one month before completing the purchase of the park. This, of course, does not confirm that they are the buyers. My opinion remains that it is Universal, and we will likely find out soon. I don't intend to convince you; as always, it's a rumor, and everyone will have their opinion.

It's good to bring up just to do so--that they have patents filed in other regions outside of Spain.

SK, Canada, Malaysia, and in other countries; where Universal files these there to ensure they have the claim as they need (but not to define as immediately developing in those regions).

Yeah, and the "Someone's connecting the dots" while quoting the tweet talking about Universal registering things in Spain means nothing, he is just the author of that patent, surely he doesn't know anything about Universal parks
My point was to say it’s for VelociCoaster. I didn’t comment on anything else. I know who Gregory Hall is. And he happened to have been the person who designed the VelociCoaster trains.

Thought it may be interesting to speculate on whether or not VelociCoaster might be coming to Spain.

I don’t appreciate the tone. I was not attempting to downplay this development.