The Future of PortAventura | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of PortAventura

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Considering that Universal doesn't like to announce things in advance, they might have logos and characters throughout the park before formally announcing the purchase.
Wouldn't be that hard right now admittedly either, considering they had Express iconography for a while, alongside Shrek and Woody.

Good question could come on what would be the signal though. My mind instinctively wonders if it is, that they could send a minion costume or not.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Some conflicting feelings about the show building for Uncharted:

A user posted these photos:

Picture

Picture

With one calling it a 'mamotreto descomunal' (huge monstrosity), and another saying the sightlines only look bad in certain places.

Double post on a different topic:

Another interesting note, recent rumors about Universal purchasing PortAventura seem to coincide with the cancellation of a Hard Rock entertainment district below PortAventura.

Picture

Picture

Not sure why they the Director of Port Aventura genuinely thought that a Hard Rock presence would be something that would interest American audiences enough to visit. The first map also shows areas into which Port Aventura would likely expand.

Translating it, looks like Universal visited the park recently.
They do mention that Universal visits the park frequently due to existing licensing agreements for characters like Woodpecker and Shrek, but they do seem to think recent visits are more significant.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
I've been thinking about easy and simple editions Universal could add if they require the resort. Looking at the land behind Shambhala and around Angkor, there's enough expansion space for a mini-land. If they are looking for IPs to add to PortAventura, Kung Fu Panda would be an excellent IP addition to the back of their China area.

1672950036160.png

Does portaventura have enough land left for a whole new park? I would be suprised if Universal buys them back if they don't even have enough space to open a traditional Universal Park.

They do~ surprisingly they do.
Ooh. Well I can definitely see Universal purchasing Portaventura again then. Buying a already successful resort will make sure they avoid a eurodisney like disaster while trying to break into European market.

I'm guessing they'll make another "best of" Park like Beijing. Probably Super Nintendo World, Hogsmeade, Jurassic Park/World, Minions and a DreamWorks land