The Future of Parisian Courtyard | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Parisian Courtyard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In a perfect world, if a new ride were to open where Parisian is in a few years, I'd pray Universal would close Minion Mayhem once it's open and gut it to overhaul the Despicable Me theme into an indoor family coaster or light thrill ride. (I hate minions, but doing a Crush's Coaster-like Despicable Me ride through Gru's factory or whatever would be absolute perfection, and I can't imagine Minion Mayhem existing for another decade in its current form.)

I'd be sad to see Parisian go because it's one of the few things remaining that feels like "old Universal" that I grew up with, and it'd mean the loss of that venue for HHN, presumably, but progress is progress, and the idea that so many new things are on the horizon is exciting regardless.

Well that is a spicy meatball I missed yesterday. Wow. I figured Parisian would go in the near future for a new attraction but that’s sooner than expected. Potentially losing three HHN venues next year. Hope they can figure it out next year.

I hope and pray that they are not going to blow this spot on Villain Con or a flat ride. That would be such a tremendous waste of space. I want to echo highdexfrex’s idea of gutting Minion Mayhem for a small indoor coaster or a dark ride. If they did that and ONLY if they did that, then I think it would be acceptable for a simulator ride like Migration or Sing. Even then if they decided to add a simulator ride in that spot…we are losing Simpsons.

I really hope they think carefully about what they put here because if they go the multi-story route, they can really put a lot into this space. I also think they can put a really small dark ride in there, but I don’t know what it would be.

I think most likely we’ll see an attraction based on Sing. I could see a Pepper’s ghost or SFX-style show go in that spot. We kinda need more shows than dark rides at this point so it would be welcome….but I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to a new dark ride going in there. :)

I’m extremely confident whatever goes here will be two stories. Restroom, queue, and exit gift shop on the first floor, and the whole attraction on the second. The question is though, will Mel’s stay or go? I hope Mel’s gets brought back as that seems to be a Universal parks staple.

No Thank You Ugh GIF

There have been whispers of Villain Con moving into Parisian for a while. Not sure if there's any real movement imminent or if it's just more talk.
giphy.gif

Villain-Con works in a small park like USH due to the innate nature of the experience. And while I wouldn't be surprised if something changes; Villain-Con has been something I have heard of as-well.

USH needs more stuff to get people off the streets; and Villain-Con works in favor of that due to the repeatable nature of the experience. I also think it would be good to consider the potential that new iterations could lead into.

Reactions: TylerG
It's weird. If Villain-Con (or something like it) was coming as part of/to compliment something larger, like the land overhaul I mentioned where Minion Mayhem gets changed, I would be totally cool with it coming since it's a people-eater and something new for kids/families to do. But if it's just coming by itself, that's where I get disappointed and go, "Ugh," because I'd rather take something totally, wildly different over it rather than just getting another clone. (And admittedly I'm biased, because I don't have kids yet and Despicable Me is not "for" me, which makes it something I'd probably do once and never again or only with someone who hasn't done it before, like MM, so it's a "waste" for me whereas a dark ride or something wouldn't be.)

Reactions: saint.piss
Ugh there are other things that would be a lot better than Villain Con. Is the reception for that “ride” actually good enough to bring it over here? Even though they would have to do a full demo and ground-up build?

An AA and FX-heavy show with Sing would be more preferable than this. Even better a Vekoma Madhouse would be great. I just hate the idea of Villain Con.

I thought the rationale for putting Villain con in Orlando was because the event took place in Orlando in the first Minions movie? Isn't the finale scene set in Orlando CityWalk?

I thought the rationale for putting Villain con in Orlando was because the event took place in Orlando in the first Minions movie? Isn't the finale scene set in Orlando CityWalk?
It's all screens so they can easily replace the Orlando section with Hollywood since it's just animation. But I do agree with you, I don't want it in Hollywood nor do I think it belongs there. Just give us another dark ride Universal I'm begging

Last edited:
I just don't understand the rationale of have yet another screenz-heavy "ride"in an already screenz saturated park. If I recall, I think someone said that the GP considered Mario Kart another screenz ride. I just don't see a universe where this ride would be received well. Surely they have to have a better idea to put in this spot.

A moving walkway with screenz but with laser guns would be tragic waste of space. While a dark ride would be nice, we already have a really high-quality dark ride right there. I'll say it one more time: A Sing show that's heavy on AAs and SFX. I think something like Dream Works Theater but without the "simulator" aspects and more physical effects would go a long way.

Illumination:
- SING!
- Migration
- The Lorax (excuse to add trees)

LAIKA:
- ParaNorman
- Kubo
- Box Trolls
- Coraline

WB/Hannah Barbara:
- Scooby-Doo

NBCUniversal:
- Hannibal restaurant

Reactions: saint.piss
I'm not sure what y'all were expecting! Villain Con was designed to be cloned easily to other resorts, and the Parisian Courtyard is not all that big a space. The lukewarm reception to Orlando's iteration may have impacted those ambitions some, though.

I'll be honest it's not like they've got much to work with anyways. I do think if Moulin Rogue goes we might have a mixed-use area to work with but Villain Con on this current footprint is fine. It subjects families on the upper lot to this specific area of the park, adds to the attraction count and it's indoors.

EDIT: lol @ Clive and I posting the same reaction simultaneously

A Sing show that's heavy on AAs and SFX. I think something like Dream Works Theater but without the "simulator" aspects and more physical effects would go a long way.
I did really enjoy the Sing show at USJ so I wouldn't mind it coming to Hollywood honestly. I rather see it replace KFP if it did come tho lol

• Wow
Reactions: Wesker69
Parisian Courtyard is a small plot. Why do people want Universal to cram a dark ride in there? Especially when there's one right next door lmao.
Disneyland has all kinds of dark rides near each other, why can't universal? I just love dark rides in general and would prefer one over a Villain-Con clone. Honestly I would really take anything else other than villain con in Hollywood, dark ride or not.