The Future of Parisian Courtyard | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Parisian Courtyard

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Wish to set up this thread; more to post what I have been hearing in regards to it (and that I wish to crack the case open now).

Through multiple sources and understanding--I have been hearing that Parisian Courtyard will be expected for demolishment next year for a new park project; a family attraction that would replace the venue. I have believed for a good while now, and am sharing it here as part of two rumors that I am posting on other platforms; of USH looking to the future with new projects along the way.

Also wished to set this thread up--as there isn't a true thread for Parisian Courtyard. And I wished to create this thread regardless, as a means of people being able to talk about the Courtyard; even if it isn't used for as much of the year due to HHN.

Through multiple sources and understanding--I have been hearing that Parisian Courtyard will be expected for demolishment next year for a new park project; a family attraction that would replace the venue.
If we lose the Parisian Courtyard location for a Villain-Con clone... I'm going to be really disappointed. At least if you're going to get rid of that location, do something new. A dark ride would be nice...

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

This is hard.....I LOVEEEEEEEE that area but......if they can fit a new attraction there. It's also what I want is more things coming to the park without closing another ride....so we will see what it is

I'm not against Minions shooting ride....I'd just be more of with it having a new theme but don't think any other Illunation films works

Dream Works has a few that could fit like Bad Guys or Megamind

Reactions: alias8703
If we lose the Parisian Courtyard location for a Villain-Con clone... I'm going to be really disappointed. At least if you're going to get rid of that location, do something new. A dark ride would be nice...

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF
I thought it had recently been determined that Villain-Con actually used more of the Shrek building than was originally planned, and thus wouldn't necessarily fit within Parisian Courtyard's footprint.

I thought it had recently been determined that Villain-Con actually used more of the Shrek building than was originally planned, and thus wouldn't necessarily fit within Parisian Courtyard's footprint.
I would assume they can do a different layout and also they could use some of French street and could also do the Q like SLOP and use up the space better

I would assume they can do a different layout and also they could use some of French street and could also do the Q like SLOP and use up the space better
That's certainly possible.

I'm not quite as down on Villain-Con as other people are (I also like Web Slingers), but I'm expecting them to annex Parisian Courtyard into Super Silly Fun Land and add a play area or a flat ride (EDIT: They could probably do more than you think with this area I'm also presuming this rumored annexation, if it comes to pass, largely serves a couple goals.

1. To increase the overall capacity of the area (relaxing areas are technically underutilized capacity sorry!)
2. To balance the deficit of food service staff across the resort by moving Parisian Courtyard staff members to more highly trafficked areas (or alternatively, consolidating all the Parisian Courtyard restaurants into one location).
3. To give kids something to do when they can't get into Super Nintendo World because the lines are too long.
4. Sell more Minion plushies.

Another downside to losing Parisian Courtyard is the most important of all... the loss of Mulligans!

I'm not against Minions shooting ride
I'm against it. Minions has enough space being used on the Upper Lot.
don't think any other Illunation films works
An interactive ride is unnecessary, but SING should have an attraction. Migration could get an attraction. Or if they're really desperate, The Lorax (we don't acknowledge the existence of The Grinch). Super Mario would be pointless.

Dream Works
Has its own venue that can rotate its own IPs, which is what it was designed to do, they have just failed to do so since it opened.

Something I'd unironically argue in the favor of Villain-Con; is in it's repeatability. From those who experience it, it sounds like an attraction that requires you to take your time out to experience it multiple times; to get a knack for the gameplay systems and have good strats to clear the score.

Would be a great counter-balance compared to that of Mario Kart, and would be accessible for anyone.

Something I'd unironically argue in the favor of Villain-Con; is in it's repeatability. From those who experience it, it sounds like an attraction that requires you to take your time out to experience it multiple times; to get a knack for the gameplay systems and have good strats to clear the score.

Would be a great counter-balance compared to that of Mario Kart, and would be accessible for anyone.
Sure, sure that sounds swell and all...

But what say you to one slide complex?v6om6p7gv4381.png

Ok...what about one slide complex and one popsicle themed flat ride?

rgedueg2a4251.jpg

EDIT: @saint.piss This you?

MV5BMTMzOGY3NWItNGVkZi00NmFjLWE3MmMtNjM2MDQ2YjFmNTI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjgyOTI4Mg@@._V1_.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: saint.piss
Another downside to losing Parisian Courtyard is the most important of all... the loss of Mulligans!

I'm against it. Minions has enough space being used on the Upper Lot.

An interactive ride is unnecessary, but SING should have an attraction. Migration could get an attraction. Or if they're really desperate, The Lorax (we don't acknowledge the existence of The Grinch). Super Mario would be pointless.

Has its own venue that can rotate its own IPs, which is what it was designed to do, they have just failed to do so since it opened.
Not Idea how it it would fit but if we could get a simulator where you are flying from Migration then I'm down....issue is the film didn't make that much. Unlike SLOP which made a lot

dr seuss anything would be welcome from cat in the cat (they are still making that movie..I think) to Lorax

I'm expecting them to annex Parisian Courtyard into Super Silly Fun Land and add a play area or a flat ride
Except... SSFL already has a restaurant, midway games, a flat ride AND TWO play areas (wet & dry). Soooo no.
1. To increase the overall capacity of the area (relaxing areas are technically underutilized capacity sorry!)
Until you are in dire need of a place to sit on a busy day..
2. To balance the deficit of food service staff across the resort by moving Parisian Courtyard staff members to more highly trafficked areas (or alternatively, consolidating all the Parisian Courtyard restaurants into one location).
*sigh*
3. To give kids something to do when they can't get into Super Nintendo World because the lines are too long.
If the lines are long there, the lines are going to be long anywhere within the vicinity of PETS & Minions. So it'll just be another long line.
4. Sell more Minion plushies.
Hence the creation of the A.S.S. giftshop (Minions, to Hello Kitty, to DreamWorks). And the unfortunate invasion of the Studio Store across from it. They don't need more incentive, they flaunt it enough.

Except... SSFL already has a restaurant, midway games, a flat ride AND TWO play areas (wet & dry). Soooo no.

Until you are in dire need of a place to sit on a busy day..

*sigh*

If the lines are long there, the lines are going to be long anywhere within the vicinity of PETS & Minions. So it'll just be another long line.

Hence the creation of the A.S.S. giftshop (Minions, to Hello Kitty, to DreamWorks). And the unfortunate invasion of the Studio Store across from it. They don't need more incentive, they flaunt it enough.

I agree that this would suck in all the ways described, I am deliberately being facetious.

In all seriousness, @AlexanderMBush did you hear anything specific about what was meant by family attraction?

I agree that this would suck in all the ways described, I am deliberately being facetious.

In all seriousness, @AlexanderMBush did you hear anything specific about what was meant by family attraction?
So counter to that of the Studio Tour--where I have left the cards out on the table; I actively am choosing not to talk about the family attraction. Not because I don't know what it is, but I'd rather let someone else get the chance to take that W (as I wish to mainly talk about the timeline of which demolition would need to occur for it to start, which seems to be a Pets like timetable).

So I heard that there is a kitchen in this area that is for most the carts upstairs....I know they could move it but bringing it up because I think if this area goes it basically mean the French street would also have to see some big changes
LAIKA should just invade the area. Give me ParaNorman & I'll be happy. Kubo could be fun, but... zombies, ghosts & a witch is what families really need.
Remember when they had that amazing exhibit with all the sets from their first three films? (in the Globe theater where SLOP is now) God it was so dam cool