The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can't remember if they were there in 2011 during my first visit to IOA. But I'm looking forward to seeing it in May. I'm one of the few that actually likes this attraction. Screen dialogue is a little too corny in the final battle scene, but if you get a good guide, this is an entertaining attraction. The only bad guide I had was on my first time in 2011, but all the others have been good to excellent. And the water vortex is cool as all heck. Plus, it's probably the best air conditioning in Orlando. Can't beat that on a hot steamy humid day....Thanks very much for the info.

Reactions: Joel
I notice lasers always come out funky on camera. I think it's something with the fact our eyes naturally ignore the short stops in the lasers that occur rather frequently, while the camera picks it up every time.

I think with some improved lighting to supplement this it will work well.

Reactions: Joel and Mad Dog
I notice lasers always come out funky on camera. I think it's something with the fact our eyes naturally ignore the short stops in the lasers that occur rather frequently, while the camera picks it up every time.

I think with some improved lighting to supplement this it will work well.
Happens with the night time shows as well...It has to do with the shutter vs shutter is my guess

The carpet has been removed from the first room, and the Lasers have returned to the second and third rooms. They have been heavily upgraded as well! :D

Excellent refurb. The lasers and digitally upgraded goddess image added a lot to the second room. And the water spouts and fire bursts were all working great in the third room. Around half of them weren't working during the past few years. Made for an exciting grand finale. The attraction looked almost new. Loved it. All they need to do is digitally update the screen scenes in the third room. Coupled with the best air conditioning in the park, this is a great way to be entertained for 20 minutes or so on a hot Orlando afternoon.

Excellent refurb. The lasers and digitally upgraded goddess image added a lot to the second room. And the water spouts and fire bursts were all working great in the third room. Around half of them weren't working during the past few years. Made for an exciting grand finale. The attraction looked almost new. Loved it. All they need to do is digitally update the screen scenes in the third room. Coupled with the best air conditioning in the park, this is a great way to be entertained for 20 minutes or so on a hot Orlando afternoon.

Haven't been on in a while, but is the AC really better than MiB Express/single rider?

Reactions: jtsalien
This probably isn't going to happen so I'm not sure if I should post about this in this thread or another, but I didn't see a thread I thought was better for it. Lost Continent could be changed into an area based on the first Warioland video game and have it kind of fit. They might have to take some liberties with some of these areas and add things that aren't shown in the game.

Here's three versions:

1:

The area in front of Poseidon's Fury could be the Parsley Woods. Poseidon's Fury could be changed to Syrup Castle. It might be hard to keep a big skull thing added to the top of Poseidon's Fury from being seen from Suess' Landing. Maybe the giant trident could be changed to the giant Fork Tree.

Sinbad's Stunt Show could be changed to either a combination of Stove Canyon and the S.S. Teacup or one or the other. In the game the player must go through Stove Canyon to get to the S.S. Teacup. If it's just Stove Canyon, then possibly some explanation would be needed for why there are ships there.

One side of Mythos is changed to Mt. Teapot. The other side of Mythos that faces the main body of water of IoA is changed to Sherbet Land.

I'm not sure about the ideas for the shops and other buildings near the walking pathways or who would be running them. Maybe they are supposed to be part of Rice Beach, some grassland areas near Mt. Teapot, and/or the Parsley Woods. I'm also not sure how employees at the park should appear in the area at certain locations. It might be hard for employees to perform certain things like a stunt show if they wearing a character suit. I'm not sure what to do with the talking fountain.

2:

The front entrance to Poseidon's Fury could be the Rice Beach and Poseidon's Fury could be a cave or series of caves near Rice Beach.

Sinbad's Stunt Show could be changed to Syrup Castle with the area nearby changed to Parsley Woods.

One side of Mythos is changed to Mt. Teapot. The other side of Mythos that faces the main body of water of IoA is changed to Sherbet Land.

I'm not sure about the ideas for the shops and other buildings near the walking pathways or who would be running them. Maybe they are supposed to be part of Rice Beach, some grassland areas near Mt. Teapot, and/or the Parsley Woods. I'm also not sure how employees at the park should appear in the area at certain locations. It might be hard for employees to perform certain things like a stunt show if they wearing a character suit. I'm not sure what to do with the talking fountain.

3:

The front entrance to Poseidon's Fury could be some sort of entrance to part of Stove Canyon and Poseidon's Fury could be changed to Stove Canyon. Although, Poseidon's Fury is currently a cold air conditioned ride while Stove Canyon has lava.

Sinbad's Stunt Show could be changed to Syrup Castle with the area nearby changed to Parsley Woods.

One side of Mythos is changed to Mt. Teapot. The other side of Mythos that faces the lake is changed to Sherbet Land.

EDIT-More info about the game:
http://oi68.tinypic.com/maicfd.jpg
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia

Last edited:
To be quite honest, I think what Lost Continent's replacement should revolve around two things.

On the side facing Posideons Fury and Mythos, you would transform that portion to a proper extension of Seuss Landing; based around the town of Whoville, seen iconically in the story of How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

It would be dense, with it being a multi-floored area housing two shops, dining; and an E Ticket indoor/outdoor family coaster based on the Sled from the story (and potentially from the new animated movie).

As for the other side, the side of Sinbad; while the theater would stay, the area around it would be heavily modified and themed to match medieval knights, similar to the original Lost Continent, with a new show featuring Merlin and using projection mapping along with a vast amount of effects.

Reactions: LieutLaww
So since the rumor is we are getting Berk...Can we please actually get a x dimension coaster. Before people state its too intense something like this themed to Berk where you can have something going on so far away that impact the ride and AAs....I would die.

So... HTTYD is maybe a thing here.

Personally, I could go on about how perfect of a fit HTTYD is for a theme park all day. I feel like a lot of DreamWorks properties, like say, Madgascar, wouldn't fit in a theme park particularly well since they require at least some knowledge of the characters to get much enjoyment out of an attraction. (and in the case of Madagascar, it's pretty much been a dead IP since 2014) But in the case of HTTYD, the draw transcends IP; sure, the movies have made a decent amount of money and a 3rd is still on the way, but even if somebody has never even HEARD of the movies, it still is something that sounds exciting; it's an island full of vikings and dragons, for crying out loud.

And outside of that, the IP is FULL of potential in pretty much every department. The land itself has the potential to be beautiful and rustic, there's SO much they could do with a HTTYD ride, there could be a live show using puppetry and actors, the merchandising potential could give the Pandora banshees a run for their money, and you could even have some fun dining based off a viking pub. Basically, I really hope this HTTYD thing comes to fruition because I think it has the potential to be an amazing addition, deserving of being the first true new island at IOA since 2010.

So since the rumor is we are getting Berk...Can we please actually get a x dimension coaster. Before people state its too intense something like this themed to Berk where you can have something going on so far away that impact the ride and AAs....I would die.

The info that Dave(Disneyhead) received indicates an E ticket Dark Ride and a massive Puppet Show. None of it greenlit yet, though.