Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

I never cared for Sinbad before the redo last summer. We went in May and really enjoyed it. It was so much better than it had been the past few years. . All the new & old effects worked great, and the changes to the storyline, different martial arts fight scenes etc made for an enjoyable show. I'll definitely watch it again in the Fall. I went from a harsh critic to a fan. And the crowd was very enthusiastic, cheering and laughing from beginning to end....I agree on PF. One of the best facades & settings anywhere and a fun entertaining show as long as you get a good guide.
Interesting, I haven't seen the show since before DA opened (I remember because I was trying to get a view of HE construction)...perhaps it has changed

Personally, I would think the much wiser solution is to split the remaining land for Potter and Seuss.

Poseidons gets removed for a large Seuss E-Ticket and Sinbad gets removed for some sort of D-Ticket or C-Ticket. You can retheme Mythos to a Seuss theme; and have the Potter expansion be something like Malfoy's Mansion.

Seuss has a decent sized expansion pad waiting to be used and I think DC will provide more than enough room for HP.

The problem I see with LC is that it doesn't seem big enough to have a full land put in so it could be something similar to Kong being placed in the area if it was redone, it's just finding the right attraction and one that can lend itself to a restaurant.

Maybe that's where SLOP will go and the restaurant will have all your meals served in pet bowls.

Seuss has a decent sized expansion pad waiting to be used and I think DC will provide more than enough room for HP.
The Seuss pad can only fit really one decent-sized attraction. I'd say Grinch and Lorax are different enough in tone/setting that they each could warrant their own D-ticket/E-ticket.

Ideally, a Seuss expansion/revamp would be:

Seuss Landing

CitH upgrade/overhaul
Lorax dark ride (plot next to Cat)
Grinchmas soundstage turned into permanent Seuss show (changed for Grinchmas, of course... plus Halloween overlay, too)
Seuss Trolley upgrade (reworked to have 34" height requirement, more sets/AAs)
If I Ran the Zoo upgrade/refurb

Whoville
Grinch E-ticket family coaster (Poseidon's spot)
Horton/Nool restaurant (Mythos' spot)

The rest of LC would go to Potter. Malfoy Manor is a good idea for a Omnimover-style attraction.

The Seuss pad can only fit really one decent-sized attraction. I'd say Grinch and Lorax are different enough in tone/setting that they each could warrant their own D-ticket/E-ticket.

Ideally, a Seuss expansion/revamp would be:

Seuss Landing

CitH upgrade/overhaul
Lorax dark ride (plot next to Cat)
Grinchmas soundstage turned into permanent Seuss show (changed for Grinchmas, of course... plus Halloween overlay, too)
Seuss Trolley upgrade (reworked to have 34" height requirement, more sets/AAs)
If I Ran the Zoo upgrade/refurb

Whoville
Grinch E-ticket family coaster (Poseidon's spot)
Horton/Nool restaurant (Mythos' spot)

The rest of LC would go to Potter. Malfoy Manor is a good idea for a Omnimover-style attraction.
I mean, the Forbidden Forest tho..

I like the idea of Whoville, but I'd say do the Grinch coaster in the expansion plot and put Lorax in a filing cabinet..

Although Kong and Potter have somewhat ruined the intention, I still think it is important to keep the 'islands' idea around in IOA..you know, crossing a bridge to get to the next land...again, I know Potter and Kong have somewhat ruined it, but I'd like to keep it where we can

Also - The idea of Universal redoing Cat with the AA tech they have recently used would be amazing

That film series wasn't exactly a slam dunk of an IP to invest in a land, despite how popular the books might be.

Still at least with the Rick Riordan books you not only get the greek gods but the norse, egyptian, greek, etc as all his books are connected. The only other thing that is big in mythology is God Of War video game and potentially that new Starz series based off American Gods which both are not family friendly.

Still at least with the Rick Riordan books you not only get the greek gods but the norse, egyptian, greek, etc as all his books are connected. The only other thing that is big in mythology is God Of War video game and potentially that new Starz series based off American Gods which both are not family friendly.
Maybe if the rebooted Clash of the Titans films from WB weren't such complete turkeys, that could have been an option.

I know Poseidon's on it's way out probably in the next couple of year's, but at least they fixed the water tunnel. Last year I went, and it was only blue tinted lights, it was so lame. Now the water tunnel is back, and it's really kinda cool. As for the show, i like it better than Sinbad's, but it needs a lot of work that I don't feel it will be given.

I can see it being rethemed to something else, or just being taken out alltogether.

One thing I often wonder about park shirts, how often do people really wear it outside the parks?

I wear my minion shirt all the time. My son wears his transformers one frequently, he bought the one with the mustache transformer in disguise in 13, it was faded so he bought a new one, same design last summer. Daughter is not a theme park shirt kind of kid.

I never cared for Sinbad before the redo last summer. We went in May and really enjoyed it. It was so much better than it had been the past few years. . All the new & old effects worked great, and the changes to the storyline, different martial arts fight scenes etc made for an enjoyable show. I'll definitely watch it again in the Fall. I went from a harsh critic to a fan. And the crowd was very enthusiastic, cheering and laughing from beginning to end....I agree on PF. One of the best facades & settings anywhere and a fun entertaining show as long as you get a good guide.

I've never seen it. How hot is the theater? It is outside, right?

It is under cover and not bad. Too, I find it to be charming watching all the kids react and they do react. To this day, I cannot figure out the selfish hate on this attraction.

I think the girls I am bringing would enjoy the show. My daughter's friend is active in theater, dances and sings. It was closed for refurb last year. I might put it on our list this year.

The one thing I will say about the Lost Continent is that it gives people who don't like thrills or are physically unable to participate on riding rides something to do in the park. Take those away, and you exclude an entire group of people.

I think the girls I am bringing would enjoy the show. My daughter's friend is active in theater, dances and sings. It was closed for refurb last year. I might put it on our list this year.

If your kids are under 10, they will love it. There's fire and fireworks and high dives into water. I don't know what the 20-30 year olds here want. Waterworld?

The one thing I will say about the Lost Continent is that it gives people who don't like thrills or are physically unable to participate on riding rides something to do in the park. Take those away, and you exclude an entire group of people.
They can still do that even if they remove LC...
For example, one idea I've had for a while is a Wizard of Oz replacement for LC. Replace PF with a WoZ dark ride that anyone can ride, and replace Sinbad with an abridged Wicked show that anyone can watch.

For me, the trouble with Sinbad and PF is that I will only do them once in a while. They do not interest me enough to do them every trip. Any time an attraction/ride like that is replaced with something I will do one or more times every trip is a win to me.

For me, the trouble with Sinbad and PF is that I will only do them once in a while. They do not interest me enough to do them every trip. Any time an attraction/ride like that is replaced with something I will do one or more times every trip is a win to me.
Generally I'll only do them once a trip, like Terminator, due to their nature. But I like the fact that all three occupy a nice segment of the day, since they're longer than the normal 4 minute ride. Universal used to have more of those long attractions, which set them off from the regional parks, and I would hate to see them lose any more. Myself, I like having the mix of long attractions and shorter 4 minute rides that are great for re rides.

I think LC still a great land (visually) even after the takeover of potter. I believe it should stay but both attraction need a complete remake (although I was not aware Sinbad had an update) but anyway PF must be updated with all the new tech and bring back the Gods. This attraction should be a jaw dropping experience.... when it comes to Sinbad, it can go, or at list the building should go. PF is consider a show already in my eyes. The land needs an actual ride (about mythology, not middle east tales) and maybe, perhaps.... they could do a double attraction building with a second floor to hold maybe a indoor show to replace or keep Sinbad and a dark ride upstairs sharing both the same building.... the outside? ruins and rock work on the side for the HE