The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think under the current agreement, Marvel has to greenlight whatever attraction Universal proposes. Of course, with marvel being owned by disney, I can't see this stipulation being upheld. Universal still has the right to use Marvel characters in a theme park and Disney World can't use them.

Hi, I'm new to the site, but i've been following for a while. I wanna give fifty :rep: to everyone who provides photo updates on TWWOHP. I can't believe how fast everything is progressing!

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks Sindbad's Village should be erased, and rethemed to the Lost City like PF and Mythos? Before Harry took over, there were three section to LC. Having the island split in half dosn't really make much sense. Having everything Ancient Greek would be a better alternative in my opinion

I never got to see any of it :( I am still young and all my previous trips were to Disney but now that I am older, I wish that it was still there because I think it would have been sweet.

That was the best article, I've been to Nick Studios so many times, and miss it all the time. I think it was cause I got slimed, and my bro was on Legends of the Hidden Temple.

For Poseidon's Fury they should keep the name, but make it an actual ride where you journey into a forbidden temple where you by accident unleash Poseidon. The ride could be really awesome and be a little like Revenge of the Mummy and Spiderman combined! The main effect could be going through a huge room where water starts to fill up but you barely escape. There could be geysers too, and Poseidon could be projected on water screens. I would not change the facade but alter the line slightly.

For Poseidon's Fury they should keep the name, but make it an actual ride where you journey into a forbidden temple where you by accident unleash Poseidon. The ride could be really awesome and be a little like Revenge of the Mummy and Spiderman combined! The main effect could be going through a huge room where water starts to fill up but you barely escape. There could be geysers too, and Poseidon could be projected on water screens. I would not change the facade but alter the line slightly.
Nice idea, Harry Fan! :rep: :thumbs:
And they should bring back the water vortex and have the ride slowly go through it, then do the water fill up thing you said. :lol:

I've always thought that Poseidon's Fury could receive a massive overhaul that'd transform it into a dark-ride comparable to Spider-Man, Men In Black, and Toy Story Midway Mania. The storyline would center around guests traveling to Atlantis via special excavation vehicles (the ride vehicles, placed on a trackless system), where they are quickly marked as intruders and hunted-down by the "Sea People". Riders would fend-off these monsters via their special laser guns, racking-up points and traveling through the lost city. Some of the creatures would be animatronics, and upon defeat, would vanish in a blast of fog and flash of lights. Others would be projected on massive screens, like Toy Story Midway Mania. In theory, the ride would be so perfectly built that guests would be clueless where the reality ends and the virtual world begins (Spider-Man, anybody?). Of course, the attraction would make good use of some of Poseidon's Fury special effects, including the water-vortex, as well as various other water-effects and the impressive fire-effects. The ride would end, as may be expected, with the collapse of Atlantis. This scene would utilize PF's final room, where waves of water will come crashing-down around guests as columns of fire ignite.

So yeah... simple enough idea, but amazing ride if it was created. I mean, just imagine for a second, a massive (7-9 foot tall) water creature leaping onto a large boulder, triton in hand. Guests would quickly shoot at it, and upon its defeat, a blast of fog would fill the air while the creature quickly retreats (hidden by the fog). And that'd only be a tiny fraction of the experience, as well as Midway Mania parts where sea creatures are given much more free range in where they travel and what they do (imagine, for a second, a massive water-screen with a temple room projected onto it. A sea creature would be seen in the background, leaping towards guests. A massive animatronic, in synch with the projection, would crash through the water-screen at the same time the virtual individual would. Very impressive, and only increasing how life-like and real everything would feel).

So yeah... I've obviously put too much thought and time into this idea, but I think it'd be pretty awesome. Thoughts?